Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/eracer5/public_html/kataclysmforum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/eracer5/public_html/kataclysmforum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/eracer5/public_html/kataclysmforum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/eracer5/public_html/kataclysmforum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3729: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3731: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3732: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3733: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Kataclysm's X-Men Pages Forum • View topic - Who did you absolutely hate in Evo?

Who did you absolutely hate in Evo?

Talk about episodes and characters from X-Men: Evolution.

Re: Who did you absolutely hate in Evo?

Postby Rogue Recruit on Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:30 pm

i dont hate any characters, but there are characters that i wodnt mind omitted from the show. like guy spears, or amanda sefton, lol, but they're not mutants.
Rogue Recruit

Postby EvoPryde on Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:23 pm

Vindellavon wrote:
X-Man wrote:lmao.....i dont remember evo that much actually. its been a while since i watched it... but, at the last scene, wen charles goes into apocolypes mind, he sees magneto helping the new mutants...

WORST LIGHTSWITCH EVER. First, he tries to kill baldie, and next, he's helping baldie. BAD WRITING.

Actually, that is very accurate to Magneto's character. He helps his enemies when it benefits him or his cause, and in those particular instances it did both. That's one thing I like about Magneto, he never plays to any side but his own.

Mini Wolfsbane wrote:Magneto
Eh, could take him or leave him. He's
actually a good character I've just always thought his power
is rather lame. (Okay, outside of that cool scene in X2 where he removes
the iron from the gaurds body) Control over metal? Pfft! 'Look at me, I can't
move things with my mind or make mental projections but I can bend a spoon!'
See? Lame power. Or at least lame-ish, considering he could do something like
suffocate you after putting you in a metal sphere or something. Or make your
blood run backwards. *shudders*

This is a common misconception about Magneto. He does more than control metal, if you take a ponder at magnetism, you will see he can absorb and manipulate energies, toss lightning bolts, see infrared and even shift the earth. He can shut off all electronics, distort the planet's gravitational pull to exploit gravity to his own means, and then there's his ability to give people seizures with his powers.

Magneto is ridiculously powerful.

WandaMaximoff wrote:Storm. No real reason for this one, besides the fact that she hardly did anything in this series and the fact that I didn't like her too much in the comics either.

I agree, partially.

Storm is probably one of my favorite characters, when she isn't being used for some cheap plot gimmick (*coughcoughBlackPanthercoughcough*). In Evolution she was underused, did not do much, and her voice (even more so now that I've watched some episodes recently) is not befitting for her character. This was a shame, but I have the 90s series to watch if I need to see an awesome version of Storm.

Now, who do I absolutely hate? Well, only one person I've never liked in any version:

Jean Grey.

Everyone else, I can tolerate or come to accept. Not her.
K a t h e r i n e "K i t t y" P r y d e; S h a d o w c a t
EvoPryde

Postby X-Man on Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:43 am

a lot of people seemed to hate jean...whether it be they dont like her attitute, her im-perfect quality, or they just dont like her. she was kind od controllling, and definitly needed to loosen up, but i dont think she was that bad.
little monster for life <3
X-Man

Location: swimming somewhere with the mermaids, or running through the forest with indians.

Postby Deus Ex Machina on Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:51 pm

Vindellavon wrote:Worst portrayal of him, ever. It's Ultimate Magneto all over again, genocidegenocidegenocidegenocide.

Nothing that reverts back to his friendship with Charles. Hated him to the max.

QFT. I really wanted his backstory fleshed out a bit more as to why he hated/had all these plans for humanity (like Movie! Magneto. I liked him.)
Jean...We just need to get rid of her author's little darling/MARYSUE syndrome and I wouldn't dislike her as much.

And Mystique. Dear God, I hated her in this series, becuase she had WAY to much anger and was a control freak. Isn't she supposed to portrayed as a very sly and cunning woman?
Deus Ex Machina

Postby Anime Warcry on Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:59 pm

Jean Grey. It was mentioned, but she did seem to have a superior attitude, and it seemed that she was playing with Scott and Duncan. Jean's powers rarely gave her any problem, she was pretty, a member of the track team, MVP of the soccer team, and wasn't she also a cheerleader? Admittedly, the trophy confiscation was harsh, though. I 'm not saying she shouldn't have appeared on the show, but I wish the writers would've tried to make her character a bit more human.
There are three types of people in the world: those who see, those who see what is shown to them, and those who do not see.
Anime Warcry

Postby Anime Warcry on Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:33 pm

Deus Ex Machina wrote:And Mystique. Dear God, I hated her in this series, becuase she had WAY to much anger and was a control freak. Isn't she supposed to portrayed as a very sly and cunning woman?

Mystique WAS really obvious in Evo. Wasn't she supposed to be just a tad more subtle? Not to mention Mystique's actions toward Rogue . . .it was like sometimes Mystique attempted to be kind to her, and at other times, couldn't care less. In Rogue Recruit, Mystique showed herself to be devious with her plan to manipulate Rogue into joining the Brotherhood, but she did a rather sloppy job, IMHO. Mystique saw that Rogue had doubts about her allegiance with the Brotherhood (Mutant Crush), but it was as if now that Rogue had joined the Brotherhood, Mystique was unconcerned about the whole thing. (Until Turn of the Rogue, that is.) I haven't read any of the comics with Mystique, but in the movies (I know that the two are very different) it would've been true to her character to form some sort of plan to put the icing on the cake, like morphing into one of the X-Men and confronting/threatening Rogue at the end of Middleverse. You know, to absolutely assure Rogue's loyalty to her.

And I actually enjoyed goth Rogue. It was interesting to see how she reacted to situations (and how other characters reacted to her) vs. how valley girl Kitty acted vs. goody-goody Jean.
There are three types of people in the world: those who see, those who see what is shown to them, and those who do not see.
Anime Warcry

Postby Deus Ex Machina on Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:47 pm

Anime Warcry wrote:
Deus Ex Machina wrote:And Mystique. Dear God, I hated her in this series, becuase she had WAY to much anger and was a control freak. Isn't she supposed to portrayed as a very sly and cunning woman?

Mystique WAS really obvious in Evo. Wasn't she supposed to be just a tad more subtle? Not to mention Mystique's actions toward Rogue . . .it was like sometimes Mystique attempted to be kind to her, and at other times, couldn't care less. In Rogue Recruit, Mystique showed herself to be devious with her plan to manipulate Rogue into joining the Brotherhood, but she did a rather sloppy job, IMHO. Mystique saw that Rogue had doubts about her allegiance with the Brotherhood (Mutant Crush), but it was as if now that Rogue had joined the Brotherhood, Mystique was unconcerned about the whole thing. (Until Turn of the Rogue, that is.) I haven't read any of the comics with Mystique, but in the movies (I know that the two are very different) it would've been true to her character to form some sort of plan to put the icing on the cake, like morphing into one of the X-Men and confronting/threatening Rogue at the end of Middleverse. You know, to absolutely assure Rogue's loyalty to her.

And I actually enjoyed goth Rogue. It was interesting to see how she reacted to situations (and how other characters reacted to her) vs. how valley girl Kitty acted vs. goody-goody Jean.

You would think that she would do that. The only thing that she did partially right was in season 2 when she posed as the professor, even though Jean could've found her out, y'know-with TELEPATHY-but Jean's too much of a goody-goody to invade someone's mind like that. (She doesn't duplicate powers, just appearances, right?) Goth Rouge was awesome. I thought her crush on Scott was cute :3.
Deus Ex Machina

Postby X-Man on Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:28 am

no, mystique cant duplicate powers. and wolverine also said that he should have been able to sniff out mystique's sent wen she was posing as the professor. and jean should have became suspiscious wen she made jean use cerebro with "the professor" standing right beside her.
X-Man

Location: swimming somewhere with the mermaids, or running through the forest with indians.

Postby Roon on Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:48 am

Deus Ex Machina wrote:The only thing that she did partially right was in season 2 when she posed as the professor, even though Jean could've found her out, y'know-with TELEPATHY-but Jean's too much of a goody-goody to invade someone's mind like that.

I remember Mystique was able to shield her mind after her powers were exponentially increased due to an accident on Magneto's part (last episode of Season 1). That's why no telepath could detect her. This is also why Mesmero couldn't mentally control her in Season 3 :P

And, seriously, am I the only one who doesn't hate Jean and thinks she was a cool character? I mean, what's up with all the hatred towards here, people?
<insert signature here>
Roon

Postby X-Man on Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:04 pm

i didnt hate jean much:P yes she kinda got annoying at sometimes but i dont think she was that bad of a character:P everyone, stop playa hatin! :)
X-Man

Postby Rogue88 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:24 pm

I'd say jean
Rogue88

Postby Deus Ex Machina on Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:52 pm

Roon wrote:
Deus Ex Machina wrote:The only thing that she did partially right was in season 2 when she posed as the professor, even though Jean could've found her out, y'know-with TELEPATHY-but Jean's too much of a goody-goody to invade someone's mind like that.

I remember Mystique was able to shield her mind after her powers were exponentially increased due to an accident on Magneto's part (last episode of Season 1). That's why no telepath could detect her. This is also why Mesmero couldn't mentally control her in Season 3 :P

And, seriously, am I the only one who doesn't hate Jean and thinks she was a cool character? I mean, what's up with all the hatred towards here, people?

Oh-I see. That still doesn't explain how everyone's appearances suddenly went back to normal, though (That kept throwing me off, because Scott, Alex, and Sabertooth's powers all went back to normal, I think.)
Also, I don't hate Jean, persay-I'm just saying that she needs a little more dimension to her, like showing her fail at something or lose control of her powers for more than one episode-and she gets EVERYTHING. A accepting and loving (and alive) family, boys drooling over her, not to mention that she gets the phoenix power (season 4 future glimpse.)
I guess it's just her lack of flaws that annoys me/ or the lack of giving her flaws. (The Phoenix Power too, but that was a writer error)
Deus Ex Machina

Postby Anime Warcry on Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:28 am

Roon wrote:And, seriously, am I the only one who doesn't hate Jean and thinks she was a cool character? I mean, what's up with all the hatred towards here, people?

I don't hate Jean, I just find her the hardest character to relate to. She had so much going for her, as I mentioned in a previous post on this thread, but she seemed to have so little personality.
Anime Warcry

Previous

Return to X-Men: Evolution Discussion