Today was not Johnny Blaze's day. The night before he had witnessed a brutal murder in his dreams and had awoke in the morning feeling as though he had slept at all. And now all wanted he was coffee. And surely enough something was delaying that. Still it was almost worth the wait. A very pretty red-head had just sat down next to him. The bartender slid a boiling hot mug to him before taking her order. Johnny decided that it was worth a try. He turned to the red-head.

"Hey, I'm Johnny Blaze.".

"Jean Grey," she said, flashing him a smile..

"I haven't seen you around. New in town?".

"Actually I live in Bayville. I'm just here investigating a vigilante murder," she told him..

Murder. The word triggered a string of images from the nightmare. He tried not to let it show. "I've been there. It's kind of dull.".

She smiled. "Things have sure livened up lately.".

"Anyway, I was just wondering if you'd-".

"I'm dating somebody," she said quickly..

"Of course you are," he said, trying to keep some composure..

"Sorry. I just-sorry," she said. She looked down, blushing slightly..

"Oh don't worry. You aren't the first girl who has been embarrassed to be around me," he told her. He rubbed his head. It was beginning to throb. He moaned..

"Are you okay," Jean asked..

"I will be. Once this kicks in," he said, motioning to the now empty mug. "Anyway, what kind of murder?".

"Something really weird. It seems the guy was exposed to intense radiation. Yet there are footprints around the body. They were burned into the asphalt.".

The sinister face of the monster writhed in flame appeared in Johnny's mind. He suddenly felt lightheaded. "Sounds like something out of a horror movie," he said. .

"That what I'm saying.".

A stab of white hot pain raced through Johnny's head. He let his head hit the counter. Everything was threatening to go black. The room began to spin. "Man, I feel like I have a hang over. But I missed the buzz." He rubbed his head once again. "I better go." He slid off the stool and headed out..

This wasn't happening. He had dreamed it all somehow. And it had come true. Except he didn't want it top be true. And his head felt like it was caught in a vice. "Oh god, help me," he whispered..

A cold, evil sounding voice said, "He can't help you now. Your mine, boy." Johnny froze. He looked all around, but the streets were practically empty. No one close enough to have said that. It was then that he finally succumbed to his exhaustion and the violent migraine..

Written by Gayssa Myako. We don't own these characters. We're just having fun.