Notes: Gaia Moore © Francis Pascal.
Gaia Moore befriends a lonely mutant. A Simple Gesture Gaia sat down on a set of stairs leading to an apartment building. It was early morning and the sun hadn`t even risen yet. She had been out all night and didn`t feel like going back home now. She unwrapped the burger she had just bought. Something underneath the stairs moved catching her attention. She stood up and tried to see what it was. It`s form was some what concealed by the darkness but she could make out what looked like a human sized porcupine."Huh," she whispered, not believing what she saw. It crawled out into the dim light and looked at the burger. Gaia could see it better and realized that it did resemble a porcupine except it was a dull red color. It was staring at her food like it was starving. Gaia handed the burger to it. It practically inhaled the burger. "Wow, I guess you needed that more than me. Can you talk?" There wasn`t any response. "I guess not." It looked at Gaia and smiled hugely. Gaia smiled back. "I guess you came to me because you know about me. A normal person would`ve ran screaming from you but I won`t. And here`s an added bonus: You can trust me," Gaia said to it. Gaia accidently brushed her arm against it. Just that slight amount of skin contact sliced Gaia`s arm open. "Ow!," she screamed. The creature didn`t even flinch when she yelled. "Hey," she yelled at it, just to make sure what she was thinking was true. It just stared at her. "Oh you`re deaf," Gaia said, a liitle surprised. She shrugged. "Oh well, atleast this way I can tell you anything and not worry about you running your mouth off about my secret. I`m a mutant. Not like the rest of them, though. I don`t have powers or an extra gene," she said, shaking her head. "No, not me. My mutation came artificially. See my dad is this bigwig government guy and he agreed that they could experiment something on me. They manipulated my genes and made it possible for me to live without the fear gene. So hear I am. The Fearless One."