Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/eracer5/public_html/kataclysmforum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/eracer5/public_html/kataclysmforum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/eracer5/public_html/kataclysmforum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/eracer5/public_html/kataclysmforum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3729: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3731: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3732: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3733: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Kataclysm's X-Men Pages Forum • View topic - Episode 6: X-Calibre Dicussion Spoilers

Episode 6: X-Calibre Dicussion Spoilers

Talk about episodes and characters from Wolverine and the X-Men.

Re: Episode 6: X-Calibre Dicussion Spoilers

Postby X-Man on Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:56 pm

Vindellavon wrote:
X-Man wrote:
I want Lorna to conquer, and really want something original done with her.

like what?

I don't want her conquering the world, but I do want her to be head of the family. I always thought that if they'd given Lorna a fair, and amicale chance, she could've done more than just run around insane. She needs a fair chance.[/quote]

lol...well, its now her and wanda in charge of genosha, so mabe something good will happen with them.
little monster for life <3
X-Man

Location: swimming somewhere with the mermaids, or running through the forest with indians.

Postby Vindellavon on Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:32 pm

X-Man wrote:
Vindellavon wrote:
X-Man wrote:
I want Lorna to conquer, and really want something original done with her.

like what?

I don't want her conquering the world, but I do want her to be head of the family. I always thought that if they'd given Lorna a fair, and amicale chance, she could've done more than just run around insane. She needs a fair chance.

lol...well, its now her and wanda in charge of genosha, so mabe something good will happen with them.[/quote]

In charge of Genosha goes more towards Wanda's field. She's the new queen, I'll leave her to that. However, in technical canon, Lorna was the firstever X-Women, so I'd like to see her conquer Jean's role. Kitty can't be head, I'm leaving her out for Excalibur, she rules that part of canon. Jean will be side-tracked by Sinister, Scott, and Logan. Storm is most likely be side-trcked with Angel, so that leaves Rogue and Tildie Soames of all people up for grabs. Rogue's already had loyalty issues, and her touchy feely problems are too much to handle, so she probably would have quite the problem handling X-Men. Tildie's a kid, she's not ruling anythign.

But Lorna will grow, I have no doubt in my mind she'll grow into her duties as co-Queen and Genosha,and can ventually take over as the female lead of the X-Men.
Mordred
P.I.M.P from the beginning.
Vindellavon

Postby X-Man on Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:59 am

Vindellavon wrote:
In charge of Genosha goes more towards Wanda's field. She's the new queen, I'll leave her to that. However, in technical canon, Lorna was the firstever X-Women, so I'd like to see her conquer Jean's role. Kitty can't be head, I'm leaving her out for Excalibur, she rules that part of canon. Jean will be side-tracked by Sinister, Scott, and Logan. Storm is most likely be side-trcked with Angel, so that leaves Rogue and Tildie Soames of all people up for grabs. Rogue's already had loyalty issues, and her touchy feely problems are too much to handle, so she probably would have quite the problem handling X-Men. Tildie's a kid, she's not ruling anythign.

But Lorna will grow, I have no doubt in my mind she'll grow into her duties as co-Queen and Genosha,and can ventually take over as the female lead of the X-Men.

so ur saying u want lorna to join the x-men? i dont no if i can see that happening. i think she will stick with wanda....and jean is back, so she will be the girl lead, but emma might come back, and then she would be focused on. they wont make rogue or tildie lead, but with kitty, they might use her as they did in s1, as sort of a witty, mature, ...gir. its hard to say how the proudcers r going with s2, cuz they wont say anything. on wikipedia it says something about sinister with his maruarder and emma frost coming back by the phoenix.
X-Man

Location: swimming somewhere with the mermaids, or running through the forest with indians.

Postby Vindellavon on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:28 pm

X-Man wrote:
so ur saying u want lorna to join the x-men? i dont no if i can see that happening. i think she will stick with wanda....and jean is back, so she will be the girl lead, but emma might come back, and then she would be focused on. they wont make rogue or tildie lead, but with kitty, they might use her as they did in s1, as sort of a witty, mature, ...gir. its hard to say how the proudcers r going with s2, cuz they wont say anything. on wikipedia it says something about sinister with his maruarder and emma frost coming back by the phoenix.

Emma coming back on behalf of the Phoenix is probable, but I highly doubt she'll take up as co-lead of the X-Men. Hellfire Club? Yeah, just because she gave up her life for the rest of the world doesn't exactly insure her a top spot in the league. There might be some issues with that. Jean by no means can become X-Queen. First of all, the tension between Scott/Jean/Logan still remains, so any chance of Jean taking over will become a head on battle between the men. Kitty's witty, but like I said before, he turf is Excalibur, which was clearly foreshadowed in the episode X-Calibre. So yes, I still want Lorna to join the X-Men, she would make a great asset. We saw what Xavier saw in Foresight pt. 3. He saw Magneto's brain damaged drama daughter go from failure to queen b*tch in less then thirty days. Was she not the one who succesffuly pulled a real fight against Master Mold? Yes, she was. I have a feeling Prof. X is going to want the X-Men to recruit Lorna personally, so she can hone her skills properly and have a real chance at being an official hero.
Mordred
Vindellavon

Postby X-Man on Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:38 pm

Vindellavon wrote:
X-Man wrote:

Emma coming back on behalf of the Phoenix is probable, but I highly doubt she'll take up as co-lead of the X-Men. Hellfire Club? Yeah, just because she gave up her life for the rest of the world doesn't exactly insure her a top spot in the league. There might be some issues with that. Jean by no means can become X-Queen. First of all, the tension between Scott/Jean/Logan still remains, so any chance of Jean taking over will become a head on battle between the men. Kitty's witty, but like I said before, he turf is Excalibur, which was clearly foreshadowed in the episode X-Calibre. So yes, I still want Lorna to join the X-Men, she would make a great asset. We saw what Xavier saw in Foresight pt. 3. He saw Magneto's brain damaged drama daughter go from failure to queen b*tch in less then thirty days. Was she not the one who succesffuly pulled a real fight against Master Mold? Yes, she was. I have a feeling Prof. X is going to want the X-Men to recruit Lorna personally, so she can hone her skills properly and have a real chance at being an official hero.

if emma comes back, itll bring tension with her scott and jean. plus the added tension with jean/logan/scott would be big too, so....im wondering if s2 will be more about emma/logan/scott/jean and less on the others and AoA in general. with emmas sacrific at the end, i kinda dont see her 'going bad' with the hellfire club, cuz rnt thhey focuses on captruing the pheonix? they already did that for s1 and itll be a waste to do it for s2. with the focus all on the main 3 (possibly 4), i dont see them going into great detail about the lives (and futuere plans) for the other x-men (kitty, kurt, bobby, storm ect.) yes, lorna did take on master mold, but didnt it not work? didnt it only slow her down, but then the future changed b4 she...it..could be destroyed? i agree that the prof might want to do something with lorna cuz she is very fragile, but...idk. shes only a teen and its the present x-men that would have to deal with her and not x. im so excitied for s2, i rele cant wait till it comes out!!!!! man!
X-Man

Postby Vindellavon on Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:05 pm

X-Man wrote:
if emma comes back, itll bring tension with her scott and jean. plus the added tension with jean/logan/scott would be big too, so....im wondering if s2 will be more about emma/logan/scott/jean and less on the others and AoA in general. with emmas sacrific at the end, i kinda dont see her 'going bad' with the hellfire club, cuz rnt thhey focuses on captruing the pheonix? they already did that for s1 and itll be a waste to do it for s2.

with the focus all on the main 3 (possibly 4), i dont see them going into great detail about the lives (and futuere plans) for the other x-men (kitty, kurt, bobby, storm ect.) yes, lorna did take on master mold, but didnt it not work? didnt it only slow her down, but then the future changed b4 she...it..could be destroyed? i agree that the prof might want to do something with lorna cuz she is very fragile, but...idk. shes only a teen and its the present x-men that would have to deal with her and not x. im so excitied for s2, i rele cant wait till it comes out!!!!! man!

I am vehemently praying to whomever's up there that they not spend more than two episodes on the jean/logan/scott/emma/phoenix saga. I have nothing against these characters, in fact, I practically wave the J'DORE LOGAN flag in the middle of my workspace. But the point is, like you already said, Phoenix capture point is done and over. Bringing Emma back could be a further detailed invasion in Emma becoming a 'valued' member of the team, instead of having a full fledged square. The love square card was already played, it can't be played again. Done and over.

I want AoA to be exactly what it promises to be, the Age of bloody Apocalypse. With that said, I want blood. Now we've all witnessed the amount of violence, cleavage, and adult concepts this show possesses; so a season full of action, drama, blood, and less crack ships is something I'm rooting for. Plus, we've got three different kinds of canon rolling around on the show, we just finished off Days of Future Past, Exiles canon is seriously making itself present with Kurt/Wanda, AoA was fully present by the end of Foresight pt.3, and hullo ladies and gentlemen, Messiah Complex much? Bishop and Domino are already there, how long till Cable and Deadpool show up with guns and katana blades? Yup, three types of canon are rolling around, and I think I need another glass of rum if I'm going to make it to season two.

As for Lorna, I have faith in the green haired witch. Remember children, she's a child sired by Magneto, she's been deemed armed and dangerous the second she popped out of her momma's in between. I trust us all never to underestimate the girl, I hope she gives Rogue a run for her money and claims Gambit as her own. Plus, I'm hoping she stumps Logan like Kitty so kindly does, and possibly strikes a friendship with other X-Men. Holy hell, I cannot wait till series two. :o
Mordred
Vindellavon

Postby X-Man on Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:10 am

Vindellavon wrote:
X-Man wrote:
if emma comes back, itll bring tension with her scott and jean. plus the added tension with jean/logan/scott would be big too, so....im wondering if s2 will be more about emma/logan/scott/jean and less on the others and AoA in general. with emmas sacrific at the end, i kinda dont see her 'going bad' with the hellfire club, cuz rnt thhey focuses on captruing the pheonix? they already did that for s1 and itll be a waste to do it for s2.

with the focus all on the main 3 (possibly 4), i dont see them going into great detail about the lives (and futuere plans) for the other x-men (kitty, kurt, bobby, storm ect.) yes, lorna did take on master mold, but didnt it not work? didnt it only slow her down, but then the future changed b4 she...it..could be destroyed? i agree that the prof might want to do something with lorna cuz she is very fragile, but...idk. shes only a teen and its the present x-men that would have to deal with her and not x. im so excitied for s2, i rele cant wait till it comes out!!!!! man!

I am vehemently praying to whomever's up there that they not spend more than two episodes on the jean/logan/scott/emma/phoenix saga. I have nothing against these characters, in fact, I practically wave the J'DORE LOGAN flag in the middle of my workspace. But the point is, like you already said, Phoenix capture point is done and over. Bringing Emma back could be a further detailed invasion in Emma becoming a 'valued' member of the team, instead of having a full fledged square. The love square card was already played, it can't be played again. Done and over.

I want AoA to be exactly what it promises to be, the Age of bloody Apocalypse. With that said, I want blood. Now we've all witnessed the amount of violence, cleavage, and adult concepts this show possesses; so a season full of action, drama, blood, and less crack ships is something I'm rooting for. Plus, we've got three different kinds of canon rolling around on the show, we just finished off Days of Future Past, Exiles canon is seriously making itself present with Kurt/Wanda, AoA was fully present by the end of Foresight pt.3, and hullo ladies and gentlemen, Messiah Complex much? Bishop and Domino are already there, how long till Cable and Deadpool show up with guns and katana blades? Yup, three types of canon are rolling around, and I think I need another glass of rum if I'm going to make it to season two.

As for Lorna, I have faith in the green haired witch. Remember children, she's a child sired by Magneto, she's been deemed armed and dangerous the second she popped out of her momma's in between. I trust us all never to underestimate the girl, I hope she gives Rogue a run for her money and claims Gambit as her own. Plus, I'm hoping she stumps Logan like Kitty so kindly does, and possibly strikes a friendship with other X-Men. Holy hell, I cannot wait till series two. :o

one thing im wondering is did jean have all her memories back at the end of foresight3? cuz if not, they the first couple episodes might be the team trying to get her memories back, which (obv besides logan) makes her a major lead.

s1 was great, but in the UK, they didnt air episode 17 becuase of the violent content. AoA is sure to be great, but again, they need to FOCUS ON AOA!!!!!!! if they have 1 episode all about logan and jean and scott, and then JUMP to a fight with apocolypse, and then JUMP back to a logan jean and scott monent, then its gonna be confusing and boring.

actually, now that i think about it, i do think lorna does have great potential. there wasnt a love connection with remy and rogue...so, he is all lorna's. but, remember that remy did betray her and leave her on genosha and he did try to steal her fathers helmet, so, i see a confrontation happeing with them mabe. but, she did fall in love with him easily, so she might fall for him again. but then big sis can come to the rescue cuz i dont think she liked him :) an episode just for u: wanda going crazy on remy for hurting lorna.
(ps, y did senetor kelly get remy to steal magneto's helmet? i dont get it. its not like the helmet is the source of his power....can u enlighten me on my...issue?:P)
X-Man

Postby Vindellavon on Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:48 pm

X-Man wrote: s1 was great, but in the UK, they didnt air episode 17 becuase of the violent content. AoA is sure to be great, but again, they need to FOCUS ON AOA!!!!!!!

if they have 1 episode all about logan and jean and scott, and then JUMP to a fight with apocolypse, and then JUMP back to a logan jean and scott monent, then its gonna be confusing and boring.

actually, now that i think about it, i do think lorna does have great potential. there wasnt a love connection with remy and rogue...so, he is all lorna's. but, remember that remy did betray her and leave her on genosha and he did try to steal her fathers helmet, so, i see a confrontation happeing with them mabe. but, she did fall in love with him easily, so she might fall for him again. but then big sis can come to the rescue cuz i dont think she liked him :) an episode just for u: wanda going crazy on remy for hurting lorna.

(ps, y did senetor kelly get remy to steal magneto's helmet? i dont get it. its not like the helmet is the source of his power....can u enlighten me on my...issue?:P)

They didn't air the Silver Samurai episode in UK? :o Bloody bastards, that was one epicode you would've loved, cher. France got all the episodes.

I really would like a confrontation between Remy/Lorna/Wanda/Kurt. It would be the ultimate square from hell, with two crazy sisters, an elf, and a thief. The drama that would produce. :lol: Bit in all honesty, you're right, Lorna's a naive little girl, but she has potential. And Remy was the first man she was intimately involved with, even if it was one-sided. I would really hope they not spit on the poor girl's face and leave her to be dealt with some other random guy, when they could easily further the unholy couople to much higher positions. I honestly saw love in Lorna's eyes for Remy, and don't tell me you didn't see an ounce of regret in Remy's eyes when he left her? So yeah, Polaris/Gambt FTW!

Ah, now the Sen. Kelly issue. So its pretty simple, Kelly wanted war, and in order to wage it, he needed something held value for the opposing enemy. Note the main word, 'value.' Certain power comes from possessions that prevent and aquire for us, not hold us back. In Magneto's case, it was his home Genosha, his daughters, mind you he doesn't give a bloody hoot about Pietro, and his helmet. That is all that mattered to Magneto, and these things brought the real power in him to fruition. Magneto loves his daughters, he loves Lorna, she's his little princess, he adores Wanda, that's the heir to the throne. Genosha is is home, the place he fights for, he will protect it. And finally, the helmet. The helmet symbolizes all in all, the crown. Wanda has her crimson headgear, Lorna has her green crown, Magneto has his helmet. That is the crown, that's the very material possession that basically dignifies him the king of Genosha.

This is why Gambit was hired. He wanted the world to see just how weak Magneto was, because once a king has his helmet stolen, an ushering of weakness follows. Kelly wanted the world to mock Mganeto, piss him off, and have him retaliate so he'd have a reason to unleash the Sentinels.
Mordred
Vindellavon

Postby X-Man on Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:57 pm

Vindellavon wrote:
X-Man wrote: s1 was great, but in the UK, they didnt air episode 17 becuase of the violent content. AoA is sure to be great, but again, they need to FOCUS ON AOA!!!!!!!

if they have 1 episode all about logan and jean and scott, and then JUMP to a fight with apocolypse, and then JUMP back to a logan jean and scott monent, then its gonna be confusing and boring.

They didn't air the Silver Samurai episode in UK? :o Bloody bastards, that was one epicode you would've loved, cher. France got all the episodes.

I really would like a confrontation between Remy/Lorna/Wanda/Kurt. It would be the ultimate square from hell, with two crazy sisters, an elf, and a thief. The drama that would produce. :lol: Bit in all honesty, you're right, Lorna's a naive little girl, but she has potential. And Remy was the first man she was intimately involved with, even if it was one-sided. I would really hope they not spit on the poor girl's face and leave her to be dealt with some other random guy, when they could easily further the unholy couople to much higher positions. I honestly saw love in Lorna's eyes for Remy, and don't tell me you didn't see an ounce of regret in Remy's eyes when he left her? So yeah, Polaris/Gambt FTW!

Ah, now the Sen. Kelly issue. So its pretty simple, Kelly wanted war, and in order to wage it, he needed something held value for the opposing enemy. Note the main word, 'value.' Certain power comes from possessions that prevent and aquire for us, not hold us back. In Magneto's case, it was his home Genosha, his daughters, mind you he doesn't give a bloody hoot about Pietro, and his helmet. That is all that mattered to Magneto, and these things brought the real power in him to fruition. Magneto loves his daughters, he loves Lorna, she's his little princess, he adores Wanda, that's the heir to the throne. Genosha is is home, the place he fights for, he will protect it. And finally, the helmet. The helmet symbolizes all in all, the crown. Wanda has her crimson headgear, Lorna has her green crown, Magneto has his helmet. That is the crown, that's the very material possession that basically dignifies him the king of Genosha.

This is why Gambit was hired. He wanted the world to see just how weak Magneto was, because once a king has his helmet stolen, an ushering of weakness follows. Kelly wanted the world to mock Mganeto, piss him off, and have him retaliate so he'd have a reason to unleash the Sentinels.

ya, they didnt air it, but im not in UK, im in Canada (happy canada day!) so i saw the episode. thats wat wikipedia said about it. and they remove violent content in episodes too, but that episode had to much violence so they didnt air it at all.

mabe a rekindling relationship between lorna and remy would be good, but im still on the fence about it. i would like so see kurt and wanda go somwhere. cuz a member of the x-men having someone close to a powerful place as genosha might be good to help defeat apocolypse.

the stealing helmet from magneto thing does make sense now, but make lorna mad and ull see wat happens!
X-Man

Postby Vindellavon on Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:02 pm

X-Man wrote:
ya, they didnt air it, but im not in UK, im in Canada (happy canada day!) so i saw the episode. thats wat wikipedia said about it. and they remove violent content in episodes too, but that episode had to much violence so they didnt air it at all.

mabe a rekindling relationship between lorna and remy would be good, but im still on the fence about it. i would like so see kurt and wanda go somwhere. cuz a member of the x-men having someone close to a powerful place as genosha might be good to help defeat apocolypse.

the stealing helmet from magneto thing does make sense now, but make lorna mad and ull see wat happens!

Yay for Canada! I went to Montreal for a week! :D Pretty place.

As for Wanda/Kurt, I would love to see more of them. You know, they were probably the only constant relationship on the show? It started out subtle, and but turned into something so much more. Heck, een Polaris mentioned it, Wanda's in love with the Elf, so I cannot wait to see the development in that. Now with Sinister and Apocalypse on the rise, I have no doubt in my mind they will be working together.

As for Remy and Lorna, I can see Lorna joining the X-Men the same time Remy does. When that happens, sparks fly, Wanda threatens Remy, but all in all, the witch and the thief still end up together. It won't be easy, both Polaris and Gambit play good roles in AoA, but I still see a budding relationship in the process. VIVA LA CRACKSHIPS!
Mordred
Vindellavon

Postby X-Man on Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:05 pm

Vindellavon wrote:
X-Man wrote:

Yay for Canada! I went to Montreal for a week! :D Pretty place.

As for Wanda/Kurt, I would love to see more of them. You know, they were probably the only constant relationship on the show? It started out subtle, and but turned into something so much more. Heck, een Polaris mentioned it, Wanda's in love with the Elf, so I cannot wait to see the development in that. Now with Sinister and Apocalypse on the rise, I have no doubt in my mind they will be working together.

As for Remy and Lorna, I can see Lorna joining the X-Men the same time Remy does. When that happens, sparks fly, Wanda threatens Remy, but all in all, the witch and the thief still end up together. It won't be easy, both Polaris and Gambit play good roles in AoA, but I still see a budding relationship in the process. VIVA LA CRACKSHIPS!

i would never say remy joins the x-men here. i highly doubt they will let him in. he's too...looking for wats best for him, and hes not that trustworthy. i do like him, but i dont see him joining the x-men. lorna yes, mabe, but with wanda in charge of genosha, it would be a good place so she might not leave it. and canada is pretty cool! haha i was born in montreal, so,,,ya..i no of it :lol:
X-Man

Postby Vindellavon on Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:09 pm

X-Man wrote:
i would never say remy joins the x-men here. i highly doubt they will let him in. he's too...looking for wats best for him, and hes not that trustworthy. i do like him, but i dont see him joining the x-men. lorna yes, mabe, but with wanda in charge of genosha, it would be a good place so she might not leave it. and canada is pretty cool! haha i was born in montreal, so,,,ya..i no of it :lol:

You're right about that, Logan wouldn't trust Remy for anything. So maybe we'll see the Guild, and maybe something between Sinister and Gambit.

And holy crap, you're from Montreal? Heh, that's cute. I'm a blood born Australian. :)
Mordred
Vindellavon

Postby X-Man on Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:15 pm

Vindellavon wrote:
X-Man wrote:

You're right about that, Logan wouldn't trust Remy for anything. So maybe we'll see the Guild, and maybe something between Sinister and Gambit.

And holy crap, you're from Montreal? Heh, that's cute. I'm a blood born Australian. :)

we saw a bit of the guild, but more would be good.

wow, aussie in france, nice!
X-Man

Postby Vindellavon on Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:32 pm

X-Man wrote:

If they can pull off the guild with AoA, then I'm OK.

I married a french guy, didn't really have a choice.But I love him anyway, he takes care of the kids when I'm out comic hunting. :lol:
Mordred
Vindellavon

Postby X-Man on Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:17 pm

Vindellavon wrote:
X-Man wrote:

If they can pull off the guild with AoA, then I'm OK.

I married a french guy, didn't really have a choice.But I love him anyway, he takes care of the kids when I'm out comic hunting. :lol:

nice and very nice
X-Man

Previous

Return to Wolverine and the X-Men