The Whacked - Out Date!

by Odeena Skywalker


A / N: Yet another fic written for Roguematrix's challenge. This time, it's about Rogue and Gambit, and... well, other stuff. I'm too sleepy to say what it is right now. Feedback would be appreciated.

~

It was a warm and lazy summer afternoon. Things were quiet around the Institute for once, with almost everyone gone out to the beach. The only ones left 'at home' were Logan, Hank, Rogue, Jubilee, and, of course, Professor X. At the moment, Logan was taking a nap, Hank and the Professor were playing chess, and Rogue and Jubilee were surfing on the Internet; more precisely, chatting on mIRC.

'How's it going?' Rogue read on her computer screen. It was a pop-up message from ^sparky01^. This was Jubilee's nick.

'I'm having sooo much fun', Rogue typed in reply.

'Really.' Jubilee sent back a smiley face. 'Same here.'

'Just playing. There's only a few joks online, and they both stink.'

'Naturally.' Another smiley face popped up. 'It's not like many guys would want to waste their time on mIRC with this weather.'

'Feel sorry you didn't go with them?'

'Nah. I'm still sunburnt from the last time, plus Ray nearly drowned me then. No, thank you.'

'Good thing that could never happen to me.' It was Rogue's turn to send a smiley. 'Hold on, there's somebody who wants to chat with me.'

'I'm holding.'

Rogue clicked on the flashing nick, Remy. Now who would use that nick? she thought as she typed the usual 'Hi - asl pls' thing.

'Hey there!' The screen lit up with a big, bright smiley face. 'Found you, Rogue!'

'How do you... oh no, not you!'

'Yup, it's Remy. Gotcha' again.'

'Yeah, again. How do you do it?'

'Well, who else would be online with this weather?'

'You', Rogue typed in promptly and sent in a little smiley.

'Touché', Remy typed back. 'I'm guessing you're bored stiff.'

'I am.'

'Me too. How about we meet and... uh, catch a snack somewhere?'

'Cool! When?'

'Right now?'

'Okay! Where?'

'At that cool diner near Bayville High?'

'Cool! It'll take me about fifteen minutes to get there. That OK?'

'OK, I'm on my way.'

'Mee too.'

Rogue shut down the computer with a kick and rushed to the closet, humming a Celine Dion theme to herself as she rummaged through her clothes.

~

[Meanwhile, at the Brotherhood & Acolytes house...]

"Heads!"

Lance flipped a coin, then glanced at it. "You loose, Toad. It's tails."

"Damn." Todd cursed under his breath, then looked at Lance, "Do it again. This time I pick tails."

Lance shrugged and flipped the coin again. "Tails."

"Aw, man, this ain't my day!" Todd grumbled out pathetically.

From the couch, Pietro gave him a glance, "I second that. I'm bored stiff over here!"

"Well, duh. Especially since a certain someone broke the TV-set."

"Yeah. And all that 'cause the goof thought we were laughin' at him."

"Which we were, Todd. Well, you, anyway", Lance cut in.

"So sue me."

"I will."

"Okay."

"Yeah, fine then."

Silence.

"Hey Toad, open a window, will you? I'm melting down here!" Pietro said suddenly.

"Why me?"

"Because I said so. Come on, move it!"

Todd sighed, then leapt to the window and opened it widely.

"Hey look, French-Fry's goin' out."

"Where's he heading on this heat?" Lance wondered out loud.

"Aw, it's no biggie. He's got a date with Rogue at the diner."

"How do you know that?"

"Caught him chattin' on mIRC with her earlier today. Heck, some guys are lucky."

"Yeah." Lance glanced at Pietro and noticed a strange look on his face. "Hey Speedy, you okay?"

Pietro grinned evilly. "Yeah, I'm OK. But I think we just got lucky."

"Whaddya mean, lucky?"

"Get your wheels ready, I'll explain on the way. All I can say is that we're about to have the time of our lives."

~

[A few minutes later, in front of the diner...]

Rogue had been pacing around for more than ten minutes. Remy was being late - 'like any self-respecting guy would', Rogue thought to herself. She sighed, looked at her watch, then sighed again. 'I hate men', she thought. 'I really, really-'

Suddenly, someone caught her from behind and covered her eyes. "Guess who!" a voice whispered seductively in her ear. "And don't worry, I'm wearing gloves."

"Sure you are, Remy. Wouldn't like any of your thoughts in my head."

Rogue turned around and smiled. "You're late."

"Sorry. I had some... uh, trouble with Toad."

"Don't we all." Rogue motioned to the door. "Shall we?"

"Sure. After you."

Both of them entered the diner. Remy glanced around. "Hey, we're in luck! There's nobody else here!"

"Wow, imagine that." Rogue headed for the counter. "Well, let's order something. I'm beat."

"Okay. I'll have a chicken sandwich", Remy told the saleswoman.

"Me too. And make it a fresh one, with lots of ketchup and mustard."

"Got it. Hold on, I'll bring them right over."

After that, both Rogue and Remy sat down at a table.

"So, care to chat?" Remy asked, a wide grin spreading across his face.

"Do I? I got some stuff that I know you'll be falling out of the chair when you hear it."

"Try me."

"Okay. You know that guy, Ray Crisp? Well, yesterday he..."

~

[Meanwhile, in the kitchen...]

"Well, that was easy." Todd yawned. "Too easy. So, what's the plan again?"

"Simple. We pretend to be the cooks and prepare those two our very own recipe for 'chicken surprise', since they both ordered chicken. Blob!" Pietro shouted suddenly. "Quit eating everything!"

"Too late, man. He leveled the food," Lance said with a sigh.

"Great! What to we do now?" Todd grumbled. No chicken means no prank!"

"Pietro, can't you just, you know, go search for somehting?"

"On it." Pietro zoomed out, and, in a matter of seconds, he was back, and holding... a real live chicken. "How's that?"

"Quit fooling around!" Lance shouted, and the floor began to tremble. "Go and find some real chicken sandwiches!"

"Okay, okay... Touchy", Pietro grumbled as he zoomed out. Again, he was back after a few seconds, holding a warm chicken sandwich in each hand.

"Nice job." Lance grinned evilly. "And now for the 'special' ingredient..." he went on as he slipped some powder into both sandwiches. "There. Two chicken sandwiches ready!" he shouted then.

A girl came in, grabbed the two sandwiches and sped out.

"Now what?" Todd asked. "I mean, how long before that thingy takes its effect?"

"The effect is instant. I'm telling you, we're gonna have the time of our lives with these two."

"What does that stuff do, Lance?" Freddy asked.

"It's a sleeping powder. They're gonna catch Zs faster than you can say 'Brotherhood.'"

"Really? Cool!"

"Yeah. Now come on, get ready for the laugh of your lives."

~

[In the meantime...]

"So. You're saying Scott Summers got his car repainted, hmm?"

"Yeah! It's all pink, now."

"And who did it?"

"Nobody knows. All he found was a red sock pinned to the rear view."

"Wow. That's a distinctive mark."

Both of them laughed. Just then, a girl showed up and laid the two sandwiches on the table.

"Thanks", Remy said, then immediately took a bite. "Mmm. Delicious. Aren't you gonna eat yours?"

"Let me finish the story first."

"There's more to it?"

"Sure there is. Apparently, someone's taken Scott for his personal amusement guy. You know my room is just across the corridor from Scott's. Well, the next day, early in the morning - I was still snoozing - suddenly I heared: 'Ring around the rosey, ring around the rosey!' Someone had recorded the song, then left the stereo in Scott's room and played it afterwards. I'm telling you, it went like that for about five minutes, until I heard a big boom, and then... Remy? Remy, are you OK?"

"I'm... I don't... uuuuh..."

Before Rogue's stunned gaze, Remy's head dropped on the table, and he began to snore lightly.

Rogue was speechless. Suddenly, she heard a faint chuckle coming from the kitchen...

~

[Meanwhile, in the kitchen...]

"Did you see that?" Todd was in hysterics. "Dropped like a stone!" With that, he broke out laughing.

"Yeah, I'm good, aren't I", Pietro said with a snicker.

"What about Rogue?" Freddy asked. "I mean, she didn't eat her sandwich!"

"Not yet. Don't worry, she-"

Suddenly, the door burst open, and Rogue rushed in. "What's going on h-you! What are you doing here?"

Todd backed away slowly until he hid behind Freddy. "Oh crap," he muttered.

"So, what's it to you?" Pietro asked in a supperior tone. "I mean, we're both on different sides, did you know?"

"No, I didn't", Rogue mocked, approaching Pietro and taking off one of her gloves. "But guess what. I'm gonna find out. From - you!" With that, she put her hand on his face, instantly absorbing his abilities.

"Oh... crap", was all Pietro could say, before he fell to the floor, unconscious.

"And now for the rest of you." Suddenly, frying pans, plates, knives, pitchforks and anything else light enough to be thrown began flying at Lance, Todd and Freddy.

"Damn it, retreat!" Lance shouted as he tried to avoid the incoming projectiles. "Freddy, grab Pietro and - ouch! - let's go!"

"On it!" Freddy tossed Pietro on his shoulder, and, with Toad perking on his other shoulder, rushed out, with Lance on his heels. Only then, the blur that had been speeding around the kitchen turned back into Rogue. The goth girl grinned, then rushed back to the table where Remy was just starting to come to his senses.

"Whoa. What happened?" he muttered sleepily. "My head..."

"You just fell asleep for a second, it's no biggie. I mean, it's not like you missed anything."

"Oh. Um, aren't you gonna eat your sandwich?"

"No thanks, I'm not hungry any more. By the way, did I tell you about that time when Amara and Jubilee stole Ray's hairgel?..."