Eyes Part 3

"I have a plan," Scott said suddenly.

*~*

Rogue walked down the long road to her school. She didn't know why she was heading in that direction. "Ah don't even like school that much," she complained. It seemed to take forever, but nevertheless, Rogue finally made it down. She saw a shadow creeping around the corner of the building.

The shadow looked up and stopped.

"Rogue?" The voice was male and very recognizable. She didn't budge, but stared at the traitorous fiend walking her way. "Hey Rogue," he spoke again. Still, without blinking, Rogue glared. "Are you okay?" This time the male was within inches from her, casting a shadow on her so the sun wouldn't blind her.

"Ah guess. Ah was just thinking." Rogue looked at Lance in eyes. She couldn't believe he would do this to her.

"Why did you come down here?" Lance tried bringing up conversation again. Rogue held her stance, just staring.

"Ah don't know. Ah was bored, Ah guess."

"Want to hang out with me? Pietro's in the shade catching some z's."

Rogue hesitated, remembering the last time she hung out with Lance. "Sure."

The two made their way down to the shady oak behind the large school where Pietro was sleeping.

"Hey Pietro!" Lance yelled in his face. Pietro jumped back, smacking his head against the bark.

"Yeouch!"

Rogue rolled her eyes then suddenly felt a breeze from behind her.

"Rogue, we have a confession," Lance started, staring past her. Rogue twisted around slowly, her eyes meeting a dark shadowy figure. She started to tremble, but didn't show it.

"Rogue," the figure spoke.

Rogue didn't budge.

"Welcome back." Dark and mysterious, the figure landed on the ground, his cape following smoothly.

"Ah ain't back." She crossed her arms. Rogue watched him stare at her, while listening to the footsteps behind her. She balled her fist and plunged at him.

As quickly as Rogue grabbed his armored body, she was tossed off with a sudden force. Rogue opened her eyes to see the man still standing with his hand out. Her head pounded, not from hitting the ground. She blinked hard.

"If that's all ya got, you're weak!" she screamed, charging again. This time Lance and Pietro stopped her, holding her arms back.

"You crazy?" Lance asked, gripping hard. Pietro let go when Rogue stomped her foot hard on his shin. "Rogue!"

The shadowy stature raised his hand. Slowly, Lance let go, watching the girl float up. "You really want to fight me?" his voice deepened. Rogue held her head as she ached with pain. Her eyes burned the longer he held her up. Then suddenly, Rogue fell the ground, hitting it hard. Lance ran to her side, lifting her head.

"Rogue?" he called. Her eyes were shut tight. "Why?!" Lance yelled, turning to the figure.

"She's not ready," he replied, turning. Lance and Pietro watched as he floated away, his cape drifting behind him.

*~*

"Ding dong," inside the large mansion, the echoing of the door bell was heard throughout. Scott raced Kurt to the door, turning the corner of the boys' hall.

"I get it! I get it!" Kurt called, laughing.

"You don't, if I get there first!" he called, jumping a few steps. Scott reached out, grabbing the door knob first. "Ha!"

"Ah, you cheated!" Kurt teased. Scott grinned, opening the door.

Outside, on the porch, Rogue laid, slumped over.

"Rogue!" both boys called. They immediately helped her in, setting her on the couch.

"Pofessor!" Kurt called. "Pofessor!"

Scott scanned the girl over, looking for any broken bones or bleeding. "She doesn't seem to badly hurt," Scott reported to the older man who wheeled in.

"Rogue just seems knocked out pretty bad." He moved over so Professor could examine her as well. Professor reached out his hand and set it barely above her forehead.

//Rogue.// His eyes were shut tight as he spoke to her through his mind. //You did fine. Everything will be okay.// Professor looked up at Kurt. "Transport her to the lab so I can take a blood scan of her eyes." Without further delay, Kurt ported Rogue, leaving a trace of stench.

*~*

"Oh, ow," Rogue moaned hours later. She placed her hand on her head where it hurt the most. "Wha- Ah'm blind!" she groaned. She tried opening her eyes more but all she could see was darkness.

"Rogue," a voice called to her. It was female and sweet.

"Jean? Is that you?"

"Yes Rogue." Jean placed her hand on top of Rogue's gloved hand. "That DNA strand is almost gone. Apparently, Magneto visited you-"

"Magneto?"

"The guy you tried to fight."

"That was," her voice trailed off as she felt the her eyes. Two cotton swabs with a wrapping of some sort covered her eyes and most of her forehead. "Ouch."

"Then don't touch it," Jean teased. "Anyways, why did you fight him?"

"Ah just got so mad. Ah mean Lance- he betrayed me! Mah friend betrayed me! Then Ah saw that guy- he said 'Welcome back' and Ah- Ah got angrier." Rogue tried remember what the man looked like, but her head hurt too much.

"I hate to tell you this, but you need to fight him again."

"No way!"

Jean's hand tightened around hers. "It's the only way Professor knows how to rid of that DNA strand around your eyes."

Rogue swallowed hard. As if things couldn't get any worse. Her head pounded and her eyes were beyond pain. Fighting Magneto again .. Rogue sighed, not knowing what to do.