The Next Wave part 2

Angel surfaced again to hear everyone laughing. Except for Jenny who was yet again crying. Vance leaned over the side of the boat and extended a hand.

She grabbed it and he pulled her back into the boat.

Now there nine people aboard. Namor McKenzie was now sitting on the floor of the boat holding an air mask over his face. The culprit. The guilty one. Angel felt like strangling him but resisted. "Not funny," she said.

"I thought it was," Banner said.

"Who cares what you think," Janet hissed.

"Shut up, Tinkerbelle," Betty said. Everyone else on the boat fell silent and turned to look. But Janet just shook her head and looked away.

"Hey, Frogger. What's up with you," Janet asked McKenzie. He just shrugged. (Anyways, we'll move along now so you guys can get acquainted with another character.)

Elsewhere in the city a man runs from a local store after taking all the money and shooting some unlucky person in the leg. He knows all the back streets by heart. The cops will never find him, he realizes with great glee. Little does he know that there is one soul out tonight he will never escape from. In the distance the criminal hears the sirens but above all that the roar of a motorcycle engine revving up. It's so close its almost deafening. Not worried at all about the consequences of this action he turns to look back. Some fifty feet behind him the bike sits in the middle of the street. He drops the bag not believing his eyes. The rider appears to be a skeleton completely immersed in flame. Again the engine revs. The criminal takes off running the other direction. Tires squealing and the stench of burning rubber. That's all he remembered. And then whatever it was had left the bike and had his gun. It melted from the intense heat radiating from the creature's hand. He would have screamed for help but his throat had been slit in such away that he wouldn't bleed to death but his vocal cords had been cut. It began to laugh maliciously. The flames grew hotter and began to sear his skin. The pain was so intense. He wanted to scream but couldn't. Somehow the creature produced a knife and began slicing the criminal's skin in small cuts. Its horrible laughter grew louder and the flames grew hotter. He was alive for another six hours finally succumbing to the fact that he had been cooked from the inside out. All this for a couple grand.

Written by: Cricket Tealeaf and Chicago. We don't own these characters. We're just having fun.