Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/eracer5/public_html/kataclysmforum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/eracer5/public_html/kataclysmforum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/eracer5/public_html/kataclysmforum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/eracer5/public_html/kataclysmforum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3729: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3731: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3732: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3733: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Kataclysm's X-Men Pages Forum • View topic - Iron Man '94?

Iron Man '94?

Discussion about topics other than X-Men: Evolution.

Iron Man '94?

Postby WandaMaximoff on Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:24 pm

I don't remember much of Iron Man 1994 (hey I was only three) but I just watched the episode where Iron Man is marrying Spider-Woman and I have to say, man that cartoon leaves something to be desired. First off, Julia and Wanda never fought over Tony's affection, that just didn't happen and it's wishful thinking on the creators of this cartoons part to think that they did or ever will. (I actually got the vibe that they were really good friends not rivals.) Secondly, what the heck is up with Wanda's voice and all that crying she did at Tony and Julia's ceremony? I'm really not trying to bash the series but...wow this was bad. I know the focus is supposed to be on Iron Man and all but did they really have to make every female in the cartoon fall in love with him? As far as I know, Julia and Wanda never expressed feelings for Tony at all cause Wanda and Century had their little thing during Force Works (Which, by the costumes and the presence of Century, I'm guessing is when this cartoon was supposed to have taken place.) and, this may be in my own little world, but I always got the feeling that Julia and US Agent (Who was excluded from this cartoon.) had a little thing going on. Lastly, if they were going to make a cartoon about Iron Man, they probably shouldn't have focused on his time with Force Works as Wanda was the leader. (Sure Tony had this little thing about over-riding some of Wanda's decisions since he was the one to put her in that position of power but Wanda was runnin' the show.) There's one last thing that completely bugged me about this cartoon (Besides the fact that they made Wanda look like a guy and had her be completely annoying.), Wanda called Julia her "little cabbage-patch cutie face". Sure she was mad and they hate each other in this cartoon, but it was still weird.

Did anyone like this show? I sure hope someone can explain the fascination to me.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Re: Iron Man '94?

Postby Roon on Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:20 pm

First season sucked big time, second one was quite decent but I'm not a fan of 90s Marvel shows. Go DC! :D
<insert signature here>
Roon

Postby WandaMaximoff on Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:51 pm

I kinda like the DC cartoons, but only the good ones like Batman TAS and even some of the later Batman's were pretty good. I hated Justice League. It just never sat well with me for some reason.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:25 pm

WandaMaximoff wrote:I kinda like the DC cartoons, but only the good ones like Batman TAS and even some of the later Batman's were pretty good. I hated Justice League. It just never sat well with me for some reason.

if u dont like justice league then ur gonna hate the upcoming movie:P they're supposedly making a couple solo movies (like marvel is doing with the avengers movie), with a 2011 release of the green lantern and mabe a superman and batman sequals. y dont u like the league?
little monster for life <3
X-Man

Location: swimming somewhere with the mermaids, or running through the forest with indians.

Postby WandaMaximoff on Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:33 pm

I'm not a big DC fan. IMO the best thing that came out of DC was the Batman comics. I can't stand Superman or any of the other heros, I like the Flash, though for some reason. (I guess I have a thing for cocky speedsters.)

Besides, all this name switching confuses me. When one character dies or retires they don't retire the uniform or the name of the hero, oh no, they give some other kid the name and the uniform and I get confused because they all look the same. Like why do all the Flash's have to have red hair? Seriously this 'legacy' gets confusing.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:38 pm

that kinda annoys me tooo...like, the green lantern has like, a bunch of different names, and then like, wally west and barry allen r flash and.......just to confusing but i like it:P
X-Man

Location: swimming somewhere with the mermaids, or running through the forest with indians.

Postby Roon on Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:55 am

Like why do all the Flash's have to have red hair?

Hey, what do you have against redheads? :P

that kinda annoys me tooo...like, the green lantern has like, a bunch of different names, and then like, wally west and barry allen r flash and.......just to confusing but i like it:P

DC was around for 70 years now, that's why they have generations of heroes :D
<insert signature here>
Roon

Postby X-Man on Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:55 am

i like the other generations, but i dont:P
and im guessing u have red hair? :)
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:00 pm

I have nothing against red-heads, just saying that it makes it more confusing to figure out which Flash is which. They have this horrible habbit of calling each other by their "hero" name and wearing their uniform all the time so when they make all of the "legacy" characters look the same, it's hard to figure out which one is which, especially if they bring back an older character for a short period before they disappear again.

Marvel's been around a long time too but they don't reuse characters like that.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:04 pm

ya...i like the flash but there is so many of him.
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:27 pm

Exactly! I think my fav is Wally West, though. Gotta love those snarky speedsters. :wink:
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:10 pm

haha. i love how this topic is about iron man '94 and we r talking about DC characters:P
X-Man

Postby Roon on Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:17 am

We'll end up talking about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles :mrgreen:
<insert signature here>
Roon

Postby X-Man on Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:45 am

i never liked them. :)
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:47 am

I loved them, Mikey was always my fav. :mrgreen:
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:05 pm

did they have any super powers besides be able to talk?
X-Man

Postby Roon on Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:28 pm

They also knew ninjutsu :mrgreen:

WandaMaximoff wrote:I loved them, Mikey was always my fav. :mrgreen:

I grew up watching this show. Krang used to creep me out. Oh, and remember Bebop and Rocksteady? :lol:
<insert signature here>
Roon

Postby WandaMaximoff on Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:48 pm

Sorta, those were a little before my time, though. :lol: I remember the classics like Secret Squirrel and Tom and Jerry, though.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:22 pm

i never liked them. i found the story behind them weird. but, besides ninja skills, could they like, fly, or ...anything?:P
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:31 pm

Nope, they were just turtles who were awesome ninjas and had a master named Splinter. (Who was awesome and spouted off a lot of cool advice.) OH! They also lived in the sewers and ate pizza! :wink:
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:43 pm

haha. only pizza? and who is in ur picture? it looks like elvis:P
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:04 pm

Too young to be Elvis, he-he but I guess I can kinda see the resemblance. It's Glenn Quinn, the fine hunk o' Irish man who played Mark Healy (Becky's husband) on Roseanne and Doyle on Angel. He died in 2002 and my avi's kind of like a little tribute to him. :mrgreen:

I'm sure the Ninja Turtles ate other stuff too, but it was mostly pizza. :lol: Everytime the screen cut to the sewers they were either training, eating pizza, or watching TV with pizza trash surrounding them.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:39 am

oh. :p i never heard of angel. haha iv heard of angel the superhero!, but not the show.

wat is the backstory to the TMNT? at first i thought they were aliens, but then it would be teenage alien ninja turtles. so, how did they become...TMN? and, if the show is rele old, wouldnt they grow up? so it should be like, 20-something mutant ninja turtles! (da da da da da da da!)
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:38 am

Angel was the spin-off of Buffy.

They started out as regular turtles, pets. When their owner (a young kid) witnessed a car accident, they were with him, they were exposed to mutagen and they...well they mutated. Splinter the rat was also exposed to mutagen and he used to be the pet of a ninjutsu master. (That's where they got their fighting ability from, he taught them.) He adopted them and retreated with them to the sewers. Their names: Leonardo (Blue Bandanna), Donatello (Purple Bandanna), Raphael (Red Bandanna) and Michelangelo (Orange Bandanna), came from a Renaissance art book that was laying around in the sewers with a bunch of other garbage. (Thus they were named after: Leonardo da Vinchi; the sculptor known, to most, only as Donatello; Raphael Sanzio and the world famous painter of the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel Michelangelo.)

About their age, maybe the toxic waste stopped their aging? :?

And actually, they were a comic book series that was published by Mirage Studios (1984, I think) before it was a cartoon. (Though they have been published by other companies since then.) I think the only cartoon series I really watched of them, though, was the 1989 version. It ran for ten seasons so it went pretty far into my growing up time. I remember watching it with my older bro (who got me into comics and comic cartoons) on Saturday. (We even had a Michelangelo bean-bag chair.) However, the best theme song is the one for the 2003 series before they changed it to "Fast Forward". (I am a little ticked that they stopped using "cowabunga" in that series though.)

Oh and about their pizza, it's Pizza Hut. :wink: They've been sponsored by Pizza Hut for as long as I can remember.

And don't worry Roon, Krang creeped me out as well.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:35 pm

oh nice. wait, if that rat guy took them and trained them, wat happened to the kid who owned the turtles? and out of the 4 names, which name do u like the most? i like, donatello:P
X-Man

Next

Return to General Discussion