Disclaimer: I do not own the X-Men! I would like to, but that will probably never happen. Don’t own the song rights either.

A.N.) Here it is folks! Via a suggestion from one of my realatives, I have written a Jott fic with a little jealousy bit for Jean. Is set to The Tide Is High by the Atomic Kittens. Heard this version on the Lizzie McGuire Movie soundtrack.


Never give up
Yeay yeah
Never give up

She knew that she liked him. But then again, Scott was quite possibly the cutest guy in school and almost every girl wanted him for herself. She just had to keep trying to let him know she cared for him as more than a friend.

The tide is high but I’m holding on
I’m gonna be your number one
I’m not the kind of girl
Who gives up just like that
Oh no!

She’d gotten along great with Duncan at first, but now things were heading slowly downward for them. She would possibly leave her current boyfriend for her constant friend and crush, Scott Summers.

It’s not the things you do that try and hurt
Me so
But ti’s the way you do the things you do
For me

‘He’s always been there for me. Even when my powers got out of hand, he was there to talk me down. But so was that little Rogue.’

I’m not the kind of girl
Who gives up just light that
Oh no!

But Jean Grey wasn’t going to give up in her fight for Scott’s affection just because of some competition from her housemate.

The tide is high but I’m holding on
I’m gonna be your number one
The tide is high but I’m holding on
I’m gonna be your number one

She knew that it wouldn’t be too hard because she’d read his mind and knew that he felt the same for her. However, there were three people in her way. Duncan Matthews, Taryn, and Rogue.

Number one
Number one

‘I want to be there for him forever, but how will I get his attention?’

Every girl wants you to be
Her boy
But I’ll wait right here till it’s
My turn

It was a hard road, but she’d follow it with peasure. ‘He will be mine in the end. Not Rogue’s and not Taryn’s.

I’m not the kind of girl
Who gives up just like that
Oh no!


The tide is high but I’m holding on

Seeing the look in Rogue’s eyes when she gave him that sweater at Christmas made her blood run a little warmer.

I’m gonna be you’re number one

And the way Taryn stole him out from under her at the Sadie Hawkins Dance made her so mad that she was turning a little red in the face.

The tide is high but I’m holding on
I’m gonna be your number one

‘if I’d known that there’d be this much trouble trying to win him over now, I’d have gotten him when I first came to Bayville.’

Number one
Number one

It was getting to be a strain to keep her relatonship with Duncan on friendly terms.

Every time that I get the feeling
You give me something to believe in

It’s not that she didn’t like him at first, but now that she knew what kind of guy Matthews was, she was content to stay in Scott’s arms.

Every time that I got you near me
I know the way that I want it to be

Cyclops made her feel so good inside, like he was the one for her.

But you know I’m gonna take my chance now
I’m gonna make it happen somehow

Of course she could just dump the jock and go running to Scott,

And you know I can take the pressure

She’d just have to get Taryn away from him. Maybe she’d hit it off with Duncan?

A moment’s rain for a lifetime’s pleasure

And She was sure that since their little fight with Magneto, Rogue had a new crush.

Every girl wants you to be her boy

She wondered if he would take her when Duncan dumped her because she lied to him.

But I’ll wait right here til it’s my turn

‘I’m sure Taryn’ll leave him alone after this.’

I’m not the kind of girl
Who gives up just like that
Oh no

‘I hope I do get dumped, and If I don’t, I’ll dump him.’

The tide is high but I’m holding on
I’m gonna be your number one

Jean wasn’t positive about her feelings, but she knew that they were very strong.

The tide is high but I’m holding on
I’m gonna be your number one

‘I guess that this is what real love feels like, but what’ll I do if he doesn’t feel the same for me?’

Every time that I get the feeling
You give me something to believe in
Every time that I got you near me
I know the way that I want it to be

‘It’s time for me to make my move.’

But you know I’m gonna take my chance now
I’m gonna make it happen some how

‘Together at last!’ she thought out loud. This was their first and maybe only shot at true love and she didn’t want to blow it. It would be hard with a world that hated and feared them watching on in disgust. But she was certain that they would be all right.

And you know I can take the pressure
A moments pain for a lifetime’s pleasure
The tide is high but I’m holding on…