Loves Finds A Way Pt.2

"Has anyone seen Alexya?" Jean asked, busting into the other girls' room. Kitty, still putting her hair up, look at Jean.

"Like, why would we? It's early in the morning," Kitty finished, yawning.

"Ah ain't seen her," Rogue commented.

Jean shut the door, standing against the wall. She had waken up that morning to find everything of Alexya's gone.

"Jean, is something wrong?" Professor's voice asked from behind her.

"Yeah, I'd say something's wrong. Everything of Alex's is gone." Jean watched Professor's eyes close tight then reopen. A worried look took place in his mind. "Where is she?"

"Gone."

*~*

"She's joining us, yo?" Todd asked, watching Alexya as she moved her last bag into an old guest room the Brotherhood of Mutants had.

"Yeah Toady, she is. Get over it," Lance smiled as he watched.

"Hey man, she looks lonely, maybe confused." Pietro had been watching TV but decided to look in on what was going on. "Magneto and Mystique will be happy what we did."

"We?!" Lance snapped.

"Well, what you did," Pietro corrected.

"No Pietro. Magneto did." Lance smiled as he saw both Todd and Pietro's mouth drop. "Magneto spoke with her yesterday. Spoke like a true father, if ya ask me."

*~*

Lance and Alexya held hands as they walked further out into the woods that lay behind the school.

"We seem to always find ourselves here, behind this school," she said weakly.

"Yeah," he stopped, pulling her to him. Their faces were only inches from each other, but growing closer. Lance brushed his lips against Alexya's, but noticed her hesitation. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," she lied.

"This may sound weird, but your lips are cold."

Alexya pulled away, her hand touching her lips. "No. You're lips are running a fever." Lance chuckled at her sarcasm.

"Come on Alex, what's bugging you?" He wrapped his hands around her waist but let her go when she pushed away.

"This doesn't feel right."

"Us?"

"Us? No. I mean, me. Switching sides, so suddenly."

"Well Alex," Lance kissed her cheek, "if you want to go back, I ain't stopin' ya."

"No, I- I think I may like where I am."

*~*

"He what?!" Scott yelled at Jean. "Lance convinced Alex?!" Scott pounded his fist into the sofa.

"Scott, I'm sure-"

"No!" Scott stormed off, slamming the door behind him.

"Scott," Jean's eyes teared up as she turned to see Kurt and Professor watching. "I didn't think he'd take it this way."

"You have to realize he feels responsible for everyone here. Once team member leaves and he takes it hard, Jean. You know that." Professor took her hand.

"Pofessor, should Jean I follow?" Kurt asked.

"No."

*~*

"Come here!" Scott dove towards Lance, making him sprawl forward. His anger was way over and beyond. Clenched fists, tight nerves, ready to fight at any minute.

"Dude!" Lance growled. "What are you doing?"

"What did you say to Alex?! Where is she?!" He ran up to Lance, grabbing him by the shirt. Scott's anger took over, throwing Lance against a hard tree.

"Man! Let go!!" Lance clenched his fists.

They stared hard, eye to eye, waiting for something to happen.

"Scott," a whimpering voice spoke.

Scott's ears burned, recognizing the voice. He set Lance down, turning to the figure beside another tree. Tears flowed from her eyes.

"Alex? What are you doing?" his voice remained calm, almost scared. "What happened?"

"Scott. I love you. I love Jean. I love the Professor. But I wanted something more."

"I can't love you like I love.." his voice froze, remember Jean.

"Not like that." She glanced at Lance who smiled, but kept his mouth shut. "I tried talking to someone and no one listens like Pietro and Lance. I love Lance. You know it."

"Unfortunately." He knew there was no stopping her. She had loved Lance since she first came. It only made him cringe inside. "Alex," he ventured, walking to her. "I'm sorry. If you need a home to stay, you know where to go. We all love you."

He met her eyes, wanting to hug her and take her back home. But knew he couldn't. She loved Lance. She really loved Lance.

"Just be careful." He turned, speed walking away.

Lance didn't say anything. He walked to Alexya, wrapping her in his arms. Though her eyes were sad and wet from crying, he still hugged her.

"Babe. It's you and me. No matter what, I'll love you."

"The world's full of love, isn't it?" she sniffed.

*~*

"Well?" Kitty asked, holding her breath. She watch Scott pass her by.

"Jean's got a room to herself, again." That was all he said.

A day without Alexya was sad. Kitty remembered the sketch book. She ran upstairs, passing Scott and dove into Jean's room.

"Kitty?" Jean asked, looking up from her book.

Kitty didn't say anything, just looked for the sketch book. It wasn't there. She sighed, leaving the room. "Nothing." Before shutting the door, she turned. "You have a room to yourself again." She shut the door, not waiting for a response.

*~*

Professor shook his head. "She won't live to tell this one."