Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/eracer5/public_html/kataclysmforum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/eracer5/public_html/kataclysmforum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/eracer5/public_html/kataclysmforum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/eracer5/public_html/kataclysmforum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3729: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3731: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3732: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3733: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Kataclysm's X-Men Pages Forum • View topic - Who Thinks...

Who Thinks...

Talk about episodes and characters from Wolverine and the X-Men.

Who Thinks...

Postby WandaMaximoff on Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:42 pm

...That this version of Kurt is like the best ever? I mean, just about every version of him is awesome but I think this one captures his comic character a little better than the others. He's more sure of himself in this version than in the Evo version and he's a little less up-tight in this version than he was in TAS. TAS kind of made him very serious, IMO. It was like they focused more on his religious beliefs than on his flirty, fun side. This version seems a little more balanced out.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Re: Who Thinks...

Postby X-Man on Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:44 pm

it does. they show the fighter side, the loving side, and the helpful side. i do like this kurt. i also like the sound he makes wen he teleports:) in both here and evo. same with kitty's phasing :D btw, wat does IMO mean?
little monster for life <3
X-Man

Location: swimming somewhere with the mermaids, or running through the forest with indians.

Postby WandaMaximoff on Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:52 pm

:lol: In my opinion.

Kurt's power sound effects are always awesome, no matter what the version. I'm not a big Kitty Pryde fan so I'm not a real big fan of her phasing sounds because I'm bias like that. I find her quite annoying, more-so in some versions than others.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:53 pm

oh:P
i like kurt and kitty, but even if i didnt, i love the sounds. i love scotts optic blasts, i love the sound they make wen magneto is controlling something metal, i love the eerie sound emma makes wen in someones mind, i kinda like the sound for wolvies claws, but meh.
X-Man

Location: swimming somewhere with the mermaids, or running through the forest with indians.

Postby WandaMaximoff on Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:01 pm

I like Kurt's "Bamf", Emma's creepy thing, the optic blasts are alright, I love Bobby's ice power sounds and Wanda...well this Wanda is just awesome all around. She's got the power, the style, the attitude, her hair and eyes are both the RIGHT COLOR (for once), her outfit is better than it was in Evo, her head-dress isn't ridiculously large and the sound effects her powers make is pretty awesome as well. (And the colors are pretty too!) :lol:
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:04 pm

hahaha. wanda overal is kinda cool, but they change her attitude to much (comics she cant control her powers; evo creepy depressed goth; w&txm she wants wats best and controls her powers).
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:15 pm

In most versions of Wanda, she does want what's best for mutants, that doesn't change that much. (Except in Evo where she's all out for revenge but even then, after her memories are swiped, she helps the X-Men when none of the Brotherhood would. That says something.) And originally, in the comics, she had more control of her powers then as of late. When her powers started evolving, that's when she began to have a problem but even before then there wasn't a major level of control. She could cast hexes but she was never in control of what they would do. Every version is different, though. I, personally, look at the cartoons as just an extension of the comics, like an alternate universe. Each universe is different in it's own way and each variation of the character will be different to fit the universe.
Last edited by WandaMaximoff on Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:16 pm

definitly, ya.
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:22 pm

While we're on the topic, compare the Evo characters with the WATXM characters and tell me which ones you like better in which show. I think it would be interesting to find out.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:29 pm

ok:
wolverine better in EVO because he wasnt the main character, and while he did get a couple episodes, he wasnt the star, unlike w&xm where he is always there.
storm better in EVO because we saw more of her their, and she seemed like a nice person who was rele caring. in w&xm, she was barely their and didnt do much.
nightcrawler better in W&TXM because he wasnt a confused teen, and had many good sides.
kitty better in W&TXM because she seemed more mature and more helpful.
prof x better in EVO because he didnt fall into a coma and was genuinly helpful. in w&txm, he was too....out of control for me.
scott better in W&TXM because it shows that he rele loves jean and will do anything to get her back, and i like that.

anyone else? im missing some i no:P, but here is a starter.
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:51 pm

Wolverine: Better in Evo because he wasn't the team leader, he was more like the helper of the team leader or second in command. I like him in that position much better.
Storm: She wasn't in either version much but I like her in Evo because she shows up less. (There goes my comic bias again, lol.)
Jean: Mmm. Not entirely sure about this one. I'm kind of leaning towards Evo though because while she was a little "nose in the air" in this version, she had an attitude. A great attitude that showed she didn't depend on anyone and I liked that about her.
Scott: Evo, because while he loved Jean, he didn't really build his whole life around her in that version. He had to watch her be with another man and he didn't abandon his team because of it. He stepped up and was a leader and while he was a bit rash in some of his decisions, he took the initiative in being a good leader by not letting his personal feelings get in the way so much.
Beast: Evo just because I like "happy go luck" Beast rather than "serious to the core" Beast.
Xavier: WATXM and that's mainly because I think his whole, "being in the future thing" while "everyone else is in the past" thing is totally rockin'. I wanna do that!
Magneto: WATXM, no contest. I like that they're showing his love for his children in this version. I thought Evo Magneto was entirely too cold towards the twins. (Even though he's still pretty cold to Pietro in WATXM.)
Mystique: Evo. I like the whole ruthless thing she had going in that version. WATXM Mystique seems a little softer than Evo Mystique.
Kitty: Evo because while she was annoying in Evo, I find her even more annoying in WATXM. I can't explain it, I just do.
Nightcrawler: WATXM because he seems more true to his comic-self in this one.
Scarlet Witch: WATXM. I like her look better, her attitude better, her goals, outfit and personality better. (Though I still love her Evo version.)
Quicksilver: I'm not really sure about this one but I think I'm gonna go with Evo. In both versions he's a little dog who wants nothing more than to please Magneto even if that means betraying his sister, which I HATE but in Evo he had an excuse. He was young and stupid. What does older Pietro have to say for himself, huh? Nothing, that's what!
Avalanche: There really is no comparing the two, they're two completely different characters. WATXM Avalanche is like comic-verse Avalanche while Evo Avalanche has comic Avalanche's powers but acts more like Rictor.
Toad: Evo because he's funnier there.
Rogue: Evo because I like her attitude better there.
Gambit: Evo because even though I hate his looks there, I hate his voice in WATXM and that is more annoying than his Evo look.

I can't really think of any others right now, but I do know that there are some I'm missing.
Last edited by WandaMaximoff on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:08 am

beast better in Evo for the same reason
wanda better in W&txm because she was better. in evo, it was like, oh shes all goth and angry, ok, so lets wipe her memorize and forget about her.
pietro better in w&txm because in evo, he was rele annoying and i didnt like him that much.
rogue better in w&txm in evo she seemed to depressed and she kinda had an attitue. in w&txm, she was confused, but..in a good way?:P
jean its hard to say for her cuz in w&txm, she was only in a couple episodes, and u dont see her really. right now, if i had to choose, i would pick w&txm cuz she seemed more mature. there was soemthing about evo jean i didnt like much.
avalanche better in w&txm because in evo, he was to much of a bully and i hate the lancitty pairing and everything. he was quieter here, but better.
toad better in evo because again, he was funnier.
gambit better in evo because in w&txm, they made him too, untrustworthy. in evo, he had some alligance to magneto, but cared for rogue. in w&txm, he betrayed mutants, he left lorna, he tried to steal from magneto, and he was to focused on money.
mystique better in w&txm because in evo she seemed to controlling and annoying. here she seemed more....idk the word:P she was just better.
magneto better in w&txm because in evo he was too out of control. in w&txm, he was just better:P
angel better in w&txm because in evo, he was to.., not there. here he had a somewhat recurring role, and then they drifted to the archangel thing which was cool.
blob better in w&txm because he was more mature and more..badder?:P
sabertooth better in evo because here he was more shown and even tho he is a bad guy, he did help logan and remy find rogue and mystique in season 3 finale; he was able to work together and was good. in w&txm, he was to bent on logans destruction that he was too....annoying.
the sentinels better in w&txm: yes this isnt a character, but, it was shown on both shows: it was better here becuase in evo they looked weird. in w&txm, they kinda showed the sentinel ruled world, and the sentinels with mutant powers. i liked it, and i liekd how it showed a bit more of them.

k, so, thats some of the ones u had that i missed, with some extra. tell me wat u think!
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:49 am

Mmm, interesting.

Sabretooth: Better in Evo because he was shown more and for some reason, I just LOVE me some Victor Creed. (I prefer him over Wolverine any day of the week.)
Blob: Better in Evo because I like the whole gentle giant thing he had going and his teenager persona is awesome. (I also love that little thing with Tabitha and his mohawk.)
Angel: WATXM because Archangel rocks.
Forge: Evo because I like him as a teenager better.
Pyro: Mmm, hard to say. I think I'm gonna go with Evo for this one, though.
Sentinels: Evo. I'm not a fan of the Sentinels so I like that Evo showed less of them.
Iceman: Evo. Don't ask why because I don't even know, I just kind of find him annoying in WATXM for some reason.
Avalanche...Again: Like I said before, they're two completely different characters and you really can't compare them but if I HAD to choose, I would say WATXM because Greek Avalanche rocks. I do LOVE Lance, though. I like his bad-boy persona and the fact that he reminds me of Rictor.

Those are some of yours that I didn't have and some extra ones as well.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:24 pm

well....lets see:
forge better in w&txm because he seemed more...smart. in evo, he trapped himself in the 70's. this forge wouldnt:P and i liked the whole, i just finished cleaning the jet and now ur going to use it thing:P
pyro i think is good in both. i actually rele like him. evo showed his fun dangerous side. w&txm didnt show him much, so its hard to say, but from wat i saw i think they r a bit the same.
iceman i think is the same as pyro. he is a teenager in both, he is kind of annoying, but wen the time comes he can show wat he can do.
X23!! since we didnt see much of her in w&txm, ill say evo, just because wat she did to all the x-men in like, 5-10 min:P althought, the fact there was 4 of her in the future and they all attacked a sentinel, that gives them some brownie points.
multiple obv better in w&txm cuz he had better contorl of his powers and he was just cool. he was way to annoying in evo.
magma she is difficult cuz she was very different in the shows. in evo, she was young, had an annoying voice, but there was something cool about her. in w&txm, she was also young, but kind of didnt have control of her powers....i guess ill give it to evo.
apocolypse k, so i no that he hasnt been in w&txm yet, so this isnt that fair, but i choose evo. i think w&txm apocolypse looks kinda weird. but, we have to wait, so...right now, i give it to evo (obv) but, perhaps by the end of season 2, itll change.

any more we r forgetting?
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:40 pm

Mmm, not sure, but I'll do the ones that you did that I didn't, lol.

x23: Gonna say Evo because that show was why she was created in the first place and I love her.
Multiple: Evo because he was cute when he kept bumping into people and multiplying.
Apocalypse: You're right, it's not fair to choose yet but I'm gonna say WATXM because I think he's going to play a bigger part in that show and anyone who has an entire timeline named after them is pretty awesome in my book. :wink:
Magma: Evo because she was shown more.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby Vindellavon on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:46 pm

I think it's I time I buck out my list. :P

Wolverine: Evo. The less he's around, the better I feel. There's only one Wolverine I follow, and that's 616.

Storm: Evo. She was a prominent figure head for the younger kids, just like mainstream Storm.

Jean: Watxm. I despise the very essence of Jean grey, so the less she's around, the happier I am.

Scott: Watxm. everyone recalls the hero leader, yet everyone forgets the human widower. Mainsteram, folks, he's quite the bastard when he's lost the love of his life.

Beast: Watxm. This is the fall of the X-Men, not the rise, it's neccesary for a serious yet kind teacher to stick around when Charles is out of the picture.

Xavier: Watxm. Again, this is the fall of the X-Men, Charles sticking around and leading their every way is now out of the question. I like the fact that he's gone, but here, but still gone.

Magneto: WATXM NO FREAKIN' CONTEST. Every other version of magneto, besides mansitream, is either completely Ultimate-like, or completely stupid. this is the REAL Magneto.

Mystique: Evo. At least there she had screen time.

Kitty: Watxm. This is pure Excalibur, kick arse Kitty. No more teenage angst crap, this is hardcore.

Nightcrawler: WATXM. Do I really need to explain myself? Just watch X-Calibre again.

Scarlet Witch: WATXM. This is the true daughter of Magneto. Dutiful, beautiful, hard working, and loyal. Also, cunning, fast, and brave. She screwed daddy dearest over, give her some well earned credit.

Quicksilver: Watxm. This is the Quicksilver I've been waiting for. Confused, hard working, epic failure in trying to destroy the X-Men, somewhat annoying, and absolutely positively seductive. Tha ansgt? Did anyone see the angst??? :(

Avalanche: ... Evo.

Toad: Evo. TONDA, baby!

Rogue: Watxm. Only because her interaction with Domino was made of pure win.

Gambit: Watxm. Again, this is the best gambit done in years. Seductive, quick, cunning, smart, and HOT.

Angel: Watxm. Best portrayal yet. Kudos to the writers for making him a rather memorable character, even with limited screen time.

Forge: Watxm. I like comic relief.

Iceman: Watxm. Yes, teenage!Bobby with his raging hormones and cute pout is the way to go.
Mordred
P.I.M.P from the beginning.
Vindellavon

Postby WandaMaximoff on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:51 pm

I like your list. I don't agree with all of it, but I like it. You have valid reasoning. :mrgreen:
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby Vindellavon on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:02 pm

WandaMaximoff wrote:I like your list. I don't agree with all of it, but I like it. You have valid reasoning. :mrgreen:

Eh, I'm pretty biased. :wink: But I can't help it, I've been a comic fan for decades, so I guess it's in the blood. :D
Mordred
Vindellavon

Postby WandaMaximoff on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:04 pm

I'm biased as well so I can't really say much. Usually, no matter what the version I can't stand Storm, Lorna, Wolverine and Kitty. For some reason I harbor a deep dislike for these characters. I have my suspicions about my dislike for Lorna and I know why I don't like Wolverine but Kitty and Storm I'm not so sure about. I just don't like them. *shrugs*
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby Vindellavon on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:08 pm

WandaMaximoff wrote:I'm biased as well so I can't really say much. Usually, no matter what the version I can't stand Storm, Lorna, Wolverine and Kitty. For some reason I harbor a deep dislike for these characters. I have my suspicions about my dislike for Lorna and I know why I don't like Wolverine but Kitty and Storm I'm not so sure about. I just don't like them. *shrugs*

Yup! I'm the same with Scott and Jean. It doesn't matter what show, movie, new incarnate, or what it is they're appearing in... I despise them both.
Mordred
Vindellavon

Postby WandaMaximoff on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:12 pm

I despise Scott no matter what as well but I do love the Phoenix and since Jean is the Phoenix, I can't really hate her but so much. I think Jean would be more likeable if she had better writers and people got her away from Scott. (And they brought her back in the comics. It might help her popularity a little if she wasn't dead, lol.) I think they need to give her a proper love-interest, someone that she doesn't have to be all wrapped up in. Angel might fit the bill but I love he and Psylocke together. Wolverine and Jean are too overrated and get on my nerves just as much as she and Scott do. Give me a little time and I'll find someone to pair her with, though. Just you wait. :wink:
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby Vindellavon on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:36 pm

WandaMaximoff wrote:I despise Scott no matter what as well but I do love the Phoenix and since Jean is the Phoenix, I can't really hate her but so much. I think Jean would be more likeable if she had better writers and people got her away from Scott. (And they brought her back in the comics. It might help her popularity a little if she wasn't dead, lol.) I think they need to give her a proper love-interest, someone that she doesn't have to be all wrapped up in. Angel might fit the bill but I love he and Psylocke together. Wolverine and Jean are too overrated and get on my nerves just as much as she and Scott do. Give me a little time and I'll find someone to pair her with, though. Just you wait. :wink:

:lol: I'l be waiting. :D I, one in a blue moon, thought maybe she'd go OK with Xavier... but then that idea kind of died out during Genosha's recreation. Was it just me, or was the Magneto/Xavier sexual tension too much to bear? Boy, was that comic run hot and heavy. :o
Mordred
Vindellavon

Postby WandaMaximoff on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:42 pm

:lol: I usually try to stay away from the Magneto/Xavier ship, for some reason it just bothers me. Maybe it's because Mags is too sexy for his helmet and Xavier doesn't melt my butter. :lol:

For a while there, not long after Maddie's creation and she was with Scott and everyone was waiting for Jean to come back, I thought Jean would have gone perfectly with Sinister. Then when the Hellfire Club had her as the Black Queen, she and Sebastian Shaw made a pretty good fit. (To me at least.) For some reason I want to pair her with the bad guys.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby Vindellavon on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:56 pm

WandaMaximoff wrote::lol: I usually try to stay away from the Magneto/Xavier ship, for some reason it just bothers me. Maybe it's because Mags is too sexy for his helmet and Xavier doesn't melt my butter. :lol:

For a while there, not long after Maddie's creation and she was with Scott and everyone was waiting for Jean to come back, I thought Jean would have gone perfectly with Sinister. Then when the Hellfire Club had her as the Black Queen, she and Sebastian Shaw made a pretty good fit. (To me at least.) For some reason I want to pair her with the bad guys.

I always did think Jean would be number one to go off with the bad guys. Maybe it's the fact that the Phoenix won't leave her arse alone, or the fact that I love Scott/Emma. :?:

But in Ultimate, there was this ONE moment where Jean/Kurt was so damn obvious, I almost fainted.
Mordred
Vindellavon

Postby X-Man on Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:07 pm

so, iv noticed u guys seem to disike jean, and jean/scott relationship...why? i dont get it:P
X-Man

Next

Return to Wolverine and the X-Men