Disclaimer: I don’t own the X-Men! Don’t own the rights to this song either. I do, however, own the cd; like that counts.

A.N.) Yes! I did it! Finally I have written a Lancitty fic! * blushes * Okay. It’s a songfic set to “Anywhere But Here” by Hilary Duff. Kitty thinks about her past, present and future with Lance. Hope you enjoy it!

Anywhere But Here


Kitty was in her bedroom doing her homework, and, as always, thinking about the boy she’d grown to love, Lance Alvers.


When I’m in a crowd
Or on an island by myself
Sighs and looks around
Wishing I was somewhere else


When they first met she hadn’t been sure about him, but as time went on, she started to like him.


And I can’t believe
You hit me fast and hard
When you turned to me and said
Let me change the way you are


Ever since the moment that they clicked for the first time in chemestry class, she’d made a conscious effort to let him know how she felt for him.


Try’n to catch your eye
Things will never look the same
Now I can’t deny
You’re the moth and I’m the flame


She’d been so distracted just thinking of him that she had only gotten three problems done. ‘Come on Kitty, just forget him and focus.’ She thought. But she just couldn’t get him off of her mind.


There I go again
I should walk before I run
How can I explain
I can’t stop what you’ve begun


She’d gotten two problems done before her mind started to wander back to him again. Back to when he first got up the courage to ask her out. She’d said yes, but still had to lie to the others about where she was really going.


I’m falling thru the door
Flying ‘cross the floor


But the secret dates and late night phone calls soon became too frequent to ignore.


When you look at me
Suddenly it’s clear
You’re burining up my dreams
Crazy as it seems


Having him join the team for just that one week had been so amazing, dispite the criticizm of her teammates. She still wasn’t happy about their reaction to his being there. ‘Like how much ruder could they be?’


I don’t wanna be
Anywhere but here
Oh
Anywhere but here


Their already fragile relationship had almost been completely destroyed right after they had been revealed as mutants.


What goes on inside
Is a mystery no doubt
A roller coaster ride
I may never work it out


They’d just gotten started when it ended, but they’d had so much fun that she hadn’t been quite herself without him.


Here’s the brand new me
Skates around and floats on air
I’m a site to see
Rainbow colors in my hair
You have set me free
The one who gets me there


She wanted to apologise, but hadn’t and regretted that move for months


I’m falling thru the door
Flying ‘cross the floor
When you look at me
Suddenly it’s clear


Kitty still felt strongly for him, but was unsure about what Lance’s feelings were for her.


You’re burning up my dreams
Crazy as it seems
I don’t wanna be
Anywhere but here
Oh
Anywhere but
Here is the place where
My head is spinning
Time is beginning to race away


She couldn’t believe it when he came to her rescue in Mexico during the big fight with Apocalypse after he’d slammed his front door in her face earlier.


You’ve come to throw me
Knock me off my feet


She’d almost forgotten what his touch felt like, but was quite sure she didn’t want to again.


You give me wings to fly
The world goes crashing by again


‘We’re finally allowed to be together!’ she thought happily. She still couldn’t believe that the Professor had told them that last week.


I’m falling thru the door
Flying ‘cross the floor


‘Kitty Alvers. Has a nice ring to it.’ She thought.


When you look at me
Suddenly it’s clear


‘It’s got to be love, it’s just got to be!’


You’re burning up my dreams


‘I wonder if the professor saw what happened to us in the future? He must have or he wouldn’t let me date him.’


Crazy as it seems
I don’t wanna be
Any where but here
Oh


Kitty closed the textbook and spread out on her bed. ‘Now that I know him, I don’t know if I can really live without him.’ She thought as she closed her eyes and began to daydream about Lance.


Anywhere But Here