Time Out For Tim Pt.2

"Hey Tim!" a voice interrupted Scott's invitation. Scott glanced over at Pietro who was jogging up to them. "Well, hello there Shades," Pietro smirked. "Come on Tim." Pietro put his arm around Tim's shoulder and guided his away. "Later Summers!"

*~**~**~*

Lance joked around with his new friend, Tim Webster.

"Gin," Tim spoke softly. He held his cards out, watching Lance's eyes bulge.

"Aw, beginner's luck!"

"Hey yo! Three X-Freaks at two o'clock!" Todd whispered, elbowing Tim.

"X-Freaks?" he looked at Lance with question.

"Yeah," Lance looked over Tim's shoulder.

Lance and his groupies often went to a small rocky area near the beach. Walking their way were three X-Men; Jean, Kitty, and Rogue.

"Let's go," Lance said, throwing his cards down. "Remember what I taught you Tim."

*~**~**~*

"We got trouble," Rogue warned, dropping her towel.

"Can't they ever, like, be somewhere we're not?" Kitty whined, also dropping her towel. Jean placed her hands at her naked hips. "And must they see us in our bikini's?" Kitty whined some more.

"Hey there babes!" Todd hopped over. Jean held her hand out, lifting Toad in the air.

"Can't you leave us alone?" she asked, throwing him back.

"Yoman,thatwasn'tverynice," Pietro commented, running behind Kitty. "SurpriseKitty!" He pulled the towel from under her feet, making her fall hard. The three boys laughed hard except Tim. Kitty noticed.

"That's it! Ah'm tired of you!" Rogue dove at Pietro with her bare hands, grabbing his face. He fell down, yelling in pain.

"Pietro!" Lance called, running at Rogue. He jumped her, pushing her off. Rogue started swinging her hands but Avalanche pounded the ground, making it swallow her halfway, including her hands. "It's time to rock this party!" he shouted, his hands shaking toward the ground. Kitty and Jean were swallowed whole by the sudden rise of sand around them.

"Cake," Todd smiled. "You see Tim, with these wimps-"

Kitty and Jean phased through the sand, while Todd continued to speak. Kitty took a flying leap at him, sending Todd flying.

Jean ran for Lance, lifting him high.

"Hey Tim! Now!" Lance called from up high.

Kitty looked at Tim who started for Jean. "Tim!" she called out, running at him. He stopped, facing her. Kitty ran harder, her hands out. "You're mine!" She called, jumping at him. Kitty's hands reached out and went right through his body. She landed hard against Jean's leg, making Jean fall.

"Losers!" Todd hopped over to Tim. "Great job!"

Kitty met Tim's eyes again. "Jean, did you see that?" she asked, nervously.

"Yeah."

"Meet our newest addition!" Pietro spoke slower, still trying to stand from Rogue's attack. "Tim, the Ghost." Pietro slapped Tim's back hard, making him jump a few feet. "He's a bit shy."

"Come on. Let's get out of here," Tim pleaded. The four boys left, leaving the girls staring their way.

"He can phase! Just like me!" Kitty started to smile, then turned to help Rogue out.

"Ah never knew two mutants could posses the same gene," Rogue commented, brushing herself off.

*~**~**~*

"But is it possible we, like, have the exact same gene?" Kitty asked, almost on top of the Professor. Professor looked up from his studies.

"Kitty, some space, please."

Kitty backed up a little, allowing the Professor the wheel his wheelchair around his desk. "Now, it is possible for anyone to have the exact same x-gene. But not highly likeable."

"But I like, phased right through him!"

"I know. You told me that four times now." Professor and Kitty stared at each other for some time, trying to figure out how Tim could have the same ability as Kitty.

*~**~**~*

Next day at school, Kitty spotted Tim in the back and joined him. She wasn't sure what to say or even how to act. Taking a seat next to him, she felt him stiffen up.

"I have my homework today," she said, earning a smile from him. "Hey Tim, no hard feelings about yesterday, okay?" she asked, grabbing her books. Tim nodded, doodling over his homework assignment.

"I'm Kitty."

"Tim."

"Look, we're the good guys. Honestly. We, like, don't want to hurt you-"

"No you look, Kitty. I didn't ask to come here. I came here because I was different from my old school. I phased my hand through a computer, making it go haywire! Now I'm stuck in this- this school!" Tim turned his attention back to his homework.

"You mean, like this?" She allowed her hand to phase through the desk. Tim's eyes got wide.

"How-"

"I don't know. It's not common for two mutants to have the same x-gene. Yet, we both can like, phase through things, you know. It's totally freaky."

Tim didn't response, but stared at her hand then at her.

"You hanging out with them, makes your reputation drop mega low!" she warned.

"My rep is my rep," he snapped.

*~**~**~*

Tim stretched high, meeting Kurt by his locker.

"Hey dude, I'm Kurt." Kurt opened his locker, sticking his books inside. Tim ignored him, taking out a large English book. "See ya around." Kurt took off, leaving Tim alone.