Eyes Part 2

Professor sighed, looking at Rogue. "May I see your right arm?" he asked, already looking down. Rogue pulled up her green see through shirt. "Just as I thought."

"What?"

Professor pointed to a small pin prick on her arm. He pulled his magnify glass out.

"Oh my gawd!" Rogue exclaimed. "What is that?"

"That is the reason why you haven't been sleeping. Todd pricked you the day you went to Burger City. I need to run a blood sample, if you don't mine."

Professor saw the look at on Rogue's face that expressed her dislike for needles, but she had no other choice and he knew that.

*~*

Around lunch time, the halls were empty except one girl, Rogue. Her arm began itching as she used the internet to check her mail. A single email was left for her. Rogue clicked it open to see a picture of Mystique.

"That's a sight for sore eyes," she grumbled reading it.

"Dear Rogue,
I'm sure you're tired. You must be. You have no idea how much information you've given us just by being around Professor and his genius Cerebro. You won't understand that. Well, take care. -Mystique."

Rogue had a bad feeling. She replied.

"Dear Mystique,
Did anyone ever tell you how incredibly stupid you are? -Rogue" She hesitated pushing the send button.

"Ah ain't that way," she said, closing the letter before it was sent.

//Rogue, please join me in my study//, Professor's voice rang out in her head.

In the study, Professor still looked at sheets, piled high on his desk. "Ah, Rogue. It seems Mystique has found a way to 'watch' over what I'm doing," he pointed to the chair.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, when Todd touched your arm, you suddenly became dizzy. He injected you with a substance much like a virus."

"He's already on my bad side," she slouched.

"This virus has a computer chip devise that's disguised as a DNA strand. The strand has attached itself to your eyes making-"

"-everything Ah see like one of those mini cameras! They've been spying on me!" She rolled her fists tightly.

"I don't know the antidote to fight it off. This DNA is very sensitive. I'm guessing since Mystique and Magneto made the virus, they have the antidote."

"They won't just give it to me."

"I know. I'm afraid you'll have to go blind folded a couple days."

"Blind folded?! Can't they still hear me?"

"It's only attached to the eyes. All other senses are useless to them."

"Ah don't like this." Rogue sighed then looked back up at the Professor. "Do you think they're watching right now?"

"No. That's the reason you can't sleep. It's like that strand stores everything you see and plays itself back at the main computer. Rogue, your mind is so active at night, there's no way you can sleep."

"Where's this main computer?"

"I don't know."

*~*

Scott couldn't help but notice the way Rogue slouched through her favorite movie. He glanced at Jean. She too noticed. He thought about asking Rogue, but they were around mixed company.

"Uh, Scott. Could you refill my glass with more Root Beer?" Jean asked, handing him the cup. The others chipped in, giving Scott their glasses.

"Rogue, would you like to help me get the gang some more drinks?"

"Sure." She followed him in, grabbing the four different bottles from the fridge. Each glass had a separate name on it, making it easy for Scott and Rogue to determine who got what drink.

"Is there something wrong?" he asked, trying to look into her eyes.

"No. Yes." Rogue avoided his eyes and began pouring.

He stared at her harder, hoping to get some type of attention. There was a silence while Rogue filled the last glass.

"Look Scott, don't take this personal, but Ah can't look at you. Or anyone else. It's just hard to explain. Talk to Professor." She grabbed three glasses and disappeared before Scott could reply.

He grabbed his glass and followed her in. Jean met his eyes. Sighing, Scott shook his head and rejoined the group.

*~*

"It's so frustrating Professor!" Rogue exclaimed. She had been watching the rug the past afternoon as if it was something to see. "Ah can't explain it to anyone who wants to know why Ah've suddenly got interest in watching the floor and walls."

"I know Rogue. I've been working on something. The way I read this, there is no antidote. Like any metallic devise, I figure enough magnetic force ought to short it out and permanently stop the transmitting." He stared into her hurt eyes, wanting so much to help.

"So yer saying Ah have to make Magneto fight me?"

"I'm afraid so."

"And when's he around when you need him?"

"That's what troubles me."

*~*

Scott pushed Jean slightly, then grabbed her ribs. He enjoyed making her squirm. As they started walking past the study of Professor Xavior, Jean stopped, putting her hand in front of Scott.

"Listen," she whispered. Scott leaned closer.

"Raven, only you can summon Magneto. Rogue isn't being able to sleep and if you look at her grades, you will noticed to drop in them." There was a paused then he spoke again. "Please, I-"

Scott leaned closer. Jean felt his breath on her neck, but made no sudden move.

"Fine Raven. I'll be flat out. I don't know why you have hurt Rogue in this sense, but it will stop one way or another." With that, Scott and Jean jumped from the slight slam of the phone.

"Woa." Scott whispered still near her neck.

//Scott and Jean. If you will come in, I will fill you in.// Both teens looked up, holding back the grin.

"I should've known you would know we were listening." Jean grinned and sat across from him.

"So what's with Rogue?" Scott asked, slipping his hands into his pockets.

Professor gave a detailed story of Rogue's tiredness lately and how Cerebro seemed to be giving odd data. "Magneto has a micro-camera in Rogue's eyes that records and replays itself at night."


"Right. And when one's mind is active all night, it's nearly impossible to sleep." Jean sighed.

"I have a plan," Scott said suddenly.