Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/eracer5/public_html/kataclysmforum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/eracer5/public_html/kataclysmforum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/eracer5/public_html/kataclysmforum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/eracer5/public_html/kataclysmforum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3729: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3731: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3732: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3733: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Kataclysm's X-Men Pages Forum • View topic - Who Thinks...

Who Thinks...

Talk about episodes and characters from Wolverine and the X-Men.

Re: Who Thinks...

Postby WandaMaximoff on Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:10 pm

Jean and Kurt? [childish moment] Ewww. [/end childish moment] I just can't imagine them together. I always did peg Jean for a bad-boy magnet, though. I don't mind Scott/Emma but Emma needs to leave the Phoenix business to Jean. Sure anyone can put a Phoenix costume on, go all firey and die in Scott's arms on the cover of a comic while he unnecessarily shoots an optic beam up to the sky and screams 'no' but no one can do it with the grace that Jean can. :lol:
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:12 pm

hahaha i love that cover!
little monster for life <3
X-Man

Location: swimming somewhere with the mermaids, or running through the forest with indians.

Postby Vindellavon on Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:14 pm

WandaMaximoff wrote:Jean and Kurt? [childish moment] Ewww. [/end childish moment] I just can't imagine them together. I always did peg Jean for a bad-boy magnet, though. I don't mind Scott/Emma but Emma needs to leave the Phoenix business to Jean. Sure anyone can put a Phoenix costume on, go all firey and die in Scott's arms on the cover of a comic while he unnecessarily shoots an optic beam up to the sky and screams 'no' but no one can do it with the grace that Jean can. :lol:

:lol:

X-Man: I LOVE YOUR SIG!
Mordred
P.I.M.P from the beginning.
Vindellavon

Postby X-Man on Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:16 pm

thanks:) i wanted to use the one that prof x says at the beginning about mutation but it was too long :(
X-Man

Location: swimming somewhere with the mermaids, or running through the forest with indians.

Postby WandaMaximoff on Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:24 pm

X-Man wrote:hahaha i love that cover!

You mean covers. Scott really does have the worst luck with women.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:25 pm

ya, but i mean i love the cover where he is holding jean and firing a blast into the sky while yelling no:P
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:32 pm

Which one? He's been on a cover twice with Jean like that and once with Emma. (I think it was twice with Jean at least.) And I prefer Jean's Phoenix over Emma's any day. Heck, I even prefer the Stepford Cuckoo's Phoenix's over Emma's.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:35 pm

oh, well, iv only seen him with jean as the phoenix...so, that one:P
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:43 pm

http://www.wallpaperjunkie.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=9

There's the pic from Emma's little Phoenix trip. She doesn't have her Phoenix costume on, though.

http://www.wallpaperjunkie.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=11

There's a pic of her Phoenix costume.

Btw, Wallpaperjunkie is a wonderful site for X-Men wallpapers, or comic wallpapers period.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:43 pm

haha nice.
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:23 am

OoooO, found a pic of the Cuckoo's Phoenix as well.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/113976-157173-stepford-cuckoos_super.jpg

Gotta love good 'ol comicvine.

Speaking of the Cuckoo's, who's your favorite out of the five? I think mine is Celeste.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:57 am

i like that pic:P
i like, sophie, mindee and celeste. esme and phoebe seem to power hunry and crazy. these 3 seem like heroes who want to do the right thing:P (im reading this of off wikipedia soo....:P)
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:33 am

I absolutely can't stand Esme and it only made me hate Emma when she told her that she was most proud of her before she died. Phoebe is okay, but I don't really like her that much either. I don't hate her, though. I'm neutral about Mindee/Irma. She's alright but she's not my favorite. Sophie comes in as a close second to Celeste because she was the dominant personality when alive and she was the most heroic. Celeste is my favorite, though, mostly because she was the one the Phoenix deemed worthy enough to hold her powers. Sure, the Phoenix kind of took over all of them, but Celeste was the main one she was after. I think Celeste is probably most like Jean Grey. She kind of has the same attitude as Jean, IMO.

I basically like the three that are alive now and Sophie, Esme's really the only one I can't stand. I like the Cuckoo's, though. (Strange how I like the Cuckoo's but I'm not too fond of Emma. Strange how I like x-23 but don't like Wolverine. Strange how I like Madelyne Pryor better than I like Jean Grey. I must have a thing for clones.) :lol:
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:39 pm

hahahaha nice. i dont mind jean, but i dont no alot about pryor, so...x23 is better, but i dont no which is betetr between emma and the cuckoos. can they go into a dimaond form? i think i like emma more because of the whole, shards of the phoenix in them making them emotionless thing got weird.
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:46 pm

They do, if I'm not mistaken but theirs is stronger than Emma's. Emma's can be shattered as we've seen before, I think the Cuckoo's is perfect. I'm not sure, though. I'll have to check it out.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:00 pm

i think i might go with emma:P idk. difficult to say:)
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:26 pm

I'm still not completely sure about the diamond form thing but I have a pending question sent to an expert. I should have the information in a few days.

I'm going with the Cuckoo's because, not only do I like Celeste and Sophie (Even though she's dead.) better than Emma, they're more powerful than Emma as one, if I'm not mistaken. When they combine their minds, they're pretty powerful telepaths, more so than usual. Plus they've sealed pieces of the Phoenix inside themselves. That is so cool.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:07 pm

their more powerful because their is 5 of them. and yes, they have parts of the phoenix inside them, but they cant feel emotion and so...i pick emma:P
this is from wikipedia:
Like their mother, Emma Frost, each Cuckoo sister also possesses the ability to transform into an organic diamond body, and as such becomes completely impervious to harm. Unlike Frost, however, their diamond forms are flawless; such that nothing can enter or escape. They can never feel emotion, even when in their "normal" tissue forms, due to having permanently changed their hearts to diamond in order to seal in a destructive shard of the Phoenix Force.
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:50 pm

Exactly right. Finally wikipedia was right about one thing, lol.

I still go with the Cuckoo's, they're perfect. Even if there weren't five of them.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:20 pm

but how r they perfect if they cant feel emotions?
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:46 pm

They can't get hurt. Even when they could feel emotions, Emma was trying her hardest to condition the girls against them. She didn't want them to loose their heads in feelings and get hurt like she had done so many times. The girls were never really "emotion central" or anything. Sure they had crushes on people (That's how Esme died.) but they never really let go and followed their emotions.

The girls are perfect. Plain and simple.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:47 pm

oh..well, idk then:P its a hard decision.:)
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:53 pm

I guess it might be harder for me if I liked Emma a little more. I, personally, liked her a whole lot better when she was leading Gen-X and she and Sean had their little thing going. I found her so much more likeable then, until Adrienne showed up, that is.

Looking around other forums, I find myself being one of the only few who actually enjoyed Warsong. (Though I would have found it much more enjoyable without Phoebe and Mindee/Irma there, they took away from Celeste's spotlight. I mean the Phoenix did choose her after-all, the other two just came as part of the package deal.) I don't like how Warsong ended, though. I really would have liked to see Celeste's relationship with Jake Oh go further than mere flirting. I think they could have been wonderful together. *sigh* But they probably would have just fallen into Marvel's blackhole of failed relationships with all the others. (I still can't believe they did Jean the way they did. They spent all that time on Jean and Scott and how wonderful and perfect they were and their psychic bond and what not, and then they had Scott just toss Jean aside like some old piece of pizza! And this is coming from someone who hated Jean with Scott and would have rather seen her with just about anyone except him! Jean should have been done better by the comic folks. It just wasn't right.)
Last edited by WandaMaximoff on Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:13 pm

mabe becuase there are 3, thats better than one? idk. but, didnt they not have emotions, so she wouldnt rele be able to have a relationship. like u said tho, marvel sucks at relationships. i hate the jean and scott thing. they could have easily killed off a useless character and had them as the spotlight for a couple issues, then die and live happily ever after. but no. they have to destroy a somewhat good relationship and kill the girl. gahh! :evil:
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:18 pm

It really wouldn't have bothered me as much if they had killed Scott. I probably would have been a whole lot happier about that. Besides, the Phoenix basically wants Scott so why not just let the force take him and bring Jean back! Emma will be fine without Scott. It's not like she'll die or her character will go to hell or anything.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

PreviousNext

Return to Wolverine and the X-Men