The Youngest of Them All

The Diary of Kitty Pryde. Her First Week as an X Man.

By: Laura

I don’t own these characters in any way. Please don’t steal it. Enjoy.

January 15, 2000

Dear Diary,

I just arrived at my new home, the Xavier Institute for Gifted Youngsters. The place is huge. I’ve only been here a couple hours and I’ve already gotten lost twice. I have my own room, which is huge. It over looks the humungous yard. There’s even a pool. I can’t wait till it opens. This is my first minute alone since I got here. Everyone is so friendly, especially Jean Grey. Jean Grey is 17 and just joined the institute not too long ago herself. She says that she totally understands what I’m going through because she went through it herself, but does she really? I had a great life in Northbrook with my parents. Why do I have to be a mutant? Why me? Gotta go! Jean’s calling me. BYE!!

January 16,2000

Dear Diary,

Today was my first day at Bayville High. I got lost getting to all my classes. Luckily I ran into Jean a few times and she pointed me in the right direction. Bayville is much larger than my school back home. Also besides getting lost I couldn’t get my locker open so I had to carry all my books with me all day. When it came to lunchtime I thought my day couldn’t possibly get worse. Boy, was I wrong! Where was I to sit? I didn’t know anyone and anyone I tried to talk to just brushed me off. I got off the lunch line and let my eyes wander across the cafeteria for an empty seat, when all of a sudden I saw Jean waving to me from across the room. I quickly walked over to the table and took a seat. Thank God for Jean. She spared me a lot of embarrassment. This is basically a summary of my day. What a great way to start out at a new school. I wish I was home!!!!

January 17, 2000

Dear Diary,

I had a better day today, not much better though. I was able to find all my classes and my locker finally opened. At lunch I sat with Jean again after being made fun of by a group of cheerleaders. I’ve already got a reputation as a geek and it’s only my second day. It’s not my fault that I’m in all advanced classes. Is it? Gotta Go, Diary! Time for my first training session with the X Men. Wish me luck!

January18, 2000

Dear Diary,

Hi Diary! So much for luck. At last night’s training session I was horrible, well I was horrible compared to everyone else. Professor Xavier was very encouraging and told me I had done very well for my first time. I’ll have to work harder if I want to get up to Jean, Scott and Kurt’s level. I earned myself a new nickname besides Shadowcat last night. Because I’m the youngest Wolverine calls me Half-pint. That points out that I’m the youngest and most inexperienced. I’ll show him!!!!!!!! BYE Diary. I have to go. The Professor is holding a special training session for me. He’s really nice. He can sense my depression and wants to help. Don’t wanna be late!

January 19, 2000

Dear Diary,

Today was the worst day of school in the history of my life. At lunchtime while walking to sit with Jean one of those stupid cheerleaders tripped me. I fell flat on my face in my tray of food. I was a mess and to make things worse the whole cafeteria was pointing and laughing at me except for an isolated few. That was Jean, Scott and Kurt. I stood up and ran from the cafeteria as fast as I could with tears streaming down my cheeks. I stayed in the girl’s bathroom for about an hour and finally decided to go back to class where I earned another new nickname, Queen of the Klutz’s. When the bell rang to end the day it wasn’t soon enough. I ran out the doors where I was tormented again by the snobby cheerleaders. I walked slowly the rest of the way back home, to the mansion. When I got to my room Jean was already there waiting for me. " How you doing, Kitty", she asked me. " Fine" I replied. " Kitty, you don’t have to lie. What those girls did to you today was horrible. You don’t have to hide your true feelings", she said. At that moment my eyes welled with tears and I began to cry. I fell into Jean’s open arms and let out all my feelings not just from the day, but from the past five days.

January 20, 2000

Dear Diary,

Today was my best day so far. Jean helped me stand up to the cheerleaders and now their leaving me alone. I lost the nickname of Queen of the Klutz’s and some of my classmates actually talked to me. After school my training session with the X Men went much better than the last. The extra training I did must have helped. I feel that I am starting to belong to the team, but not just the team, the family. Things seem to be going much better now. Better get going I’m going to the movies later with Jean. Gotta go. BYE!!!!!!!!!!

January 21, 2000

Dear Diary,

At first when I got to the Institute, I liked being at school better (even though I was teased) because that’s where I felt smart. At the Institute I’m intimidated by how amazing everyone is. I’ve decided I like having people around to look up to. I think it makes me a better person and there’s so much to learn. The most important thing I have learned so far is to except who and what I am. I am Kitty Pryde and I am a mutant. I am proud to be who I am and nothing will ever change that. Goodnight Diary, Sleep Tight!!!!!!!!!