Disclaimer: I own the X-Men…Not!

Author’s note> Here’s the deal, this fic is the sequel to Midnight Rendezvous. Remy and Rogue have started adjusting to having the other around, but when keeping their privacy interferes with the others ideas, they decide to leave the institute. Lancitty and Kurmanda pairings are to be found as well as a few random snippets. If you have any problem with Romy, Lancitty, or Kurmanda pairings, close this now and find another fic!


About a month went by and everything was going well, except for one little run in with Mystique. Remy and Rogue had to do some “tactical maneuvering” so that they could be alone for five minutes, but it was definitely better than lying. It was a school night, but she didn’t care. She was spending this Tuesday night with her family, including Amanda and Remy. All were on the couch (or floor, case pending) watching The Lord of the Rings together. “See, Ah told ya it wouldn’t kill ya, Rem.” “Yeah, shoulda list’nd ‘t ‘y.” Remy replied. This was possibly the greatest idea that Kurt had ever come up with. “Rogue?” Amanda asked from her seat by Kurt on the floor. “Yeah, what is it?” “I just wanted to know, how would you feel if you had me for a sister?” Amanda said timidly. “Are you an’ Kurt plannin’ ohn?” “Yeah, we are.” Her brother replied. “Thaht’s great, Kurt!” Rogue exclaimed. “Well den, looks like ‘y got a few hoops to jump thru.” Remy said jokingly. “Yeah, my parents are going to have to be kept in the dark until graduation next month.” Amanda replied with a downtrodden expression. “Oh man! Ah completely forgot abou’ that!” Rogue shouted. “Don’t worry, Chere, not’ing gonna happen ‘t ‘y. Not while I still be here.” Remy said softly. “Thanks for the sentiment.” Rogue said back to him. Then they continued watchin the movie.

^_^

By the morning of graduation, things had gotten a lot more tense at the mansion. Remy and Rogue had been caught together in his room and that hadn’t gone over well. It had also been rough because Kitty had come home drunk one night and Lance got the blame for that. The upsides were the unfolding relationships and of course today. Kurt and Amanda had indeed gone through with their plan and had gotten married. Both were in the crowd with Rogue on this day. Because she hadn’t told the others that her name had changed, the last name was still Darkholm. She looked around and saw life as she knew it happening around her. Hank and Ororo, something she’d seen commin’ for a while, were together and very happy about it. Jean and Scott—well, Scott proposed last night and they were doing more kissing than watching. Jubes and Bobby were talking, laughing, and giving each other sly looks. Sam was there, along with his girl, Vampira, and even though she was with the Brotherhood, everyone had adjusted. The younger pair of Vaughners were sitting several rows back, holding hands. Kurt’s foster parents came over from Germany to see him and to meet Amanda and Mystique, and Amanda’s parents were there too. Spyke had even shown up to support Kurt, with Callisto by his side the whole time. Jamie had been trying to get Mira and failing. Mira started looking at Ray, who was interrested in Casey (X23). The only one who was still avaliable out of all of the recruits was Roberto, but he’d been talking to Rahne lately. Then she found him. The one who was always there for her, Remy LeBeau. He saw her watching and waved back. She blushed a little, but managed to give a smile back to him. It was then that Principal Kelly got up and began speaking, all the while giving her dirty looks. This didn’t last long, however, because Mystique, who was right next to him, caught on and wacked him in the arm. Finally the time had come, the all important Calling of the Names. Rogue waited anxiously, hoping that they didn’t know. “Here goes nothin’.” She said to herself as Kelly looked at the list with a little bewilderment, and then called her name. “Anna Marie Darkholm.” She walked up to the podium, grabbed the diploma, and then bumped into him on purpose.

~_<

A week later, things had only gotten worse. Now caught for the second time, the LeBeaus were getting desperate. “Ah hate ta say it, but maybe we should just leave.” Rogue said solemnly. They had been talking for the last hour in some of the caves behind the mansion. “I ‘gree, but when would we go ‘bou’ doin’ dis?” Remy answered. “Tanigh’.” She replied. “We leave tanigh’.” “Don’t you t’ink dat’s a lil short notice, chere?” “We ain’t got anotha choice, Remy. If we want ta be togetha, we’re gonna have ta leave.” “What ‘bout dat broda o’ yours?” “Ah can write ‘im a note.” “You really sure ‘y wont ‘t do dis, Rogue?” “Yeah. Ah’m sure. You know anywhere we can stay?” “One, but I’d be way too dagerous fo’ you down dere.” He locked eyes with her. As much as he wanted to have her with him all the time, it would be very very risky for him to go home now. “Well, we migh’ could stay with Irene, if she’s still there.” She replied. “I don’ like dat lady, Rogue. She too close t’ Mystique.” “Ye’r right about that.” She stared at him, searching for any ideas as to what they could do. “I guess, if we have t’, we c’n stay wit’ Jean Luc. Jus’ until we c’n find a place.” “Ah suppose that could work. And Ah could go ta school down there too.” “So we leave fo’ N’Awleans tonigh’?” “Yeah. Tonight.” She walked up to him and kissed him. The moment seemed to last forever. This would be their last day in Bayville, and here at the mansion, but both of them knew that they would pull through the trials ahead, as long as they had each other.

~_~

That night, the two actually managed to sneak off without getting caught, and when dawn came, the whole institute was looking for them. That’s when Kurt found a letter with his name on it taped to the inside of his closet door. He opened the note and read it.

Dear Kurt,

Hey little brother. Ah’m witing this to tell ya not to worry ‘bout me. Yes, Remy an’ Ah ran off, but just hear me out, okay? Just so you know we are marred and have been for a few months now. We’re takin’ off because none of you seem to trust that we’re perfectly capeable of makin’ our own choices and you’ve all treated him so badly that Ah couldn’t stand it anymore.

Don’t tell anyone else this, because it’s just for family ta know. (It’s okay to tell Amanda, though.) Anyway, by the time you read this I’ll either be on a flight to New Orleans, or actually there. Ah’ll write you again, once we get settled in here. Hope ta be startin’ college here this fall. Come an’ visit sometime, ahl righ’?

Your loving sister,
Rogue LeBeau


The letter shocked Kurt more than anything. She was gone? For good? Nothing was making any sense, but, just to keep her wishes, he hid the note in his sock drawer for Amanda to see when she moved in later that day. ‘But why would you not tell anyone?’ he thought. ‘Were we really that bad to him? Would she leave just because of that, or is there something else she’s concerned about?’ all were good questions, but he knew the only way to find anything out was to ask her himself. ‘As soon as I find them, I’m going to get straight to the bottom of this.’ He decided to tell Professor Xavier that they didn’t want to be found, and that he shouldn’t worry, that was all. He couldn’t give out any more without Rogue’s privacy being invaded. He got up and ported out of his room.

0_0 ~_^ ~_~

Later that day, Remy and Rogue got off of the jet and took a cab to the Thieve’s Guild headquarters. Once out of the cab, Remy led her cautiously up the stairs to the door. “Now remember, Rogue, since dey didn’ know dat we were comin’, we prob’ly won’ get a warm welcome.” “Ah understand that, and Ah’m prepared for that.” She said. “But will ya please try not ta be so nervous about this?” “Okay, chere, I try.” When he knocked, a man, about thirty or so, answered. “Wha’ d’y won…Gambit? I’ dat you?” “Yeah, I’s me.” “Well, wha’ timin’. Jean Luc been wantin’ t’ see y’.” “I thought as much.” Remy said solemnly. “Oh. Claude, dis is Rogue. Chere, dis is Claude, we grew up together.” “Ah see.” She replied. “Remy, man, y’ know dat he’ gonna be furious ‘bout you datin’ her!” “Excuse meh for interruptin’ an’ all, but ah know the story here and ya can tell Jean Luc that he’s stuck with me, whether he likes it or not!” Rogue shouted. Claude looked as if his hand had just been bitten off. “I’ll take y’ inside n’ y’ c’n tell ‘im y’self.” Claude said nervously. “Follow me.”

~_0

Back at the institute, Kitty and Lance were having a couple of problems. “Are you sure, Kitty?” “Yes, I’m almost certain.” “How do you know?” “I, I just do, Lance! Look, I took the stupid test thingy, we’ll know for sure in like a few minutes.” Lance and Kitty’s little night out last month had cost them not only the trust of their teammates, but their little ‘goof’ that evening at the party was about to cost them the last of their childhood. “Is it ready yet?” He asked nervously. “Not yet, Lance! Be patient.” Kitty said. She waited a minute more and then walked over to view their fates. “Uh oh!” “Uh oh?” Lance asked nervously. “What does uh oh mean?” “Well Lance,” she said cautiously, “in this case it means that I’m pregnant.” “Oh no!” he looked as if he was about to pass out. This was not what either of them had planned. “Yeah, I know.” Kitty replied. “I didn’t think that this could happen either.” “So what do we do now?” Lance asked her. “Don’t look at me! This is your fault!” “Hey! I didn’t hear you complaining either!” “Well, well I was drunk!” “So was I!” “Well, you’re the father, it’s your job to come up with all of the good ideas!” They looked each other in the eyes, both finally realizing how much their lives would change from now on. “So,” Lance said, “are we keeping this kid or are we not?” “I, I’m not sure.” She answered. “I really want to keep it, but…” “Then that’s what we’ll do.” He said softly. “Lance! You don’t have a job and we live in different houses!” She shouted. “Well, that can be fixed.” Lance said, smoling all the while. “There’s no way I’m gonna raise our baby in that dump!” Kitty shouted. “No, not that.” He said. “I meant that we should stay here for now.” “You like really mean it?” “Yeah, Kitty, I do.” He sat down next to her and put his arm around her. It would be difficult and there would be a whole lot of rejection on both sides. However, Kitty was willing to stand by him, no matter what the cost.

~_~

In New Orleans, Rogue and Remy had run into a whole different set of problems. “You did what!” Needless to say, Jean Luc hadn’t been very happy about having Rogue for a daughter-in-law. “You heard m’!” Remy said back. “Do I haf t’ ‘xplain ev’ryt’ing t’ y’?!” “What ‘bou Belladonna? Wha’d’ we tell her?” The older man shouted. This had gone on for about five minutes, counting the part when they had to explain everything, and Rogue was getting very tired of it all. “Why don’tcha tell ‘er ta come here an’ then Ah can discuss this with her.” Rogue said, sounding very frustrated. “No way, Rogue.” Remy said. “Belle’s a professional assasin.” “An’ Ah’m the ‘untouchable’. Ah think Ah can take care of mahself.” She looked him in the eyes, as if to say, it’s okay. About then another of the LeBeau men walked in. He was older than Remy, but definitely younger than his father. ‘Must be a cousin.’ She thought. “So, de Gambit fin’ly come back t’ us.” He said coolly, while turning his attention to Rogue. He gave her a sly look. “Who’s dis girl?” “Henri!” Remy shouted and stood up from his chair. “Dat be m’ wife!” “Wife!” Henri jumped back in shock, but quickly regained his air. “Remy, y’ gonna git I’ now. Belle’s been lookin’ fo ‘y sorry…” “Don’t you even say that about him!” Rogue shouted. “An’ jus’ what ‘y coin’ t’ do bou’ it, petite?” Henri said slyly, foolishly thinking he had the upper hand. Rogue looked to Remy, who looked at Jean Luc, and then nodded back. “This, Creep!” She took her glove off and grabbed his bare arm. Henri swayed for a minute, then passed out.

Five minutes later, Henri had finally come around enough to be aware of what had happened. “Wha? Wha’ was dat?” “That’s what ya get for messin’ with tha Rogue.” She said harshly. “Rogue, huh?” He said. “Yeah. Ah’d ‘ave thought that Remy’s older brother would be the smarter one.” “I neva told y dat we…” “Ah saw it in yer memories.” She said confidently. “Dat’s why I neve argue wit’ ‘er.” Remy said with a huge smirk on his face. “She way to independnt t’ mess wit’.” “Did y’ know ‘bou dis?” Henri shouted at Jean Luc. “Sort of.” The older man replied. “An’ y’ didn’ tell m because?” “It didn’ seem like all dat good of an idea.” Remy replied. “Rem?” “Yeah, chere?” “If ya wouldn’ mind, Ah’d kinda lahke ta get settled in.” Rogue said impatiently. “Wha’ eva you say, Rogue.” He said. Remy then proceeded to escort her to their new room.

^_~

About three days later, Kurt received a letter. There was no return address, but he knew who it was from. He called Amanda into the room and they read the note together.

Dear Kurt,

Hi! How are you an’ Amanda doin’? Remy an’ Ah made it here ahl righ’ and we’re livin’ with his fam’ly. Ah’d love to give ya the address, but with all the distrust around here, Ah can’t. Once we get a place of our own, Ah’ll write ya again. Anyway, Ah’ve enclosed mahne an’ Remy’s cell numbers, so feel free to call. We know thaht we aren’t exatly what ya’d call the model family members, but we’re makin’ it okay down here.

So, now for your lives, how are they? Call me as soon as you get this, Ah really want ta hear from you. If Mystique’s been both’rin’ you in any way, let me know, and Ah’ll be there in a heartbeat. Ah doubt anythin’ between Scott an’ Jean had changed, but Ah’d really like ta hear about the new recruits. Anything new goin’ on up there? As Ah said earlier, call me back so we can talk, ‘kay?Missin’ you two crazy.

Your loving sister,
Rogue LeBeau

P.S. Hey, Brother! Jus’ t’ought I’d let y’ know dat I been takin’ good care o’ y’ sister. She done knocked m’ older broda out cold, ‘n I’s only her first day! My ex girlfriend’s plannin’ on takin’ ‘er on, but ‘tween us, I t’ink she c’n handle it. Hope to see y’ someday soon!

Remy LeBeau


Kurt and Amanda looked at the numbers and decided that it would be good to call them sometime soon.

~_< ^_^

About two days later, Rogue and Remy were still adjusting to their new lives. Already there had been a few scirmishes with the Rippers, and Remy’s ex-fiance, Belladonna, had sent him a very angry note. However, life really wasn’t that bad. Rogue sat on one of the many armchairs in the old plantation house, just reading one of the books she’d purchased while she had been out that morning, when the door to the room burst open. There, in a fit of anger, stood Belle. Rogue looked up, but only said a cool reply. “Can Ah help you?” “Who do ‘y t’ink ‘y are? Takin’ m’ man like dat!” The raging blonde shouted. “Ah, miss Bordeaux, am the one that Remy chose. Can ya leave now, Ah’m not much for talkin’.” Rogue set the book down and stared down the other woman. “I won’ leave ‘til y’ give m’ a real answer!” Belle said forcefully. “Now will y’ please mind tellin’ me who y’ a’e?” “Rogue.” Rogue said as she stood up. “Rogue, huh? Guess dat be what dey call trailer trash now.” Belle said mockingly. “Well, excuse me, but Ah’m the one he chose, not you. Oh, and by the way, Ah’d watch mah back if ah were you; never know who might be there.” Rogue said coolly, just as Remy walked in the door. “Chere, I t’ink I found a…” He stopped short when he saw Belle standing there. “Belladonna. Wha’ brings y’ by dis way?” He asked. “Jus’ wonted t’ see de one who took y’ from m’.” Belle said evilly, but not so evilly that she scared anyone. She may be a good assasin.’ Rogue thought. ‘but she ain’t exactly the brightest one Ah’ve eva met. Ah think Mystique could take ‘er.’ Remy was next to speak. “Belle, Rogue didn’t take m’, I chose her.” “That’s what Ah just tried ta tell her.” His wife said, sounding a little stressed. “I don’ believe it! Dere’s no way de infamous ‘King of Hearts’ would fall fo’ a—a tramp like dis!” Belle shouted back. “But I did fall fo’ her, she needed me an’ I came t’ her.” He said slowly as he walked up to Rogue and put his arm around her. She looked at him a moment, and returned his gaze with a small smirk. “Now unless y’ came fo’ a thrashin’, y’ betta leave.” Remy said, grinning ear to ear. “I got somet’ing I need to descuss wit’ de chere.” Belle growled, threw her hands down, and stormed out of the mansion.
“So, Sugah, what did you find today?” She asked playfully. “Well, Rogue, I t’ing we may be movin’ out a lot sooner dan we thought.” He said slyly. “Ya found an apartment?” “Oh, much betta den dat! I found a house.” “A house?” “Dat’s righ’, chere. A house.” “Is it one of those dinky little things we saw comin’ here from the airport?” “No, Rogue. I’s a bit of a fixer-upper, dough.” “How much is ‘a little bit’?” “De door don’ wont t’ lock, an’ de walls a’e in desperate need of some paint ‘n a bit o’ Spackle.” “How big is this place?” “Why does dat matter? It’ll be jus’ us livin’ there.” “Well, Kurt’s gonna wanna visit when he can, and…” “Rogue?” He said, sounding a bit confused. “Is dere somet’ing y’ need t’ tell m’?” “Yeah, actually, there is.” She replied hesitantly. “So, tell me.” He said gently. “Okay then.” For a record twice in the same day, she smiled. “You’re gonna be a dad, Remy.” She said sheepishly. He stepped back a little bit, then it seemed to click with him. “Are you serious?” He asked, while trying to sort through what was happening. “Yeah, Sug, Ah’m havin’ a baby.” She said. He then hugged her so hard that it got hard for her to breathe. “Remy! Would ya mind lettin’ go now?” She asked; he set her back down shortly after. “So,” Remy said excitedly, “how long have you been keepen dis a secret fo’?” “Well, Ah kinda suspected it abou’ six weeks ago, but Ah got a definite yes when Ah saw that new doctor of ours taday.” She explained. Remy was stunned. He was the acclaimed king of cons, but it appeared to him that he’d just met his match. “In dat case, why don’ I take y’ t’ see dis place fo’ y’self?” he said as he picked her up. “What tha heck are ya doin, Swamp rat?” she shouted as he walked to the door. “Don’t you know? I’m takin’ y’ out!” he said back as he carried her out the door.

>_< 0_0 ^_^

The next morning was spent packing. Despite needing a little work the house seemed in fine condition and was plenty big enough. Remy was standing in the bedroom, helping Rogue pack back up what little they owned, when his cell phone went off. “Who is it?” He said, because he didn’t recognise the number. “Remy? Is that you?” A German accent answered back.

“Kurt?”

“Yeah? What’s up?”

“A whole lot!”

“I take it you two have been busy lately?”

“Not really, but we will be t’day.”

“What’s going on today?” Kurt asked, sounding slightly bemused.

“We’ be movin’ int’ our house dis afternoon.” Remy said proudly while debating about whether or not he should tell Kurt what he found out the night before.

“That’s Great!” Kurt shouted back through the reciever. “Is Rogue there?”

“Yes, she is!” Remy replied. “Y’ wont t’ talk t’ her?”

“yeah!”

“Hang on.” Remy said, pulling the phone away from his ear. “Chere! Y’ brother’s on de phone!”

“Well let meh talk to him!” She said as she snatched the phone. “Kurt?”

“Hey Sis!”

“Don’ call me Sis!”

“Sorry. Anyway, how are you doing?”

“Fahne.” She said hesitantly. “Why the question?”

“Just making sure that you’re all right, Rogue.” He answered. “After all, you are my sister.”

“Well, thanks. And actually, Ah think Ah need ta tell ya this.” She said slyly.

“What is it?” Kurt asked. It wasn’t like her to beat around the bush like this.

“Let’s just say that you an’ Amanda are about ta get either a neice or a nephew.” She answered.

“What? No Way!”

“Way, Kurt.”

“But how?”

“Can we just skip ovah all the details, Ah’ll tell ya when Ah see ya next.”

“Which would be Scott and Jean’s wedding.” Kurt said.

“Yeah.” She replied. “When did they set the date for anyway?”

“Next Saturday.” Kurt said. “Can you two make it up here?”

“Oh, Don’t worry, Kurt. We’ll be there.” Rogue said.

“So, do you want me to tell the Professor, or would you rather do it?”

“Remy an’ Ah don’ wont anyone ta know.” She said. “Can ya please not tell anyone ‘bout it?”

“Okay, but what about our mother?”

“Let meh handle that, Okay?”

“Sure thing Rogue.”

“Well, Ah’d better get back ta packin’.”

“I won’t keep you here then. Goodbye Rogue!”

“Yeah, bye ta you too, Kurt.” She hung up and walked back over to her suitcase. “how’d he take it?” Remy asked eagerly. “Ah’d say his eyes popped out and his jaw hit the floah.” Rogue said. “Scott an’ Jean’s weddin’s next week.” “Do y’ really t’ink dat we should keep dis a secret?” Remy said. “No, but Ah really don’ need all tha looks from ‘em righ’ now.” She replied. “When d’y’ t’ink we should leave?” He asked. “Prob’ly sometahme Friday mornin’.” She replied. “That way we can have time to get there an’ not have ‘em follow us here.” “Good plan, chere.” He said as he grabbed her and drew her close. “You tryin’ ta charm me, Cajun?” She looked at him slyly and decided to go along with the sudden change in mood. “So what if I am?” He kissed her lightly on the lips, then again. “Remy,” she said when she could get her breath, “we really should get back ta packin’.” “Come on, Rogue. The day’s young.” “Why don’ we wait until tonight, when we’re actually in our house?” “Dat works too.” He kissed her one more time, and then went back to packing.

^_^

Kurt was still in shock from Rogue’s bombshell when Amanda walked in. She looked at him for only a second and knew that something wasn’t as it should be. “Kurt? Are you okay?” She asked. “Oh, just a little…surprised.” He answered uncertainly. “Did you talk to Rogue?” She asked, wanting to know if she had anything to do with her husband’s anxiety. “Ja! She’s the reason for the surprise!” Kurt replied. “So, what did she say?” Even if she didn’t understand what was going on, Amanda wanted to at least know what was happenning. “Well, they got a house.” “But that’s not why you’re worried. Just tell me, Kurt, please?” she begged. “If you really want to know,” Kurt said nervously, “she’s pregnant.” “What!” Amanda shouted as Kurt covered her mouth. “Don’t be so loud! She doesn’t want the others to know yet.” He said in a low voice. “Do you know why?” “No, but it doesn’t surprise me.” He replied. “That’s just the way she is sometimes.” “Is there anything she needs?” Amanda asked. “She didn’t mention anything,” Kurt said, “but we’ll find out for sure next week.” “I guess we’ll see then.” Amanda said.

0_0

The week flew by faster than anyone had anticipated. Soon it was Friday afternoon and Jean was nervous. It was the night of the rehersal dinner and her parents had just met Alex. Needless to say, things weren’t going well. She had just averted a near tradgedy at lunch when there was a knock on the door. She’d thought everyone she’d invited had shown up, but then again, there was one person that she wasn’t sure if she’d gotten the invitation or not. At any rate, she was closest to the door, so she’d opened it. To her surprise, there stood the very person she had been thinking about. “Hi Jean! Didya miss meh?” “Rogue?” “who else?” “Oh my word! It is you!” Jean exclaimed just before giving the two-toned southerner a quick squeeze. “Jean!” Rogue practically shouted. “Oh! Sorry, Rogue.” Jean said as she released her. “Looks like we got a pretty warm welcome afta all, chere!” Remy said as he entered into the scene. “Remy!” “Please, Red. No offense, but I don’ really want t’ be squeezed righ’ now.” “What’s wrong?” Jean asked. “Both of you look kinda sick.” “Turns out our favorite Cajun gets airsick.” Rogue said as Jean led them into the house. “Yeah, but what about you? I know you well enough to know that you don’t get motion sickness, Rogue.” “Well, it’s been a long week. Guess Ah’m just tired.” Rogue replied. “Okay, I’ll show you two to your rooms then.” Jean said as she led the two into the house.

^_<

“Ah can’t believe ya were that stupid, Kit!” Rogue shouted at her friend after had told her why she’d gotten sick at the ceremony that morning. “Will you relax? He’s gonna stay around to help!” Kitty shouted back.
“And that makes it ahl righ’?”

“Well…”

“No! It doesn’t! From almost any of the other girls, I would be mad; but ye’r mah friend, Kitty. Ah can only say that Ah’m very disappointed in you.”

Kitty sat on her bed in a petrified state. To have Rogue worried enough about her to yell at her was an impressive thing. She felt guilty inside for what she’d done. She knew that her friend was right, that Lance staying around wasn’t going to make this any less of a mistake, but she was proud to have her friend there with her.

“Now befo’a Ah leave, Ah’ll tell ya this; don’t eva make this mistake again. Ya got that boy an’ ya have ta keep him.” Rogue said.

“Yeah. I’ll like totally try.” Kitty said solemnly just before Rogue left the room.

0_0

Mystique had been out all the night before and came home to find that there was a letter in the mailbox. She thought nothing of it and was going to give it to one of the boys or girls, when she saw that it was addressed to her. Curious about who would write her; she went up to her bedroom, locked the door, and opened the note. What she read made her jump a little.


Dear Mother,
Gee, that sounds lame! Anyway, it’s just me, your daughter. Not that you really care what I’m doin’ with my life, but I thought that I should at least let you know, since I won’t be living here any more. Remy an’ I have gotten married and are now living in New Orleans. The house is a two-story, which is a really good thing. It’s a little run down, but it’ll work fine for us. School starts in three weeks, and with our family growin’ an’ all, it’ll be really stressful.

Yes, you read that last part right. Ah’m pregnant! This news shock you? It scares me too, but Remy’s already promised that he’s not goin’ anywhere. It all feels so weird, havin’ this kid inside me and all. I’d normally never ask anyone this, but if you have any advice about this, please tell me! We need all the help we can get!!! I know that I never said this, and I didn’t feel like I should say this, but I’m a little wiser now. I forgive ya. That’s all I can write now, got a plane to catch.
Hope you can come see us. Ask kurt for the address.
Sincerely,
Remy & Anna Marie LeBeau

Mystique starred at the letter. Rogue? It didn’t seem possible. And with that man? Where had she gone so wrong with her two kids. Both of them married before they graduated, both young and unprepared, and now she was about to become a grandmother. ‘Should I call him?’ Raven thought. Rogue may have forgiven her, but that was only because she was now a mother herself; Kurt may not be so readily accepting of her if she apologized. Despite the little devil in her mind telling her not to, She got up and went to leave for the institute.

~_~

Kurt walked into his room after a particularly long walk. He just needed to clear his head. However, he found a bird sitting on the windowsill. He wondered what the bird was doing, but then it spoke. “Hope you don’t mind that I let myself in.” Kurt started as the bird transformed into his Mother. “What do you want?” He asked in much the tone he’d heard his sister speak in. “I just wanted to tell you, I’m sorry for what I’ve put you and your sister through.” Mystique said with tears starting to form in her eyes. “Just go!” Kurt said. “I don’t want to hear it and neither does Rogue!” “Your sister told me about her baby, Kurt.” “What reason would she have for telling you anything?” “She wrote me a letter, Kurt. She told me that she is willing to forgive me, and I was hoping that you would too.” “Why would she forgive you? She hates you!” “Rogue understands now, why I made all of those incredibly stupid decisions.” “And what does she know that I don’t?” “Kurt, I will always love you and Rogue. I did some of those things because I just wanted you to know that, but whenever I tried to do something right, something else went incredibly wrong.” “I—I don’t—You abandoned us.” “Trust me, son, if there had been any way for me to take you back after that night I would have found and traveled it.” “You could have just taken me from them.” “Magneto—He wouldn’t let me. I really wanted to raise you and your sister, but I only wound up getting her back because I Destiney was able to talk him into letting me get her back.” “I—I don’t know what to say.” “Try Kurt. I don’t want to live what’s left of my life at war with the two best things that ever happened to me.” “Okay. I humbly accept your apology.” Kurt said, tears forming in his own eyes. Raven walked over and hugged him, more like tried to squeeze his breath out of him. He was shocked at first, but then gave her a bear hug back.

^_^

Rogue stared out the window of the two story house, in which she now lived. She’d never focused on what her life would be like, and with her first baby on the way, she should have been. It had only been that morning, when Mystique had called to congradulate her, that she really started to feel unsure about hers and Remy’s futures. She had been sick all day and was only feeling mildly better. Remy had worked late that night and was in bed. Not feeling like standing anymore, she walked into her bedroom and lay down next to Remy. He stirred and sat up when he felt her next to him. “Hey chere. Y’ feelin’ any betta?” he asked her. “No.” she said in a very tired voice. “A’e ya sure that Ah’ll live through this?” “Yes, Rogue, y’ a very strong woman. Dere’s no way dat y’ won’ make I’ thru dis.” “But what if somethin’ goes wrong?” “Why a’e y’ so worried, chere? I neva seen you like dis befo’e.” “Mystique called. I tell ya, Sugah, I thought I knew what I was doin’; now—now I ain’t sure.” “It’s okay t’ be scared. T’ tell y’ de truth, I’m terrified; but we will pull out o’ dis okay, Rogue. Jus’ trust m’.” “But what if…” “Don’ worry, amor.” He said softly. “It’ll all work ou’ fine.” “Ah guess yer righ’.” Rogue said with her head looking over at him. “So, any guess as ta what exactly we’re havin?” “I t’ink,” he said as a very large smirk placed itself on Remy’s face, “dat we be havin’ twins.” “An’ here Ah thought that ya couldn’t possibly be more crazy!” Rogue said sarcasticly. “What tha heck makes you actually think that Ah could be havin’ two kids?” “I jus’ know, dat’s all dere is to I’, chere.” He said in a matter-of-fact tone before getting smacked in the face with a pillow. “All righ’. Mebe I could be wrong, but y’ have t’ admit, y’ believe it too.” “Okay, so what if Ah do, that still doesn’t mean it’s gonna happen!” She said playfully. “Doesn’ mean I’ won’ either.” He said back to her, smirk still in place. “Can’t ya go fo one day without tryin’ ta drive me mad?” She asked. “Now where would de fun be in dat?” he said, almost sounding hurt. “We can discuss this in the mornin’, ‘kay?” She asked. “Fine wit’ m’ Rogue.” She said as he lay back down and tried to sleep