Note: I do not own the X-Men, or the rights to the song Nothing I’ve Ever Known. I do; however, own the cd the song came off of.

A.N.) I did it! My second songfic is complete, and it’s a Romy! (Might try another at another time.) All right. I got the song off of the “Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron” movie soundtrack, (track 14 if you want to hear it for yourself) and is sung by Bryan Adams.

Nothing I’ve Ever Known


It was a cloudy day. The weather seemed to match her mindset. She sat on her bed, trying to read, but mostly thinking of how much her life was changing.

~ * ~

Right now I feel
Just like a leaf on a breeze

~ * ~

‘How am I supposed to handle this?’ she thought in silence.

~ * ~

Who knows where it’s blowin’
Who knows where it’s goin’


~ * ~

She had grown tired of her room, so she went to couch downstairs and sat down.

~ * ~

I find myself somewhere I
I never thought I’d be

~ * ~

‘How can I feel this way for him? We’ve only just met.’

~ * ~

I’m goin’ ‘round in circles
Yeah, thinkin’ ‘bout you and me

~ * ~

‘Oh, snap out of it, he’s just a man!’ Just thinking about the Cajun nearly drove Rogue up a wall.

~ * ~

And how do I explain it when
I don’t know what to say
What do I do now
So much has changed

~ * ~

She tried to focus on her book, but her mind kept going back to him. At first, it had felt like just a crush, like the one she’d had on Scott, but now it was different. Now she couldn’t get him off of her mind.

~ * ~

Nothing I have ever known
Has made me feel this way
Nothing I have ever seen
Has made me wanna stay

~ * ~

‘Does he feel the same about me?’

~ * ~

Here I am
Ready for you
I’m torn and
I’m fallin’
I hear my home calling

~ * ~

‘If I left, could we really have a future? But the institute’s my home, would I really leave?’

~ * ~

Hey, I’ve never felt something so strong
Oh, no. It’s like nothing I’ve ever known

~ * ~

She was so torn, she couldn’t stand it. ‘Can I really love him?’ Remy was a smooth talker, but he was that way with every woman he met.

~ * ~

You’re the one I’m lookin’ for
You’re the one I need
You’re the one that gives me
A reason to believe

~ * ~

Even though he had used her, she still liked him. When they touched and she absorbed him, he somehow became a part of her. And for the first time, Rogue liked it.

~ * ~

Followin’ our star
Has led to where you are

~ * ~

She felt drawn to him, and from what she could gather from his thoughts, he found her attractive. ‘He’s not the only charmer. Remy LeBeau may have just met his match.’ She thought.

~ * ~

I feel so strong now
This can’t be wrong now

~ * ~

‘It feels so right, us bein’ together.’ Rogue thought as she looked at the card he’d given her.

~ * ~

Nothing I have ever known
Has made me feel this way

~ * ~

‘The Queen of Hearts. Maybe he thinks I’m the queen of his heart.’

~ * ~

Nothing I have ever seen
Has made me wanna stay
Here I am
Ready for you

~ * ~

‘If only, just once, I could touch him!’ Rogue was ready for Gambit to walk through the front door and kiss her senseless.

~ * ~

I’m torn and
I’m fallin’
I hear my home calling

~ * ~

But being with him would be risky. She would have to lie through her teeth to the others and hope that no one saw them together. She loved living at the Institute, but if it came to it, she’d join Magneto just to be with Remy.

~ * ~

Hey, I’ve never felt something so strong

~ * ~

‘Someday, Remy, someday…’ Rogue thought as she gazed out the window.

~ * ~

Oh, no. It’s like nothing I’ve ever known.

~ * ~

‘Maybe this is a chance at love for me, after all this time.’ Rogue dreamed. It was a tough choice she would have to make, one that she couldn’t make just yet.

~ * ~

Right now I feel
Like a leaf on a breeze
Who knows where it’s blowin
Yeah. And who knows where I’m goin’