Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/eracer5/public_html/kataclysmforum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/eracer5/public_html/kataclysmforum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/eracer5/public_html/kataclysmforum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3729: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3731: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3732: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3733: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Kataclysm's X-Men Pages Forum • View topic - Thoughts for a series three?

Thoughts for a series three?

Talk about episodes and characters from Wolverine and the X-Men.

Thoughts for a series three?

Postby Vindellavon on Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:29 pm

So, we all know two of the major X-Men plot lines have already been used, considering the faact that AoA's already been finished and is now pending for telly time. Watxm's success is worth remebering, thy're airing the show in the U.S on cable cartoon TV, and it's making LOTS of impact there. here in france, they're also making a good amount of impact, the Hispanic regions have made the most from the show with Canada coming in second. I have no doubt a third series may pend right after a few episodes of series two is aired.

Now, what should they do for series three? All throughout DofP, they hinted towards the House of M issues. Bishop and Domino's intros gave birth to Cable&Deadpool, and it has been confirmed that Deadpool will be appearing in series two. Also, with the introduction of Feverpitch, there's another storyline that could be used, and then there's Dr. Cornelius, and Sabretooth. Even with all of this wiped aside, we still have the Phoenix- Reborn/Endsong hints at the end of the season, and the introductin of the LeBeau vs. Magneto problem also featured towards the end of the season. ALSO include the fact that Remy is no where near "goodness stature," so... bad Gumbo? What do you guys think they'll use for series three, if it even comes to fruition?
Mordred
P.I.M.P from the beginning.
Vindellavon

Re: Thoughts for a series three?

Postby X-Man on Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:34 pm

i would like to see a House of M story for season 3. my biggest thing about it, though, is they will just jump into it. obv HoM is about insane wanda snapping. so far, they should wanda pretty normal, and she is even going to rule an island. i dont want them to all-of-a-sudden make her crazy in the last couple episodes of season 2, and focus all on her on season 3. the show is wolverine and the x-men, so, wolverine and the x-men will have to be the main ppl.
im rele looking forward to AoA. i think its gonna be great, and worth the wait.
little monster for life <3
X-Man

Location: swimming somewhere with the mermaids, or running through the forest with indians.

Postby WandaMaximoff on Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:43 pm

For House of M to work, they would have to find something to make Wanda snap and right now, there's really nothing that would make her go that far. They would also have to have someone to influence Wanda and even though she and Pietro are closer here than in Evo, they're not that close for him to be that big of an influence. (Besides, if they do HoM for season three, what will become of Wanda throughout the rest of the series? They will have to think of someway to get rid of her AND they'll have to think of someway to incorporate all the de-powered mutants and their affect on the mutant population.) My other problem with a HoM idea is only one season for it? HoM was a big story-arc that affected other story-arcs and made spin off story-arcs. Can they really cover a HoM story line thoroughly in just one season? And if they can't, having one idea take up two or more seasons is too much.

For the third season, they should probably figure out a way to do something with the Phoenix story-line. No cartoon is right without the Phoenix Saga and even though they didn't cover it in Evo, if Evo had been given more time, I'm sure the writers would have come up with something.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:46 pm

what u say about HoM makes sense.
but, they already did the phoenix thing in season 1. they actually did DoFP and the phoenix for season 1. if they do it for s3, then itll be focusing again all on jean and logan leading the team to help control her and scott going crazy cuz sh might die (or be dead). another thing is since they did it for s1, jumping from the phoenix to AoA and then back to the phoenix would just get confusing.
X-Man

Location: swimming somewhere with the mermaids, or running through the forest with indians.

Postby WandaMaximoff on Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:09 pm

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of old school Phoenix with the M'Kraan Crystal, the Shi'ar and everything. The first season was more along the lines of new-age Phoenix following (loosely) the story-lines of Endsong and Warsong and while those were good arcs in their own right, nothing can compare to the first time Phoenix appeared in the comics. Even though going from new-age Phoenix to AoA then to classic Phoenix would be a little out of order and a tad backwards, I think they could make it work. It would be interesting to see how WATXM would handle the old Phoenix story line with Jean being a part of the Hellfire Club and what not. Besides, season one didn't focus on the Phoenix enough for my tastes.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby Vindellavon on Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:22 pm

At first, X-Man should know this, I was all for House of M. However, since news got out about Deadpool and Havoc joining the cast, I've been having second thoughts. I'm thinking either Cable's going to be part of the third series cast, or one of the arcs of the Summers brothers' is going to be introduced. I say this now, I DESPISE all the Summers, I curse the family. however, it sems that the history of Wolverine, Jean, and Scott seem to be the centre point of the show, so I'm thinking maybe a few more of their histories will come to be. I'm not too excited, but meh.
Mordred
Vindellavon

Postby WandaMaximoff on Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:27 pm

If a history does have to come next, let it be Jean's, please let it be Jean's. (I, too, despise the Summers and if they weren't already cursed with the worst luck in the world, I would curse them again.) :lol:
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby Vindellavon on Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:34 pm

WandaMaximoff wrote:If a history does have to come next, let it be Jean's, please let it be Jean's. (I, too, despise the Summers and if they weren't already cursed with the worst luck in the world, I would curse them again.) :lol:

Death be to them all... Specially, our little Vulcan. :D

Meh, I'm a not a Jeanie fan ( :wink: ) and would like it if thy concentrated a bit more on the histories of the other X-Men. Piotr and Majik are both getting intrductory story-lines, so I can see some parts of a history coming. However, I want LOTS of more back-up on our little Gumbo, more on Wanda and the rest of the Magnus-es, and some more depth on Kurt. They kind of left the blue guy hanging after the great chase.
Mordred
Vindellavon

Postby WandaMaximoff on Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:37 pm

They really did and even though they will probably do neither, I would love to see Jonda become canon but if not, I would really like to see Kurt end up living on Genosha with Wanda.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:49 pm

k, first, who or what is gumbo.
second, after reading what u guys say about it, at first i was into it, but now i dont want it. if they do a HoM, they'll make something big happen to make wanda crazy and i think that will definitly throw ppl off.
third, i dont want kurt going to genosha becuase i like him on the team, and they need him.
and fourth, wat about a an x-men 2099 for seaon 3:) i think that would be interesting. but, like, present x-men meet 2099 x-men somehow.
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:53 pm

Gumbo is Wolverine's nickname for Gambit. New Orleans...gumbo...get it? :lol: Oh and gumbo the food is like a soup or a stew that they eat down in Louisiana.

I'm not sure how I would feel about X-Men 2099. I would like to see them do something on the Askani time-line, though. That would be pretty cool.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:55 pm

no, i dont get it actually :)
isnt the askani thing with racheal summers, and she puts the minds of scott and jean (present) into the future as redd and slym to raise cable or nate? that sounds cool, but that focus' on jean and scott, and wolverine would have to be included and then it could ruin it...idk.
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:59 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of the team ending up in the Askani time-line and as long as the focus doesn't end all up on Scott, I'm cool with it. :mrgreen:

:lol: Gumbo is a food they eat down in New Orleans (where Gambit's from) and a lot of areas around Louisiana. (mainly the region known as "deep south") Since Gambit's from New Orleans, Wolverine calls him Gumbo because they eat that a lot down there. Now do you get it? :?
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:01 pm

k, i get it now :)
and, that time-line would be cool, but wat would happen in it then?
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:03 pm

Not sure, I haven't really thought it through all the way. :oops: I just think it would be cool because cartoons never use that time-line for anything.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:08 pm

haha. we need something cool and fun:)
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:09 pm

So do. I think some of the cartoons need to branch further out into the MU.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:13 pm

is mu marvel universe?:P
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:15 pm

Yes it is. :mrgreen:

I just think that some of the cartoons only scratch the surface of the MU when if they went just a little deeper, they would find some awesome story-lines that other cartoons haven't already done.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:16 pm

or make up their own! :D
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:18 pm

That is very true. I'm sure if they strayed a little from the beaten path they would find story-lines that would attract viewers.
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Postby X-Man on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:19 pm

:mrgreen:
X-Man

Postby Vindellavon on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:35 pm

I wonder if they'll ever try any of the storylines for Angel and Storm. I would really like to see Black Panther, and Betsy should get a larger role.
Mordred
Vindellavon

Postby X-Man on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:36 pm

that would be cool to see the black panther...and by besty u mean psylocke right? mabe do a kwannon thing.
X-Man

Postby WandaMaximoff on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:38 pm

Betsy really does need to be in WATXM more. Has she ever made a major appearance in a cartoon before?
Magneto > You
WandaMaximoff

Next

Return to Wolverine and the X-Men