Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/eracer5/public_html/kataclysmforum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/eracer5/public_html/kataclysmforum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3729: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3731: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3732: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3733: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Kataclysm's X-Men Pages Forum • View topic - Generation-X

Generation-X

Discussion about topics other than X-Men: Evolution.

Generation-X

Postby WandaMaximoff on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:08 pm

Okay, I know that not that many people have probably seen this movie but this topic refers to the 1996 Generation-X TV-movie.

Am I the only one who thought Finola Hughes did an outstanding job as Emma Frost? I mean seriously, someone finally uploaded the entire movie on youtube and all the comments I see are about her being too old or how much the movie sucked. Truthfully, I agree that the movie kind of stunk. (But I still love it to death. This is what happens when you first see the movie when you're five. Sentimental value peeps, lol. It sucked then and it sucks now but I really like it for some reason.) But whether or not the movie stunk one thing is for certain, IMO, Finola Hughes was a great White Queen and I for the life of me don't see anything wrong with her performance. I, personally, felt that she did a lot better than the actress who was in the Wolverine movie. (From what I've seen of it, of course. I haven't seen the whole thing but from what I have, Mrs. Hughes blows her out of the water.) Sure the effects were bad and so was the ending costume and all that jazz but Mrs. Hughes is a great actress and she made a wonderful Emma.

Now that my little rant is finished, thoughts? Comments?
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Re: Generation-X

Postby X-Man on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:17 pm

ok. so iv seen a bit of the intro to it, and, yes it was made in 1996 where the effects were lame, but this was also kind of lame. i havent seen the whole thing, though, so i wont make any jumped opinions. however, from what i have scene, Mrs. Hughes was weird as emma. i saw a part where she went into this room where people were going to operate on a mutant, and then she like, makes everything in the room blow away and the surgeons r pushed back. i was confused by this, because emma doesnt have any wind or telekinetic powers (well, that aren't latent). the person who played her in origins only had a small role, and she didnt have telepathy; only the power to turn herself (including her clothing :? )into diamond. she was also silverfox's sister in the movie. she had somewhat of an attitute, but a very bad interprataion of emma. ill watch the gen x movie and ill come back and tell u more, but from what iv seen, i wont like it and you will have alot to read. :)
little monster for life <3
X-Man

Location: swimming somewhere with the mermaids, or running through the forest with indians.

Postby WandaMaximoff on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:22 pm

If you dismiss the display of power from Emma at the beginning, you can make a better judgement. That part was weird and I still don't understand it. Besides that, though, Mrs. Hughes, IMO, had the attitude and the whole playful relationship with Sean down pat. She also showed her affection for the students in an unusual way but you could still see that she cared. (Just like Emma did in the comics.) I really feel that Mrs. Hughes made a wonderful Emma Frost and I hope you feel the same after watching the entire movie. It's so bad it's wonderful and if you're anything like me, you'll enjoy it and bask in the awfulness of it all. :lol:
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:25 pm

haha. idk:P the whole wind and lightning power is throwing me off. and how many parts r in this movie? like, i looked up generation x 1996 movie and its like, part 1 part 2 part 3..then its like, part 9:P im thinking this is a very long thing so im gonna watch it tomorrow:P haha. but right now, im not liking it much:P
X-Man

Location: swimming somewhere with the mermaids, or running through the forest with indians.

Postby WandaMaximoff on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:27 pm

There's only nine parts to it, it's not that long.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:29 am

wow..ok, im gonna start watching it now...ill post back later wen iv got more to judge:P
(edit) OK! so iv finished watching it. right of the bat...very slow. they ended it to easily (i would ave loved to see some psychic fight with whatever-his-name-is and emma), banshee was weird and didnt fit as a leader, and ...ya. so, to ur original statement...emma frost/mrs. hughes: there was something off about her, and i dont know if it was acting or the way they wrote emma...she was also too sparkly. but there was still something off. it would have been a bit better to introduce the students and their powers more. like, have a small danger room thing, where mabe skin and jubs see the other powers and what they can do...the guy with sunglasses reminded me to much of scott, they should have made mondo actually take on the appearence of what he absorbes (he absorbes rocks, he looks like the thing; he absorbed metal he lookes like colossus), that black girl who said she ways perfect, is that M? if so, cant she fly, and she has super strength? i dont get wat was wrong with that blonde buff girl..they said she was disfigured, but wen she took of her shirt, she just looked muscular. and with skin, he has extra skin hanging off him that he can stretch and control, not just elasticity. it was an OK movie, but i rele think they should have wen more into detail about wat the students could do, as well as emma. including her diamond form would have been alot better. AND, they comepletely left it open for a sequal, but its been 13 years and nothing so...i dont like that. mabe they will make a better version...a more up to date one and actually have it in theatres, not made-for-tv.
umm, so...it was kinda lame, but a good attempt. :)
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:48 am

It was supposed to be the preview to a TV series way back when which is why it's open-ended like that. Arlee (The buff girl.) wasn't happy with the way she looked because women aren't supposed to look like that so technically, she was disfigured in her own way. (She also took the place of Husk since there wasn't enough money to do Husk's special effects.) The guy with the glasses (Kurt aka Refrax) was supposed to take the place of Chamber. (Same reason as Husk.) Yes, the perfect girl was 'M'. (And she states all of her powers in the beginning and I think she includes super strength in that.) It was low budget...very low budget so that's why the flying thing is out because Banshee could fly too. About Mondo...low budget, need I say more? Near the end of Gen-X Angelo could control his appearance more and made his skin fit on his body a little better. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/e/ee/Skin_006.jpg (Which is probably what they were going for because of that little low budget thing.) Emma's diamond form was a secondary mutation that was revealed after Gen-X was over which is why it wasn't put in the movie.

Banshee...eh, I can see where his characterization left a little something to be desired, but Jeremey Ratchford did a good job of making Banshee fit well with Emma and her personality. Finola Hughes, I think, did a great job of capturing Emma and I didn't sense anything off about her.

Overall, bad movie but it had some good points and some of the actors did a good job of capturing their characters.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:38 pm

that makes sense about Arlee and her looks. they budget was obv low so they didnt put husk or chamber. but it would be better. i read arlee and refrax where made for the show. your right about banshee... it was an ok movie, but they should have made a sequal. or, they should redo it. idk.
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:06 pm

Well, like I said, it was supposed to be the introduction to a TV series but that idea got scrapped. Also, the version that you saw wasn't aired in the US and most likely Canada as well, it was the European version. The US version cut out a lot of the scenes and ugly talk. Now if only I could find a place to buy this little gem on DVD, my life would be complete. :lol:
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:36 pm

haha. the one i watched had swearing:P part 6 if your wondering and didnt know:P but, you'd have to look hard to find it (thats what she said).
http://www.antimattermultiverse.com/pro ... -movie-dvd
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:46 pm

YOU'RE AMAZING! I've been looking everywhere to find this movie! Thanks so much. :mrgreen:
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:43 pm

:D i just looked on google hahaha. hope u can get it:P
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:49 pm

I hope so too. This movie is so awesomly bad it's not even funny...I love it! :lol:
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:50 pm

hahaha very true. as bad as pryde of the x-men?:P
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:51 pm

Not quite, I'm afraid. (Of course that could be my comic bias kickin' in.)
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:53 pm

haha...who was better, hughes or the voice of frost there?:P :lol: (i no the answer:P) :D
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:56 pm

Uh-yah. I hope you do. Hughes, in my opinion, is one of the best Emma Frost's out there and you know how I feel about putting actors with characters. Most of the time, it just doesn't work out. Plus Gen-X made Banshee/Emma a little more canon, though I don't know how much more canon you can get than Emma flashing Sean (and in the comic might I add):

http://www.marvelcomics.pl/stuff/summaries/generation_x/generation_x_7@1.jpg

That was pretty "in-your-face." :mrgreen:
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:01 pm

haha nice!:P
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:09 pm

Yeah, I thought it was awesome. (Especially since they were forced to share a room at the time.) :lol: Emma and Sean should have happened before he died. Screw Scott Summers and screw Moira MacTaggert! (I never liked either of those characters anyway.) Scott needs to be with no one and Moira, well Moira just gets on my nerves, even when she was dying of the Legacy Virus. She totally hogged Sean and Emma was uber jealous.

http://www.marvelcomics.pl/stuff/summaries/generation_x/generation_x_34@1.jpg

Well maybe not uber but in my mind she was totally about to go all "Sean's mine bitch!" on MacTaggert.

Luv your new Colossus avi, btw. (Movie Colossus was actually pretty hot.) :wink:
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:12 pm

i kinda like sean and emma. well the gen-x movie pairing. like u said, he seemed to be made for her..character:P isnt moira with xavier or something? haha. so many attempts at love....
and thanks..i love colossus, but i wish he had more than 4 words in x3 :x
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:16 pm

He talked for like a second in the second one too. :oops: Thus is the way of movies.

I do so love Emma and Sean together. They were always bickering with each other and making training extremely violent but then they would begin to flirt and it would be so cute and they treated the Gen-X kids like they were their kids. *sigh* If dreams came true, Sean, Angelo and Ev would be alive, Jono would be like he was before Weapon-X, Jubes would still have her powers, Gen-X would still be a big happy family and the pairing of Scott and Emma would have NEVER EVER existed. (With Artie and Leech AND Penny.) :wink:
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:19 pm

:x poor poor russian boy :cry:
emma and sean are pretty cool, and gen-x is pretty cool. i like all the different teams: gen-x, exiles, new mutants ect :) but, as we know marvel sucks at relationships so..the semma boat isnt gonna sail that long (haha is that a pun?:P)
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:27 pm

I hope not. Scott and Emma make me sick...literally. Cassandra Nova was right.

“Honestly, since for once you can’t actually interrupt, I have to ask: …Summers? Really? I know you wanted to cement your standing in the group, but if that geek was sharing my bed, I think I’d try not to wake up.” :lol:
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:28 pm

haha. wat geek? emma? she isnt a geek:P
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:30 pm

Cassandra was talking about Scott. :lol:
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Next

Return to General Discussion