Disclaimer: Don’t own anything except my own characters (if I put them in this one), so there!


A.N.( This is a sequel of a sequel. This fic is set in the weeks following Rogue and Gambit’s official departure to the south. They will be missed; on the other hand, though, this fic is mostly about Lance and Kitty. If you want to know more about this fic, read the prequel, Hard Choices.


It’s 4:30 on a Saturday afternoon. Most everyone was relaxed, but, since Kitty’s parents were coming to stay with them for three days and she and Lance had a bombshell of a secret to keep, she was nervous. Lance was, as usual, up in her bedroom. They were both discussing their current ‘situation.’

“You’ve gotta tell them with me.”

“Are you nuts! Logan’s gonna kill me when he hears this!”

“He won’t.”

“How do you know Kitty?”

“Because he won’t hurt me, especially not now.” Kitty locked eyes with her boyfriend. Since she’d found out she was pregnant things hadn’t exactly gone that smoothly.

“Are you sure they won’t rip me into tiny pieces?” Lance asked. Even though he’d never tell anyone, he was horrorfied. This wasn’t supposed to happen, but a wild party and almost two months later, here they were. He wasn’t sure how to deal with this or how to tell his teammates what was really going on.

“I’m positive. And besides, if they do try to get to you, they’ll have to hurt me first.”

“No Kitty! I won’t let you put both of your lives in danger!”

“It’ll be okay.” She smiled and walked over to him. “Look, even if my dad and Logan lose it, I know that my mom will like totally be there to help us.”

“If you say so.” Lance wrapped his arms around her and smiled back.

~*~

Later on, after dinner, everyone, including Kitty’s parents, were in the common room relaxing and talking. It was at this point in time that Lance and Kitty decided it was time.

“So,” Kitty said nervously, “how do you like my man now, Daddy?” “I guess he’ll do.” Her father replied. “I’m real glad to hear that, Mr. Pryde.” Lance said, looking at Kitty all the while. “Why are you so glad, Bub?” Logan asked. At that point, both kids knew that the jig was up. “Because we’re getting married.” Kitty glanced around and knew that this wasn’t going to be pretty. “What the…” “Logan!” Ororo cut off the probably very vulgar response that had almost come out of Logan’s mouth. “Kitty, sweetheart, why would you do this now?” her mother asked. “You two still have your whole lives ahead of you.” “Well, it’s kind of a funny story.” Lance said. “I’m all ears, Lance.” Kitty’s dad said firmly. “You see, we kinda like have to get married.” Kitty said. “Don’t tell me!” Ororo said in shock. This was the first time she’d heard of one of the girls doing something like this. “What’s going on here?” Kitty’s dad said shocked. “What are you looking so upset about?” “Uhmm… it’s kinda complicated.” Lance answered. “How complicated?” “Well, Daddy, we (starts talking at near Pietro speed) went to a party, got drunk, and now we’re having a baby.” Kitty looked down at her feet, waiting for a response. “I can’t believe this! My own daughter!” “Daddy, please try to understand…” “Save it twerp!” Logan shouted in anger. “Now, bub, it’s time you for you to kiss life goodbye!” Logan charged at Lance with claws out. Kitty stepped in between the two men. “No!” she screamed. “I won’t let you hurt him!” “Get out of the way, half-pint!” “No! you’ll have to kill me first!” Logan stopped in confusion. Never before had she, acted like this. But now, Kitty, the innocent one, was having a kid with, with Avalanche? Rogue running around and marrying Gambit, he’d half-way seen that coming, however, Kitty’s little tale had caught him by surprise. Because he did care for her, and didn’t want to hurt her unborn child, he withdrew his claws. Kitty relaxed, but didn’t move. “Kitty, Lance, why don’t you two let us discuss what to do for a moment.” Professor Xavier said calmly. Kitty ran into the conservatory, knowing what their verdict would most likely be. Lance followed after her.

Kitty collapsed on one of the couches and started to cry. She knew that this would happen. She knew that they wouldn’t let him stay. They would have to leave the institute for sure now. “Kitty?” Lance asked when he walked in. She looked up at him, still very upset. “Oh Lance!” she sobbed. “This isn’t going as I planned at all!” “I know.” He said as he sat down on the couch next to her. “Don’t worry Kitty. We’ll find a way.” “How Lance? They like totally just said no to us.” “They said that they needed to talk it over, that’s all.” “How can you be so sure?” “I’m not. I just know that we can pull through this if we try.” “Lance!” she curled up next to him and broke down. He held her and tried to calm her down. “It’s okay, Kitty.” He kissed her hair and drew her even closer. “I promise, nothing is going to keep us apart.” It was at that moment in time that Jean walked in. “Excuse me for interrupting, but the Professor would like to talk with you two.” “In a minute.” Lance said. “Okay.” Jean replied as she left. The two sat there for a moment, then got up to face their future.

~*~

“What?!” The answer that Lance and Kitty got was not quite what they had expected. “I said that you two are more than welcome to stay.” Xavier replied. “Wow! I, I don’t think I can thank you enough, but I still need to straighten things out with the Brotherhood.” “I understand completely, Lance.” Xavier said calmly. “Can I go too?” “No, Kitty. It’s way too dangerous for you to be there, especially with Mystique in as bad a mood as she was in today.” “Okay. I guess I’ll just wait for you here then.” Kitty looked at Lance longingly. He said goodbye and left. “Kitty.” “Yes, Professor?” “I would like to talk to you for a minute.” “Okay.” “Now, about this ‘night out’, don’t go into all of the details, but do tell me about when that was.” Xavier asked. “Sure,” Kitty said, “It was about a week before the senior prom.” “All right. Well then, Kitty, for the time being you aren’t to go any missions or be involved in any of the training sessions unless you’re teaching one.” Xavier replied firmly. He knew how much Kitty liked some of the training sessions with the recruits, but it was simply too much of a health hazard to her right now. “Okay.” She answered. “Anything else you, like, need to tell me?” “Yes.” The Professor replied. “I’m afraid that, until this child is born, that I will have to place a ban on your being able to use your powers. It’s for your own good, Kitty.” “I understand, Professor.” She said. He then dismissed her and she went to talk to her parents.

~*~

Meanwhile, Lance had just walked into the boarding house and didn’t expect what he found. Andi, Fred, and Sky had left for a family reunion back in Texas, so they weren’t around; however, the last thing he thought he’d see was Todd and Wanda making out in the living room. After regaining his composure, he walked in and cleared his throat. Both teens looked up and quickly scooted away from each other. “Back so soon?” Wanda asked, sounding a little flustered. “Not for long,” Lance said sarasticly. “where are the others?” “Gone.” She answered. “Hey, why the question, Yo?” Todd asked. “Why indeed, Avalanche?” Mystique asked evilly as she walked into the room. “I, I need to tell you something.” Lance said, trying to hide his fears. “Well then, tell us.” Mystique said slowly. “It’s not as if you’re dying.” “All right then, Kitty’s pregnant.” Lance said boldly, hoping that Mystique wouldn’t kill him for this. “What?!” The other two shouted. Mystique actually looked shocked for once. This was one thing she’d never seen coming. “Well well, you two have been up to something.” She said slowly. “Now what do you plan to do?” “I plan to stay with Kitty.” Lance replied firmly. “Don’t tell me you really think that they’d willingly take you in after this? They’ll kill you when you walk up to the gate.” The shapeshifter replied. “I already told you, I’m staying with Kitty. She needs me too much right now for me to just take off!” He shouted. “I see.” Mystique said smugly. “Well, if you won’t stay around here, then you may go. However, don’t expect us to take you back if something should go wrong with this plan you two seem to have.” “Then I guess I’ll just go pack up then.” Lance said as he walked up to his room.

~*~

Not long after Kitty had convinced her parents (and Mr. Logan) that it would be okay and that there was no need to do anything rash, Lance pulled back into the driveway. “What’s he doing back here?” Logan asked. “That’s what I forgot!” Kitty said as she slapped her forehead. “He’s gonna move in with us.” “Does Charles know about this?” Mr. Pryde asked. “Yes, I do indeed.” The Professor said as he wheeled in. “It seemed quite harsh to keep them in separate houses, however, I will not allow you tow to share a room until after you get married.” “Yes Professor.” Kitty said softly. At this point, she was just glad to have him there with her.

~*~

Two weeks. It seems like a long time, but it really isn’t when there’s so much going on. The recruits were glad to have Lance around again (he knew more about life than Scott), and even the instructors had been more considerate this time around. Plans were underway for the wedding and Kitty was way more stressed than she should have been. She and Jean were going over invitations in the dining room. “Okay, Kitty. So far we have your parents, the Brotherhood, the rest of the mansion, your cousin in Chicago, and that’s all.” “Jean, you like totally forgot two of the most important guests. Remy and Rogue.” “Oh! Sorry. I keep forgetting that she’s not here until I try to find her in the mansion.” “It sure isn’t the same without her here to make sarcastic remarks at someone. She’s like so good at it, ya know?” “Yeah, I know. Well, moving on. The next thing we need are the bridesmaids dresses.” “Yeah, I know.” “Who are the bridesmaids exactly?” “You and Rogue, duh!” “Okay. In that case, try to pick out something she can wear gloves with.” “Not to mention that she has to be able to fit into it.” “Good point. I think we need her measurments.” “Either that or we take her with us.” “She has to register at LSU this week. There’s no way she can make it up here.” “All right, I’ll like call and ask her later.” “Fair enough. Now, what color did you have in mind for these dresses?” “Well, pink is my favorite.” “Do you think Rogue will really wear a pink dress?” “She wears that pink sweater when it gets cold out.” “True. All right, pink it is.” The two continued to chat about flower arrangements and the like, until Lance walked in.

“Hey Kitty.” He said as he walked up to her. “Hi!” she said cheerfully just before he kissed her. “So, how’d your session with Mr. Logan go?” “Not bad.” He answered. “He didn’t try to kill me with the lasers today.” “Well, that’s good.” She replied. “What have you two been up to?” he asked. “Just getting ready for this wedding you two sprung on us.” Jean said tiredly. “I didn’t know there was this much involved in planning a wedding.” Kitty said as she laid her head on top of her hands. “Don’t worry, Kitty.” Lance said soothingly. “It’s going to turn out all right.” “I guess you’re right, Jean.” Kitty answered. “I’m just being a little to picky about this aren’t I?” “Not really.” Jean replied. “This is a very important event, and it is to be taken seriously.” “Yeah. This is our special day, Kitty. It’s kind of a good thing for you to be a perfectionist this time.” Lance said almost jokingly. Kitty thought the last part a bit offensive and hit him on the arm. Lance left soon and the girls got back to planning.

~*~

about two weeks later, all preparations were in order and Rogue and Gambit were, once again, at the institute. Things had dreastically changed since their last visit, however. Rahne Sinclair (Wolfsbane) had moved back in, and Alex and Warren were both there too. Not to say that Rogue herself hadn’t changed. It had been almost a month and she was starting to actually look the part of an expectant mother. The morning of the wedding had come and everyone was a little on edge. Rogue was ready and decided to go check on Kitty.

“Kitty?” Rogue said as she walked into her friend’s bedroom.

“Hi Rogue.” Kitty said, all the while trying not to throw up.

“Ya sure yer still up ta this, Kit?”

“It’s not like I have much of a choice.”

“Ah know, but we can move it back if…”

“No! I’ll be fine in like just a few minutes.”

“Judgin’ by the fact that ya look lahke Toad, Ah haf ta suggest that ya wait an hour.”

“I think you may be right.” Kitty said as she made a bolt for the door.

Rogue watched as her friend made a mad dash for the bathroom. Where had she gone wrong in teaching that girl. When had she started to teach her anyway? Maybe her actions had had more of an impact on Kitty than she’d thought. Just about the time she really started to ponder that thought, her mother showed up. “Rogue.” The words caught her off guard. “Yeah?” “Can I talk to you for a moment?” The shapeshifter asked. “Sure.” Rogue replied. “What about?” “About you, Rogue.” Mystique said, sounding, for once, like a mother. “You haven’t said a word since you got back.” “Ah haven’t felt lahke talkin’.” “Rogue, your having a baby, don’t tell me that your not even a little scared.” “Ah’m not denying it, but…” “But what? You don’t think I know about this sort of thing?” “No, it’s just that—well—let’s just say that Ah’m a little uncomfortable talkin’ ta you about this.” “I know that you have every reason not to listen, but please, let me help you with this at least.” “Ah don’t know. Why do you want ta help me in the first place?” “Because you’re my daughter, Rogue. I have and will always love you and I would really hate to see you going about this sort of life changing event alone.” “Ah’m not alone. Remy’s always been here for meh, but Ah would lahke ta have some help.” Rogue said as she looked into Raven’s face. Mystique had never been a good mother, but she seemed to be really trying lately. She knew that there was probably another reason behind this gesture, but Rogue wasn’t about to explore right now. Kitty staggered out of the bathroom and nearly fell over before Rogue and Raven made a mad dash to catch her. “A’e ya okay?” Rogue asked. “Not really.” Kitty said. “But I can’t let the guests down.” “You should rest, Kitty.” Raven said calmly. “Why should I listen to what you have to say?” Kitty said. “Because we all know that ya shouldn’t be ohn ya feet righ’ now.” Rogue answered. After a small argument, the two older women finally convinced Kitty to wait until that afternoon.

~*~

Three months later everything had a new routine. The training sessions were irratic as ever, but nobody complained. Every Tuesday at five, Kurt and Rogue had a quick chat session on the computer via web cam. Scott and Alex adjusted to each other quickly, but every so often you would see one chasing the other. Kitty seemed to be feeling better, and everyone was quick to offer whatever advice they had. X23, or Casey Howlett as she preferred to be called, had started school that year and had seemed to have gotten used to all of the attention she was getting from the others—others meaning Berzerker. More changes were on the horizons now than ever. The Prof was spending hours trying to find Lucas and sending the team after a grand total of seven mutants, all of which moved in.

They will be written about in a later fic about what the future of the X-Men would be like, but for now, I have their current stats.

Elizabeth Braddock-Psylock
Age: 20
Powers: Telepathy/telekenisis/can create light energy weapons with her mind.

Allison Blair-Dazzler
Age: 17
Powers:?

Paige Guthrie-
Age:14
Powers:

Bishop
Age:22
Powers: Can channel the energy directed at him and send it back to his opponents.

Illyna Rasputen-Magik
Age:15
Powers:

Danielle Moonstar-Mirage
Age: 16ish
Powers: Can make you think that your worst fears are coming true.

Lorna Dane-Polaris
Age:14-15
Powers: Can manipulate magnetic fields.

That’s all for now! Hope you liked this one!