Silveracid Leaks Into A New Life...

"Uh-oh. Looks like that case about the 'Mutant Identity' is back. It's all over this paper."
Sighing deeply, the auburn haired girl stopped what she was doing. Her dark green eyes focused on the girl sitting in the kitchen, across from her. The friend looked up from the table, brushing her solid black hair behind her right ear. The friend's dark blue eyes scanned the rest of the paper.
"What about it this time?" Alexya Wilson spoke softly, pushing her auburn hair behind her shoulder. There was a silence while her best friend still scanned the paper.
"Well," she began flipping the newspaper to another page, "it looks like they're demanding any and all mutants to come up and tell their identity. That's real stupid. Like some mutant is going to go running and say 'Me, me!'" She scanned further. "Listen to this: 'According to Senator Jeebs, a mutant in Kansas was found to be able to walk through walls. Then the question was brought up, 'what if this mutant could walk through a bank vault or even one's house?' Creepy. Well, my opinion on the whole ordeal is, they should capture the mutated being, question them till they cry, stick them in a closed room and watch them starve and go insane, then-"
"Shut up! That's just plain cruel!" Alexya stared hard at her friend then continued taking care of the dinner dishes from the dishwasher. "I mean, mutants are that bad."
"Says you," retorted the girl. Alexya shook off her friends comment. More and more mutants were turning up around the world. From the stories and news about unwanted teens with strange abilities, Alexya found a deep part of her, concerned for them.
A sudden flick of pain surged in her finger tips but was quickly forgotten by her friends words.
"Anyways, why do you have such a tender spot for them? They're so.." her friend's voice faded off with a shudder.
"Same reason why you pick up every stinking stray that you see!" blurted Alexya. She stopped cold, starring at her best friend from across the room. A long silence followed, then Alexya turned, pulling out a plate from the dishwasher and setting it on the cupboard. "Sorry," she mumbled.
"I don't see why you care for them. But that's you." She closed the newspaper and continued munching on the bowl of carrots in front of her. "Hurry up. I want to on line before I have to go." The girl stuck another carrot in her mouth. After a minute of silence, Alexya sighed.
"If I were to turn into a mutant, your best friend, would you call the police or whoever and turn me in?" She dropped the towel and studied the black haired girl's eyes.
"Sure." She remained calm, sticking another vegetable in her mouth. Alexya rolled her eyes, then set the towel down.
"Don't you have a meeting with Greg today?" she brought up.
"I do. But I figure I can see him tonight. Hey, forget about me going on line. I'm calling it a night. See ya at school, Alexya." The girl grabbed her coat and car keys then started out the front door.
"Yeah, see ya." She couldn't believe what her own best friend said. "Mutants aren't that bad. In fact, they're like everyone else, just with a special ability." Flipping the long auburn hair behind her, she left the kitchen and made her way to her room.
In a corner of her room lay a small bookbag with a blue jean material and a pictures of Scooby Doo sewed all over. Alexya planned on going to her friends house for the night, but she wasn't sure now. A slight pain in right finger tips caused her to flinch. Then another, stronger pain, making the girl fall to her knees. She let out a loud scream of pain as she held onto her right hand. No sooner did the pain stopped, the both hands surged with dynamite pain. Tears streamed quickly down her face, faster and faster. What's happening?! Too much pain, too much pain! Alexya rolled over, throwing her hands on the ground. The pain only surged more. More and more until she couldn't take it. But finally, the pain stopped. Sweat dripped from her forehead. Was it really over? She examined the fingers that still lay attached to her hand. Her fingers were swelled, red, and still burned. Through the falling tears, a dark black phone with silver stars printed on it laid on the other side of the room. She stood and called the only person who she knew would, her best friend.
"Yeah?"
"It's me."
"Hi. Still obsessed over the mutants?" her best friend joked on the other line.
"Something's happening to me. I don't know what."
"Let me guess. You met a guy?"
"No."
"You got accepted to Starfleet Academy?"
"No!" Alex wanted to throw the phone down but knew it wouldn't do her any good. "I'm serious."
"Okay, okay. What's wrong?" Threw quick breathes, Alexya explained the scene of her hands. There was a long silence before the girl answered. But it wasn't soon enough, for the pain quickly came back. Alexya threw the phone, hearing her friends voice. The pain was excruciating. With a violent toss, Alexya flung her hands toward the phone. A silver liquid gushed out and drenched the black device. Within seconds the phone was destroyed.
"Acid," croaked Alexya. She looked at her fingers. "Acid came out of my fingers." The word acid went over and over in her head. Then the word mutant over took acid. I'm not a mutant. She could hear her friend's voice talking about the mutants being found everywhere, in her head. "No! I can't accept being a mutant! I'm not a mutant!" Yet all she could hear was her friend saying she'd turn her in if she found out. The rug around the phone was deteriorating. Grabbing her bag, Alexya decided and left the house, for good.
"This is crazy. Where would I run?" Alexya continued down the street. "I'm not running." she assured herself. "Just leaving town before I cause chaos. Maybe my best friend was kidding about turning me in." She hurried down to her house. Even if she did turn her in, there was no other place to run.
"Come in. Come in. And do tell me what happen back at your house?" Flinging her black hair, she shut the door behind Alexya.
"Tell me I'm not a mutant. Please, you're my very, very bestest friend." Alexya grabbed her shoulders.
"Alex, calm down! And let go. I don't know what's happening to you. I wish I did. Let me call a friend that could help. He's a doctor." The girl started to the kitchen still talking. "You remember Justin? My new boyfriend I'm always gushing about. He's got his doctrine degree-" her voice faded as Alexya's mind shut her out. Her fingers still ached. Lifting a finger, Alexya aimed it towards her friend's carpet. Acid sprayed carefully, making a perfect circle.
"What's taking you?" She called, tip toeing towards the kitchen. Her worst nightmare ever came true. Listening at the corner, a tear flowed down her cheek.
"That's right. A real mutant. Her name is Alexya Dawn Wilson... What's that?... She's at my house." More tears flowed as she listened.
"What are best friends for?" She whispered.
"Please officer, come down immediantly. Alexya can spray acid! Real acid from her fingers. I gotta go before she wonders why I'm still talking on the phone and not to her." Alexya came around the corner, facing her friends back. As the phone clicked as the girl turned. She lost her breath to see Alexya staring hard with tears. "Now Alex, listen. I-"
"Don't you ever call me Alex. I can't believe it. My very best friend, the only friend in the world I could tell my deepest darkest secrets to. Why?" There was a silence. "You know, I can kill you right here and now. But I can't. I can't because you're my best friend." Alexya lifted her hand and allowed the acid to squirt out, burning the girl's left arm.
"Ouch! Oh! It burns!" Wailed the girl, teary eyed.
"It's a remembrance of me, best friend!" Alexya turned and ran out of the house, leaving her in pain.
"I'm sorry! Alex, I'm sorry!" she shouted.
*~*
Miles away... at Bayville High School...
*~*
"Dear Journal,
In three weeks, it'll be Independence Day. July is always the hottest month. And boy, do I feel it. Today is hotter then a sauna and I feel like my skin may melt away." Taking a deep breath, a tall student with red ruby sunglasses, set his mechanical pencil down. He lifted his bare arm off the composition book, finding his skin sticking the pages.
"Man, as if it can get any hotter." He mumbled, staring outside. The young senior classman glanced at the waterproof watch on his wrist. "My watch must have stopped. Class has to be over by now." The boy grinned, knowing his watch was right. He ran his sweaty palm through his hair, slicking it back for comfort. The students around him, were busy writing, some on page two.
"If time could possible get any slower today, I think my grandchildren will graduate while I'm sitting in his room, writing in a composition book. Because of the rise in temperature, Bayville High is closing after forth period. My question of the day, 'when will forth end?'" As he continued to log in his miserable thoughts, he felt his chair jerk forward. Ignoring it wasn't the right idea for the jerking continued.
"Scott, do you mind if I borrow an eraser. Mine's gone. Let it rest in peace." A high pitched female voice spoke in a whisper. Scott twisted around, setting the pencil down on her desk. "Your a life savor." The blond girl did a quick job of taking off the unneeded marks then handed it back. Scott Summers fanned himself with the journal, later realizing how much hot air was being blown. His mind wondered back at the institute, where the cold icy pool lay waiting for students to jump in. That's where he would defiantly by after school. Scott was brought back to the hot classroom by a deep pitched bell. School was over.
"And not a minute too soon."
*~*
"Zut!" The freshman's locker slammed shut for the last time that day.
"Watch your language!" the freshman's friend voice rang out behind her.
"Like, that's 'dang' in french," the friend laughed, then turned and walked away. The girl, tucked her hanging bangs behind her ears and touched the top of her head, to reassure herself the ponytail was high and neat. "I didn't think forth would ever end," she mumbled.
"Me either," a familiar male voice caught her off guard. Scott Summers met up with the freshmen then gestured for them to leave. The freshman, Kitty Pryde and the senior, Scott often found them walking to the Institution after school.
"Have any homework?" Kitty asked, slipping on her sunglasses. The distance was usually short when they biked with their friends but being such a nice day, the two walked.
"Not really. Ever since the heat raised to above one hundred degrees, all day's been a free day."
"Like, I think you're over exaggerating on the temperature. And because of this lovely temperature, all my teachers let me off the hook on homework. And like, I'm glad." Kitty's voice trailed off in Scott's head. He knew she talked a lot and didn't mind it. The view of the institute was in sight. He was glad. The air conditioned building was almost calling his name.
"Hey Kitty! Your hot air added to this hot air is making it hotter," he teased, dodging the incoming punch. "Or would you know? You have Earth Science fifth." This time he missed dodging the flying fist. "Ouch!"
*~*
Inside the institute, it was bare, quiet, and homey. The sound of the rolling wheelchair filled the hallway. At an open window, Professor Xavior glanced at the pool. He watched the kids play and literally drown themselves in the coolness. If only he could join them. Professor turned his chair and rolled down the ramp. Faster and faster he went, realizing how much fun it was.
"I guess I can have my own fun," remarked the elderly man.
"What's that Professor?" A tall young lady walked out of a room nearby. Her long white hair swayed back and forth as she faced Professor.
"Ororo. I didn't know you were here."
"Yes, I'm studying for my college exam next week. Is there something I can help you with?" There was a slight paused. "Where is everyone?"
"On a hot day like today, everyone is where the coolest and best place to be is." He motioned towards the window nearby. Ororo looked out, smiling at the fun and excitement everyone seemed to be having. Ororo giggled when she saw one teenager with white bangs being pulled into the large swimming pool by another teenager.
"Everyone seems to be getting closer everyday. It builds teamwork." She smiled again then turned to Professor who had joined her.
*~*
"Hey everyone! Watch this!" A young Native American boy yelled. Jumping high, he rolled into a cannon ball then made a big splash in the pool. Waves pulled some of the teens under, creating laughter. It was the perfect day.
"Nothing can go wrong today. Everything's perfect." A red headed teen spoke. "Over to the left." A pair of hands moved to the left, rubbing white creamy lotion on her back.
"What if I were to pick you up and throw you in the pool, Jean? Would it still be a perfect day?" Scott teased, beginning to pick her up. As an reaction, Jean pushed him away with a thought. Scott flew into the pool, landing next to the teen with white bangs. After regaining his balance, Scott turned to the girl.
"Sorry Rogue. I was, uh, pushed in." He smiled then started to crawl out. Rogue turned to see the blue furred creature, who pulled her in, floating under the sun.
"That's why you think," she gained up on him, creating a shadow over his face. Kurt slowly opened his eyes.
"Rogue!" He screamed, losing his balance. Rogue jumped, putting her weight on his shoulders and causing his to go down. She didn't have a grip on his long for the blue creature disappeared and reappeared beside her. The grin on his face was evil as he started for her. Rogue laughed and dodged his attempt to push her under.
"Like come on Jean. The waters fine," Kitty called, throwing a handful of water on Jean. Sputtering from the coldness, Jean glared at Kitty who was smiling wide. Kitty motioned at Scott who was watching the other kids. Nodding Jean stood and helped Kitty out of the pool.
"This is so sneaky," Whispered the red headed girl.
"I know." Instantly, the two girls gave a shove to the tall teen and watched him fall helplessly into the ice cold water. Everyone turned to see the fall.
"Great job Scott. That's using your head!" Evan called diving under.
"Alright!" Kurt dove under after Scott. Sputtering, Scott rose to the surface. He glared at the girls but didn't a chance to stare long for he went back under from a hand that gripped his ankle. Behind the two girls, Kurt popped in quietly. Scott came back up.
"Alright now!" He turned to face the girls who were still laughing. Noticing Kurt, he moved out of the way. With a strong forceful push, both girls went flying into the water.
*~*
Pushing a few buttons, the bald man scowled. He jammed down a few more.
"This shouldn't be." Replacing the Cerebro, Professor focused his mind. The institute grew far away from his mind. Traveling ten, no eleven miles away from the building, he found himself looking into buying an old cheap apartment. Cerebro gave him outside eyes that followed the mutant's eye up the two flights of stairs and into the room number 007. His mind sensed her pain. Following the Cerebro directing eyes, he found her image in a mirror, she was looking at. The girl starring into it was crying, her dark green eyes lost the sparkle, and her hair clung to her from the sweat. She had long flowing auburn hair and a slim figure.
Instantly the Institute was back in view. Professor wheeled his chair around.
"Ororo!" he called. No answer. His mind scanned for her brain waves. "Ororo!" He called again. She came around the corner instantly.
"What's wrong?"
"Are Scott, Kurt, and-" he paused thinking of the situation the computer told of the girl, "-and Kitty still outside?"
"I'm sure they are. Burning themselves to death. Why?"
"Cerebro has picked up on a mutant. A girl. I'll give you the details later. Please assemble the team." Before Ororo had a chance to acknowledge, Professor turned and started back to the Cerebro. Ororo sighed, then quickly met the sun as she walked the pool.
"Scott! Kurt! Kitty! Professor wishes to see you!"
Professor brought up some images he thought would be most fit able for where the kids were getting ready to go. He gathered three images on the Cerebro just in time for them to walk in.
"Are you we in trouble?" Kurt quickly jumped. He flipped his tail, popping in on the other side of Scott. Professor turned quickly to hide his grin.
"Cerebro has picked up a run away-"
"Aren't all teens that are like, new at being this mutant stuff, run aways?" Kitty asked. There was a silence in the large room, putting the spotlight on Kitty. "Maybe I was just a run away." She looked at the ground, studying the surface and hoping to get the attention off her.
"No, Rogue vas one. Remember?" Kurt reminded her. Kitty blushed, turning her attention fully on Professor.
"Yes Kitty. Most teens who begin experiencing these mutant abilities do become afraid and run. This is a girl. Her name is Alexya Wilson. She's about eleven miles south of here in a hotel called Sunset Blues. I need the three of you to get her. Be aware, she can throw acid at you that can harm you permanently."
"Like, can I take a rain check?" Kitty threw in, under her breath. Scott was the only one who heard her and let out a soft laughter.
"How are we suppose to get her? Just walk up and grab her?" Scott puzzled.
"I have some extra money and appropriate clothes. You three will be having a short vacation." Professor smiled.
"Like, so much for swimming," muttered Kitty grabbing the bundle of clothes.
*~*
"There's nothing to do in this crummy place." Alexya whined. She flipped through the eight channel the TV contained. "Western, western, sports, news, soaps, news, blah, blah, boring." Alexya threw the remote across the small room.
The room was the size of her bedroom but with a bathroom added.
"I could call someone." She suggested, glancing at the phone. "But then again, who would want to talk to me. Everyone's scared of me, or will be scared of me." She turned her head.
*~*
"This is it?" Kitty shuddered as she examined the old building. Tall and clean as it look, the place was in the middle of no where and looked pathetic. Kitty shuddered again then followed the two in. It was musty smelling it didn't look in the best condition on the inside.
"Alexya would pick the worst, wouldn't she?" Scott commented. He faced Kitty and continued. "Without being noticed, check out what floor and room Alexya is on. Hurry." Within a second, Kitty glanced at the man and disappeared through the ceiling.
"Man, ve're living here? How long?" Kurt whispered. Scott sighed.
"Until she comes with us, I guess. Professor packed for four days. Let's hope she comes sooner. I don't think I can stand two days."
"I can. I've been in the Institute longer and I've been with you." Kurt laughed, dodging Scott's flying fist.
"Can I help you?" the old man wheezed from behind the counter. "Weren't there a pretty youngen with you? A pretty lil' girl?" he wheezed again.
"Yes sir. She's, uh, checking something out," Scott quickly spoke. The man shrugged and continued working. Scott looked at Kurt.
"Great cover," spoke the shorter one.
"Room 007 on the second floor." A female voice spoke, startling the boys. Scott turned, glaring at Kitty who was grinning from ear to ear. He walked over to the man.
"We'd like two rooms," the oldest spoke. The registration man grunted.
"What floor?"
"Second. Preferably 006 and 008." There was a silence as the man blinked slowly. He stared at Scott as if Scott was a disease. "Whatever room will be fine," Scott finally said.
"Room 006 will be for the pretty young lady," he paused handing her a blue key ring with a key then shoved her an open book. "Fill this out." Kitty looked at the book. The line above hers was the name Alex D. Wilson. She scribbled her name and reached for the key. "Money?" He pulled the key back. Kitty looked at Scott.
"This is together." He reached out for the book and put his John Hancock inside then gave it to Kurt. Kurt struggled with the pencil, turning his back. The man starred at Kurt.
"He hates people watching him sign. Gives Kurt the creeps," Kitty jumped in. Grunting, the man gave the silver colored key chain with a key on it to Scott.
"$3.50 per room, per night, per person," the man spoke, grabbing the book. His eyes scanned the last three lines. "Kitty, Scott, and Kurt? Hope your stay is pleasant. There's no continental breakfast but down the road is a restaurant called Jane's Kitchen. Best food ever." He took the money from Scott then flipped the newspaper in his lap. Scott grabbed his bags and started up stairs. Kurt followed till out of sight, then popped out of sight. Kitty rolled her eyes.
*~*
In Scott's room, Kurt blasted the air conditioner on his side of the bed.
"Ja! Cold air. Maybe dis place ain't so bad," Kurt said, relaxing on the bed. Scott threw his bags down then started out the door. "Hey vhere are you going?" Kurt jumped up to join Scott.
"To Kitty's then next door." He and Kurt knocked on Kitty's. There was no answer. "Kitty?" Scott asked. Again, no answer. Scott turned to Kurt and nodded. Kurt popped out of sight and within seconds opened the door from the other side.
The room was neat, with Kitty's belongings on the bed. The music on the radio, was playing softly.
"Already made herself a home," Scott said, stunned. A door, that connected to room 007 was wide open. Scott walked forward, hearing voices on the other side.
"Like, maybe you would join us for ice cream."
"Yeah, I hear Jane's Kitchen is pretty good. Maybe she's got some homemade ice cream."
Scott walked in with Kurt, startling the girl with auburn hair.
"Hey Alexya, this is Scott and Kurt, like I told you about," she grinned, sitting up. "Like, I forgot you guys were two doors down. I opened this door and startled her." Scott leaned against the doorway. The room became quiet.
"More like she just walked through the door, startling me," Alexya corrected. "Made me realize we have something in common. You guys will be bored to death here. It's like, gross and boring." She told about the eight channels and poor service.
"Let's go for ice cream," Kitty chipped in. "Scott's treat." Her and Alexya started down stairs, leaving Scott and Kurt behind.
"Vomen!" Kurt said, leading the way.
*~*
After two days of getting to know the girl, Scott decided it was time to tell her about the institute.
"Hey Alex," he started, "uh, where do you intend to stay?"
"I guess here," she dropped her head, imagining living there. "I'd have to get a job to pay rent."
"No vay! You can come vith us!" Kurt grabbed his bottled soda and sipped it.
"Vhere, I mean where?" She turned to Kurt.
"At the-" Kurt began.
"-a place where any rejects like us, and-" Scott butt in, but paused.
"-you are allowed to stay. It's fun and free! Pofessor's got dis big pool with ice cold vater and everyone gets a room with a roommate," Kurt finished Scott's sentence. Alexya turned to Kitty who was nodding. "Though, my roommate could chill out once in a vhile!" he added.
"I know. Mine too. It's like, totally impossible nor healthy to get close to her," Kitty joined.
"Thanks for the pep talk but, I don't know."
"Come on! You'll really like it. Like, I'm sure Jean will let you bunk with her," Kitty said, leaning forward in Scott's car.
"Who's Jean?"
"She's another one of us. She has telekinetic powers." Scott turned left, parking in front of the hotel.
"Maybe I'll check it out," Alexya seemed shy as she entered the building first.
*~*
"Have you heard from Scott?" Rogue asked, leaning against Jean's door.
"No, but Professor says they're making a lot of process. Kitty seems to have bonded with her. So, everything should turn out okay," Jean didn't seem to sure of herself as the two girls made their way down the fleet of stairs.
"Jean, Scott's on the phone." Professor's voice called to her in her mind.
"Scott's on the phone. Come on, we can talk to him." Jean grabbed Rogue's gloved hand and dragged her into Professor's study room. "Hello?... Hey Scott..." her voice trailed as her smiled increased.
"Ah'm guessing she's comin' our way?" Rogue asked Professor.
"Yes. It seems Kurt and Kitty have made a great impact on her life." Professor showed a picture of the girl.
"She's pretty. What about Scott?"
"Scott's there to make sure everything goes to plan-" Professor was cut off by Jean, handing the phone to Rogue.
"Scott?... Hey, how's it goin'?..."
"I'm glad that she's coming," Jean said, tucking a strand of red behind her ear.
"Yes, and she'll be bunking with you, if you don't mind." Professor wheeled to his desk, grabbing some papers on top. "If she should join, I've got her a schedule of her old school she'll be continuing." He passed the sheet to Jean.
"Yeah, she can bunk with me." Jean scanned the sheet. "Oh, we have chemistry and history together."
"Alright, bye Scott." Rogue hung the phone up. "She's coming tanight to check out the room and she'll decide tomorrow if she stays or goes back to Roach Hotel."
"I thought if was Sunset Blues." Jean asked, handing the schedule back to Professor.
"It is. But Scott says he saw at least ten roaches in one night."
*~*
Scott grabbed his last bag and started for the car.
"You girls ready?" he hollered, once outside.
"Hey!" protested Kurt, sitting in back with Alexya. Alexya smiled, handing her bookbag over to Scott.
"Kitty's handing our keys." Alexya straightened her light blue, sleeveless shirt. "Here she comes," Alexya looked up, seeing Kitty.
"Paid and ready to roll out of here!" Kitty jumped into the front seat, blasting the music.
"Kitty!" Scott turned it down, then pulled out.
Inside the hotel, the old guy slowly walked from behind the counter. Taking a deep breath, the old flesh and clothing on the short man, peeled off, revealing the dark blue skinned, red haired, and white clothes lady, Mystique.
"Boys," she called through an intercom.
"Come in," a voice replied.
"They're on the roll. Take over and don't forget to bring the girl with us," she hissed, dropping the walkie-talkie.
*~*
The scenery whizzed by as Alexya starred outside. She couldn't believe she'd been noticed and was loved. Her feeling about Kitty were cool, but she wasn't sure about the other two. A beach view came up as the smell of the sea filled her nostrils.
"Smell the sea air," she said, inhaling more.
"Smells good," Kurt replied. "Uh, Alex. I, uh-" He looked at his holo-generated watch. Alexya looked over, noticing him fidgeting with it.
"Isn't that one of the watches with a holographic image?" she asked. Kurt nodded, pushing some black strands behind his ear.
"Trouble ahead!" Scott yelled, coming to a stop. Three guys stood, blocking the way. A over-heavyset was in the rear, his arms closed and a wicked smile. Leaning on his left, was a thin, white haired boy. Directly in front of the two, seemed to be the leader.
"Thought we'd invite the girl for a picnic," the leader smiled. "Right after we rock your world!" He lifted his hand, bringing sudden earthquakes their way. The car started heading toward the edge.
"Everyone out! Now!" Scott yelled, jumping from the driver's door. Kitty screamed, closing her eyes. The car faded right through her, taking a soft crash from the sand below. "Oh! My car!" Kurt popped beside him, holding onto Alexya's wrist.
"Hey there pretty girl," a voice spoke from behind Alexya. She turned to see the thin one with white slicked hair standing against the rocks. He ran back to the front, leaving a silver blur.
"Quicksilver, known for speed," whispered Scott. "Avalanche, sends earthquakes."
"What about the big one?" Alexya asked, walking forward.
"Blob," he paused, letting her mind figure out what he was known for.
"Like, grow up. Any girl who would want to have a picnic with a bunch of losers, is crazy!" Kitty hollered diving at Avalanche. The two went flying back, hitting the side of the ledge.
"Bad idea kitten!"
Kurt watched as Blob came running his and Scott's way. "Vhen vill they learn?" he muttered, popping on top of Blob. He covered the Blob's eyes, making him turned around, and smack whatever he could. Scott took the opportunity and shot a blast at him, sending the big guy falling backward. "Bye!" Kurt popped out of the way before hitting the concrete.
Alexya walked back, until she hit the rocks.
"We don't want to hurt you," Quicksilver said, trapping her. "We're just like you. Rejects. Go with those freaks and you have to go to school-"
"Don't you go to school?" Alexya butt in.
"Yeah, sure. But we ain't forced. Not to mention, you have to do training everyday!" Quicksilver motioned to the X-Men. "Look at them. Your friends, Scott and Kurt are losing to Blob," he paused long enough to show Blob throwing Kurt into Scott. "-then there's your other little friend, Kitty," Avalanche sent her flying with a hard quake. "See? We don't train and we're whipping their butts."
"Hey!" she butt in again. "So? Don't mean I want to be with a bunch of untrained, undisciplined, pathetic-" she pushed off the wall, making Quicksilver back up. His eyes got bigger, as he listened. "-immature, stupid looking freaks," the fighting seemed to stop as everyone turned to Alexya, "-who think they can boss around anyone just because their bigger!" She yelled, pushing him away. "Your persuasive little pathetic essay didn't work. F minus!" She turned and stared at the car, that was still parked awkwardly on the sand below.
"Uh, we ain't that bad," was all Quicksilver could say.
"Alright Alex!" Kitty cheered.
"Fine!" Quicksilver yelled. He walked up to the girl, and started whispering. "Fine, if you should change your mind, we'll be at school. We'll forgive your little attitude because you don't know us. You're scared. I know you are. You're just trying to bully me off. It didn't work, Alex," he hissed then turned away. "Lance, Fred! Let's go. Losers are ones who work for X-Freaks!" The three boys disappeared as they walked around the corner.
"Vow. That vas great!" Kurt cheered Alex on with Kitty. Scott looked down at his car.
"Now about my car." Alexya looked down as well. She lifted her hand, and made a slick path of acid leading to the street.
"Get in and start driving. I'll block the path behind you, incase you don't make it all the way up," she said, making rails on the path. The three got in and started up.
*~*
"Thanks for the hand Alex," Scott adjusted his mirror, getting a better image of her. She blushed looking down. They turned the corner, leading to the institute. Scott still watched as her eyes became large.
"That's a mansion?!" Her voice was weak, as she starred hard. "Geez! You mentioned an institute, and I pictured a crummy institute, like the one off of Oliver Twist, but this?!"
"Pretty sweet, huh?" Scott stopped the car and grabbed his bags.
"Sweet ain't the word, Scott."
"Hi!" Jean came outside.
"That's Jean. Your roommate, if you should stay." Scott introduced the red head.
"If? Where did you get an 'if' from?" Alexya shook Jean's hand. "So, I was told there was a description, in your room was a beautiful view of the beach. I get the bed closest to it." Alexya smiled, grabbing her bags.
*~*TO BE CONTINUED*~*