Price For Power
by:Alexa

Author's note :The setting is in season 2 after Power Surge.The story is about Alexa ,a 16 year old mutant and about the price she has to pay because she's a mutant.Hope you'll enjoy.

Suggestions are welcomed at bluestormwitch@yahoo.com .

Italics are telepathy.

Alexa©me (Alexa)

X-Men © Marvel

Chapter 1: Just an ordinary day...

NEW YORK CITY

It was summer.The sun was throwing waves of heat into the earth . The tall building colored in grey looked pathetic.The classroom even if it was colored in blue recently you could see that it was old. The furniture ,the walls even the teacher…she was tall,dressed in black , with glasses.Sitting at the front desk reading and watching the students she was the nightmare of the tired students.They were writing on their notebooks slowly. One girl was different from the others .She didn't gave a damn about the math class. Laid back on her chair Alexa Stelansky was looking at the window and thought at all the things she did that day. "This is what I call a boring class . On a hot summer day like this " she looked outside at the sun " Miss Brownye wants me to write problems?Wait this is more stupid that the other classes . What's next ?A class how about not to hurt my self home ?"she thought as she was counting the seconds until the end of the class.

"Stelansky!" the teacher voice yelled behind Alexa "You don't enjoy my class?"she added softly.

"No! I mean yes...I was thinking at the problem ."Alexa's surprised voice answered . The teacher made a sign to sit down."Yeah ,right…I don't have nothing better to do that resolving idiot problems with an idiot-"she thought but the bell ringing interupted her "-teacher."

All the students hurried to get up and go before Mrs. Brown find more homeworks for them .One thought was into their minds."FINALLY OVER!!!". Even for Alexa who was the first at the door but the teacher said the words that she didn't wanted to hear ,to stay there cause she had to speak with her. Alex knew what will follow.Another discution about her attitude. Exactly what she needed most... She turned to the teacher with a ' what do you want now ' look and tried to smile.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Kall,wait for me !"

"Alex where have you been ?"

"You don't know ? Miss Brownye called me ."

"Why?"

"The same .My attitude at her class."

"And?"

"And what ?"

"You're planning to change or no?"

"Change?Did I heard the word change ? I thought that you know me better then this."

"I know Alex but you're full of surprises ."

"Yes ,but not my style to change."Alex made a short pause and then added "Nope…Definitely not my style ."

"I should know this already."

"Anyway… You're dating Terry tonight,no?"

" Who?"

"Don't hide it cause I heard all !"

"Yes I'm going out with him."

"Good for you."

"Alex!" a female voice called.The two girls turned to saw a girl dressed in a pink suit with black hair and grey eyes comming.

"Tanya.How nice to see you ."Alex said sarcastic.

"Hi Alex.You'll never guess what just happened to me!"Tanya said.

"What?Your mother is buying you a car ?"Kall entered in the discution.

"No!" Tanya answered.

"No!It's about …What is his name again?"Alex said trying to remember.

"Luke!"Tanya jumped.

"That's right!What's with him?"Alex asked.

"Well you know that I like him a lot ."Alex and Kall nodded "He asked me out! "Tanya started to jump up and down.

"Tan ,stop with the jumping! Here he comes."Alex said turning Tanya to see him."He's here?!?Girls how do I look?"Tanya said nervously.

"Cute."Alex said smiling."Now go to him !" she pushed Tanya .

"I hate color pink."Alex said suddenly still looking after Tanya.

"What?" Kall asked surprised as she looked in the other direction."Look who's coming!"she showed three boys.

"Oh ,great!I have a perfect day!"Alexa said looking at them.

"Hi weirdie !"the one who seemed their leader spoke.

"What do you want Juliet ?"Alexa said.

"First :I don't want you to tell me Juliet .My name is James . You don't hear too good or you don't want to?"

"I don't want to .Any problem?"

"Okay.If you want it this way. Second:You're not forgetting something ?"

"Something like what?"

"Inviting me out."

Alexa's eyes widdened as she started to laugh.

"In your dreams !You don't know that I hate losers?"

"If you'll call me loser once again I'll- "

"You'll what?You'll put your friends to beat me?Please..."

"I'll have my revenge!"

"Is this threating ?"

"Take it how you want it . I will have my revenge."

"I'm waiting…"Alexa smiled in his face.

"I hate you !"he yelled.

"Then we're two."Alexa said with a smile. James left followed by his two friends.

"Pathetic."Alex said "Let's go Kall !This is a waste of time."she added and pulled Kall after her.

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 2 :What am I ?

"Bye Kall . See you tomorow. "Alex said to her friend and then continued her way home. Suddenly her head started to hurt, all the things seemed to move around her . She fell into her knees . All the people gathered there. An old woman tried to help her but when she touched her ,Alexa turned her head and looked at the woman. Her eyes were glowing in a light blue .The old woman steped back scared.Alexa turned her head again to the ground and started to breath harder and harder.Then she fell down unconscious.

"Oh,God.My head…"Alex said with a weak voice raising from the bed then realizing that she didn't knew where she was or what she was doing there."Where am I?"she said loud.In the next moment a familiar face entered into the room looking at her.

"Kall?! What am I doing here ? "she asked.

"You're at my house .Don't remember the details?"the other girl answered.

"No.What happened?Why am I here ?"Alex asked again walking towards her friend.

"You fell unconcious in the middle of the road."Kall answered.

"What?"she jumped."I have to get home .What's the hour ?"

"5 P.M."

"Oh,God . Mother 's gonna kill me ."she added and got out from the room more running then walking.

"Wait for me !"Kall yelled running after her.

Alex runned trough the streats without looking."Only two more streats and I'm home ."she thought.But it wasn't like that .When she passed the streat she stopped. The people looked strange at her,several cars stopped before hiting her but she was there in the middle of the road in her knees without even looking at something. Her eyes were closed tight not wanting to be opened .

"Stop ! I can't take it anymore!"she yelled as she got up and opened her eyes.

They were again lighted in a blue color.Her hands lighted too and started to project a blue form of energy that surrounded the cars that were around her.

She lifted her both hands .All the cars that were surrounded with that energy rose from the ground . Screams were heard but Alexa didn't cared , she seemed uncontrolable,crazy, mad but nobody knew that she wanted to stop but she couldn't. Suddenly she heared a voice in her head that said to her that she can stop ,she can control her powers. All stopped. Her hands and her eyes become normal ,the voice dissapeared,the energy vanished ,the cars fell down,all was normal excepting the fact that all those people that were there looked at her like she was a fifty head monster.Alex realized why … And a fifty head monster was more normal that this .She made few steps back then started to run . The only one who folowed her was Kall.

BAYVILLE,THE INSTITUTE

"Nothing yet Charles ?"Ororo asked as she walked into Cerebro's room.

"No."professor Xavier answered ."Where are the students?"He added.

"The new recruits are training in the yard with Beast , Wolverine and Cyclops,the girls are shopping and the others are at a movie ."Storm said.

"Seems that they're having fun ."

"Warning.Discovery.Mutant signature detected .Name: Alexa Stelansky.Power :Multiform energy.Recidence

:New York City. Age:16 . Transformation:Incomplete."Cerebro flashed.

"A potential student…and she's in trouble. " the professor said as he putted his hands on his forehead.

"What kind of problems?"Storm asked.

"Control.She can't control her powers."he answered."Alexa control your powers!I know that you can do it . You can stop."

"I'll go after the students ."Ororo said as she walked away.

"Ororo wait." Professor said .Storm stopped and turned ."She stopped but we'd better send the girls to handle it.You'll go with them."

"Okay Charles."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ Chapter 3:No more lies !

The alley was empty. It was evening,it was dark . A lonely figure could be seen there walking. Alexa Stelansky was desperate .What was happening with her ,what a heck was she ?What she did there it wasn't normal,she knew it ,Kall knew it ,all those people knew it.She rose her her eyes from the ground and saw her house."What I'll say to them?"she whispered as she crossed the streat .The streat…That made her to remember what she did earlier.What her family will say when they'll hear?Sure,they'll not be happy.Alexa entered . Her mother was in the kitchen."Please God,I don't want to see me ,please!" She thought as she passed the kitchen door ."Alexa!"her mother shouted "Come here ."

"Yes mother…"

"Where have you been ? Hope not into those clubs or something."

"You never cared !Why now ?"

"Sure I care ! That's why I'm asking you where have you been ."

"Just out raising some cars into the air with some blue , strange energy and hearing a strange voice into my head telling me to stop . I know you think that I'm crazy but it's true . I'm a freak and now I can't go out cause the people that saw me ,and they are many I tell you , will look at me like at a fifty head monster ! Satisfied ?"

"Why now?" was the only thing that Alexa's mother could say.

"What ?"

"I know that it's true . Maybe you're asking yourself what you are . I'll tell you! You're a mutant! A mutant ! If you don't know what a mutant is then I'll explein it to you .It's a human with special abilities but since it has special abilities it is no longer consindered a human and it's considered a mutant , a mistake of the nature!"

"You knew that this will happen?" Alexa's mother nodded. "You knew ?And you didn't told me ?How could you? I know that I never was the perfect daughter like Anna and you and the rest of the family never loved me but to hide this?I hate you!"

"You don't have to love us .You're not our daughter or Anna's sister !" Alexa's eyes widdened ."You are here cause we felt sorry for you when that poor woman brought you and told us that you're a mutant , that you're hunted and that your mother is dead. We agreed that you can stay here until your powers will appear.Now it's time to go!"

"No problem ... mother!"Alex said angry and opened the front door and went out."I hate you all…" she thought."You shouldn't ." the voice that said to her earlier to stop spoke. "Huh? Who are you?" she said looking around nervously.

"Don't look around,I'm in your mind. I'm Charles Xavier, a telepath."Alexa's eyebrow rose. "A what ?"she asked in her thoughts. "A telepath .I can project my thoughts into your mind and I can read your thoughts."

"So you were in my mind earlier…"

"Yes. Look Alexa ,I can help you .I own a Institute where are mutants like you. You have to know that you're not alone."

"And where is this Institute?"

"In Bayville.But don't worry I'm sending the X-Men after you."

"X-Men ?"

"Yes. That's their team name ."

"So if I come I'll be a X-Man?"

"Yes."

"I don't have a choice anyway."

"You do have a choice.If you don't like the Institute you can leave.All what I'm asking from you is to come here to check it out. "

"Okay.I'm waiting the X-Men into the park."

"They'll be there."

"Okay."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 4: To the Institute...

"So many things for one day ."Alexa muttered as she looked at her hand . A blue spark took form becoming bigger and bigger.

"I knew you are here ."

"Wha-?"Alexa said surprised."Kall.What are you doing here ?"

"Remember when we said that if something happens with us our meeting place is the park.."

"You shouldn't come . Maybe I'm dangerous.I can't control my powers ."

"Look Alex . Whatever you are -"

"Mutant."

"What?"

"I'm a mutant ."

"Whatever.Even if you are a mutant you are my friend and I care about you."

"Thanks.You are the only one .My family it isn't my family ,I'm not what I thought I was ,all is ...changed."

"What do you mean?"

"I just found out . I was taken when I was little cause they felt sorry about me."

"Why ? Your real mother dumped you ?"

"No. She was dead. And I was hunted.A woman brought me to them and they felt sorry. Felt sorry...Pathetic.Now I understand why they hate me so much."

"I'm sorry."

"That's okay.Hey what's that?"Alex asked looking into the sky.Something like a plane was ready to land in the park.The Black Bird landed .A door opened and Storm , Jean , Shadowcat and Rogue came out .

"Alexa ?"Storm asked.

"Yes. And you are the X-Men , no?"

"Yes. Now please come with us."Storm said .

"One moment."Alex said then turned to Kall."I forgot to tell you.I spoke with someone and he told me that I could get help there... Bye now. I hope to see you soon."Alex walked slowly without looking back.

"Welcome to the X-men , Alex .I'm Jean Grey and this are Kitty Pryde or Shadowcat ,Ororo Munroe or Storm and Rogue."

"What are all those 'or' ?"

"Their code names.You'll have one too . Now please take a seat here." Jean said showing a place next to Kitty.

"So what's your power?" the girl named Kitty Pryde asked .

"This."Alex answered lifting Kitty from her seat then put her back.

"This is like nice."Kitty said laughing.

"What's your power ?"

"This ."Kitty answered as she passed her hand trough Alex.

"That's nice too."

"Seems that she made friends already."Storm said with a smile.

"Yes , she did ." Jean said.

"Hey Jean !"Alex said " How about Sparkle?"

"What?"

"My code name ."

"It's okay."Jean said as she looked back at Storm.They both smiled. From her seat Rogue looked at Alex and smiled too.

To be continued…